Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The new OCD pandemic...
Exclamation 
Feel sorry for all the kids growing up right now, I know people who suffer from OCD with problems like handwashing, etc.
Can only imagine the fear of germs is going to tip alot of such people over, especially kids.
I know that already councilors are having to deal with these kind of issues with kids and its only going to get worse.

I hope that a good portion of the billions wasted during this pandemic goes towards mental health, because we are going to see a rise in the cases of OCD...
I shouldn't think that spreading half-baked ideas from dodgy sources helps anyone with OCD.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Another half-baked conjecture from a conspiracy theorist who increasingly displays ignorance about real life. OCD is a psychiatric disorder which has lately been mischaracterised as "worry". It is not and it is not a condition that is set off by reading the daily news, it is much more complex than that.
I wonder sometimes, about how blind we are to our own psychiatric disorders while we are focusing on those others may demonstrate...
(04-06-2022, 08:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wonder sometimes, about how blind we are to our own psychiatric disorders while we are focusing on those others may demonstrate...
That's so unkind - I've told you - it's the world which is weird & not me.
I'm slightly....unusual. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(04-06-2022, 07:52 PM)Olive Wrote: Another half-baked conjecture from a conspiracy theorist who increasingly displays ignorance about real life.  OCD is a psychiatric disorder which has lately been mischaracterised as "worry".  It is not and it is  not a condition that is set off by reading the daily news, it is much more complex than that.

Its typically fueled by anxiety, some people are more prone to it, but its been linked to various factors while growing up as a child, sometimes traits passed down by parents who have similar anxiety too.
Well here we go, mental health on the rise, children self harm incidents doubled.

No surprises here.
https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/06/15/self-...year-olds/
(15-06-2022, 01:02 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Well here we go, mental health on the rise, children self harm incidents doubled.

No surprises here.
https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/06/15/self-...year-olds/
" mental health on the rise".  ?      Do you mean mental ill-health on the rise?   I think you do.

Before blindly accepting and promoting this simplistic narrative it would be worthwhile defining what you mean by mental ill-health.   Anxiety and sadness are not the same as paranoia and depression.   Psychological disorders are not the same as psychiatric disorders.