Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lisa Marie Presley dead
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/ce...ed-aged-54

"Lisa Marie Presley, the only child of Elvis Presley has died. She was 54.
"It is with a heavy heart that I must share the devastating news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us," her mum Priscilla Presley confirmed in a statement to People.
"She was the most passionate strong and loving woman I have ever known. We ask for privacy as we try to deal with this profound loss. Thank you for the love and prayers. At this time there will be no further comment."
The 54-year-old musician suffered a cardiac arrest at her Calabasas home on Thursday morning in the US."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Sad news, but I still can't help but think it's vaccine related, I guess we will never know if she recieved the shot but it's not normal or common for people in their 50s to drop dead from a heart attack.
These sorts of stories are happening almost on a daily basis now.
What a complete surprise some might link a death to antivaxxy BS.

Sadly, it is quite common for people to drop dead from heart attacks in their 40's and 50's. Age is a high risk factor of heart disease
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(14-01-2023, 12:00 AM)king1 Wrote: What a complete surprise some might link a death to antivaxxy BS. 

Sadly, it is quite common for people to drop dead from heart attacks in their 40's and  50's.  Age is a high risk factor of heart disease

And so is drug abuse and stress, both of which are relevant in this sad case.
Why not just blame Covid, quite a likely candidate really.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(14-01-2023, 08:06 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Why not just blame Covid, quite a likely candidate really.

I'd have thought it would have been mentioned if she had Covid
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Covid affects peoples bodies in a myriad of ways, at the end of which you die especially if you are older.

Governments of the world want business as usual and Covid is now fading away according to them, so any high profile deaths will never be Covid if it is possible to have another alternative diagnosis.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(14-01-2023, 12:00 AM)king1 Wrote: What a complete surprise some might link a death to antivaxxy BS. 

Sadly, it is quite common for people to drop dead from heart attacks in their 40's and  50's.  Age is a high risk factor of heart disease

I did a St John's first aid course as part of my employment about 20 years back. It was conducted by an ambulance driver/paramedic who as part of the CPR content commented that over the recent decades the cardiac arrests they were dealing with had progressed from mostly patients in their 60s or beyond back through those in their 50s and even 40s as time went by. Lifestyle, dietary habits, extreme training regimes and work related stress was his take on the reasons. None of those factors have improved in the past couple of decades so now cardiac issues in younger adults is no surprise.

On a related note this article : https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-heal...-rcna64651
There's something badly amiss in a society that has to resort to these sort of measures to correct the problems caused by what these kids are eating, but then there's no income to be derived from educating people on diet and any restrictions that may be imposed will be criticised as being impinging on people's civil liberties/freedom. What a fucked society some Western countries are becoming!
It's corruption through and through because the basic motive is making money, that is PROFIT. Morality and ethics being instigated are way down on the list of entities as well as individuals.

No oversight entities are present except for the government of the day, what a laugh, and they are too busy to look closely at what they see as niceties, rather, leaving it up to "the marketplace" to take care of regulation and balanced running. A joke really.

There is a joke with Reagan and his right wing cronies standing around laughing and clapping each other on the back with the caption "we told them money would trickle-down to the poor and they believed us".
(14-01-2023, 10:44 AM)harm_less Wrote:

I did a St John's first aid course as part of my employment about 20 years back. It was conducted by an ambulance driver/paramedic who as part of the CPR content commented that over the recent decades the cardiac arrests they were dealing with had progressed from mostly patients in their 60s or beyond back through those in their 50s and even 40s as time went by. Lifestyle, dietary habits, extreme training regimes and work related stress was his take on the reasons. None of those factors have improved in the past couple of decades so now cardiac issues in younger adults is no surprise.

On a related note this article : https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-heal...-rcna64651
There's something badly amiss in a society that has to resort to these sort of measures to correct the problems caused by what these kids are eating, but then there's no income to be derived from educating people on diet and any restrictions that may be imposed will be criticised as being impinging on people's civil liberties/freedom. What a fucked society some Western countries are becoming!

The fast food companies are well aware of the harm caused by their products, yet continue to target those who are often so poor both in time & money, that often fast food is their option.

But its far worse than that. Drug companies in America very precisely selected the poorer areas in the southern states in which to peddle their drugs, & those patients with chronic pain problems. They recruited Drs & nurses to promote their product. 
Purdue was probably best known for this & they used promotional items to persuade health professionals to prescribe their product

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2622774/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)