Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian resigns in protest at Ukraine war
A Russian with the guts to speak against Putin & his war on Ukraine. I hope all his family is safely out of Putin's reach. He's apparently not the first to resign but is the highest level diplomat to do so & the only one to make it public.
I hope some country offers such a brave man asylum - just NOT Australia, since the world knows how they treat asylum seekers. Perhaps we could do it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/m...e-invasion

"A veteran Russian diplomat in Geneva has resigned over his country’s invasion of Ukraine in a rare political protest from within the Russian foreign policy establishment.

Boris Bondarev, a counsellor at the Russian permanent mission to the United Nations in Geneva, wrote in a public statement: “Never have I been so ashamed of my country.”
“Today the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not about diplomacy,” wrote the diplomat, a 20-year veteran of the Russian foreign ministry. “It is all about warmongering, lies and hatred. It serves interests of few, the very few people thus contributing to further isolation and degradation of my country."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I think there will be a few more, but most will be concerned with safety for themselves and family. Maybe he has no real ties left to Russia and the UN promised to hide/relocate him, who knows
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yeah, I hope so because Putin's well known to have revenge on those who displease him. He's a nasty bit of work that one.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I agree, I fear for these peoples safety.
Good to see so more russians making a stand.

I dont think Putin has much time left either mind you. It looks like he has already survived multiple assassination attempts already. I wonder if thats the reason he was in hospital and they had a cover story they put out.