Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pfizer made 26 billion dollars 1st quarter...
Shocked 
Meanwhile many third world countries still havent got readily available access to the vaccine.
But hey, they all have natural immunity now and africa gave us the more mild Omicron strain Wink

https://www.theguardian.com/business/202...lovid-pill

"Pfizer has made nearly $26bn (£21bn) in revenues in the first three months of the year, the bulk from its Covid-19 vaccine and new pill to treat the virus, prompting fresh accusations of pandemic profiteering.

Covid vaccines have saved many lives around the world and relieved the pressure on health systems, but Pfizer has faced criticism over its vaccine pricing and its refusal to waive patent protection to enable others to make the jab.

Last week 35 campaigners from Global Justice Now, Act-Up London, Just Treatment and Stop Aids protested against what they call pandemic profiteering, and delivered wheelbarrows full of fake money to Pfizer’s UK headquarters in Surrey on the day of the company’s annual shareholder meeting."

In this particular situation perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to oblige Pfizer to provide the vaccine free to all those countries which are in need of it, regardless of where they are.

Given their massive profits, its hardly likely to cause them any damage.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
But weirdly, its share price has gone down 6% since the start of the year. Go figure!
(06-06-2022, 04:27 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: But weirdly, its share price has gone down 6% since the start of the year. Go figure!
Really?

My heart bleeds for them - or something. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Oh ffs. It isn't Pfizer's fault it does what it is designed to do. The system is set up to exploit opportunities to create wealth. You want to do things differently? Create different outcomes?

Change the system.
(06-06-2022, 04:27 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: But weirdly, its share price has gone down 6% since the start of the year. Go figure!
Check out Pfizer's stock price over 12 months, or 5 years, to see the real picture
https://app.sharesies.com/invest/nyse-pfe
Like our response to the climate crisis though, changing the system that rewards the few and exploits the many just goes into the Too Hard basket...

As a species we are just too dumb to be worth keeping.
(07-06-2022, 06:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Like our response to the climate crisis though, changing the system that rewards the few and exploits the many just goes into the Too Hard basket...

As a species we are just too dumb to be worth keeping.
There are exceptions at least to some extent. Just not widespread enough to make the entire world a fairer place.