Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recommended Broadband providers...
Hi All, Maybe been done, however seeking others recommends/or negative reviews of Broadband providers. Cheers
Actrix/Voyager, been with them for many years. No complaints. Very good support when needed
Where are you located? Here in Taranaki we have a very innovative and customer orientated ISP in PrimoWireless. They have a growing network of transmitting sites that serve the difficult terrain around coastal Taranaki and also the rugged eastern hill country. Integrated VoIP service available at $15/month.

Other regions have similar providers that you can probably find here: https://www.broadbandcompare.co.nz/
(16-06-2022, 10:45 AM)huckleberry Wrote: Hi All, Maybe been done, however seeking others recommends/or negative reviews of Broadband providers. Cheers
I swapped over to Now Broadband a few months ago...  No issues local support, answer the phone in minutes, a good price, cant complain

Unlimited gigabit fibre, phone line and static IP for $109/month.

from their latest email
Quote:We're blown away! We've just won Canstar Blue's 'Most Satisfied Customers' award, for the third year in a row! Better yet this time we took it out with a perfect score of 5-stars across the board! That makes us even more chuffed.

I can PM you a referral code for a $100 credit if needed...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(16-06-2022, 11:36 AM)harm_less Wrote: Where are you located? Here in Taranaki we have a very innovative and customer orientated ISP in PrimoWireless. They have a growing network of transmitting sites that serve the difficult terrain around coastal Taranaki and also the rugged eastern hill country. Integrated VoIP service available at $15/month.

Other regions have similar providers that you can probably find here: https://www.broadbandcompare.co.nz/
Hi, My bad, in Auck, currently with Spark, one option we are looking at is My Republic. Thanks for prompt replies
I am in Auckland and went from Trustpower all in one to Spark on their unlimited plan with netflix and neon and landline, works out around $120 a month, and I have been with them for several years now with no issues. They can be hard to get in touch with by phone but their online chat service is pretty fast and responsive. I won't be changing again anytime soon.
We've been with Spark for about ten years and have never had a problem. I know they are regarded as expensive, but their coverage is reliable and I like using their interest-free loan to buy new phones. For unlimited fibre and two "endless" mobile plans we pay around $230 pm. I have used their online chat a few times and found it polite and helpful.
Yes I have been with Spark for many years & wont be changing either.
They can be hard to get hold of at Best of times.But Thats normal for
lots of companies these days.
We're also with Spark. 2 prepay cellphones and for the computer, monthly wireless Broadband which is 40gb for $45. For customer service, the chatbot is hopeless. Phoning works if you don't mind the wait. Asking for help in person at the retail shop works best so long as it can be combined with a visit to other business in the shopping centre. Not that I've needed help often. Their actual service is pretty seamless and reliable and I probably only need to contact them once or twice a year.

One thing that drives me nuts is the lack of proper documentation for what you have paid for. The prepay no longer provides any real invoicing or receipting. The monthly account does have an invoice but the invoice period is different from the period it is charging for (and doesn't tell you).