Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia could become a republic...
Perhaps this is something we should look at too?
https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/06/01/could...-monarchy/
I will become a republican when Elizabeth is no longer our Queen. But it's only because I cannot abide Camilla.
The flag referendum is suggestive that there wasn't the mood for that kind of change in New Zealand - but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Perhaps at some point in the future, but I doubt it will happen until after the Queen dies. Love her or hate her, she can't be faulted for her sense of duty & sheer hard work; she's deserving of respect & so it seems unlikely any move in that direction would happen until she's gone.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(02-06-2022, 03:14 PM)king1 Wrote: The flag referendum is suggestive that there wasn't the mood for that kind of change in New Zealand - but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then
I got the impression that most of NZ thought a flag change was a wast of time and money and at the time no point while we are still under British rule.
I know there has been some support for the cause to become a republic, but alot feel that it would be a better time once the Queen dies. I think the monarchy is falling to bits anyway and we dont have the same connection with it as in the past.
I think if Australia breaks away, then we would likely follow suit.