Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This plant based fad...
(21-06-2022, 08:35 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I was talking about chocolate. Chocolate is an optional, not a necessity. And no, I would just go American and live on those addictive coffee sachets with all that processed stuff in it. And I would add chocolate dust.

Because I like it.

"Chocolate is an optional, not a necessity."

Of course its a necessity, or at least dark chocolate is. Its so very very good for us that its virtually a health food! Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(22-06-2022, 12:56 PM)nzoomed Wrote: All this "plant" based stuff can be more unhealthy than regular milk for example. Just think of all the chemicals and processes to make "rice" milk or other types of plant based milk.
Its not even something you can naturally extract. Canola oil is another example.
I agree.  Canola oil is super-processed and so are most vegetable oils.  I don't eat them.
processed foods are not cool man!
(22-06-2022, 01:38 PM)SueDonim Wrote:
(22-06-2022, 01:25 PM)harm_less Wrote: Our milk is so far removed from squirting a teat into a bottle that it can be regarded as a high processed food itself. Its water footprint and Fonterra's energy consumption speaks for itself in respect to "regular milk".

At least it is still pure milk. The pasturisation is essential for safety unless you are prepared to go to great lengths to keep the milk safe, but universal homogenisation seems to have crept its way in by stealth. I used to buy non-homogenised milk but decided that it's too expensive.
'Pure' is a debatable description as much of the milk sold in NZ is standardised by way of permeate. Some of the ultra low fat milk varieties in particular are a far cry from being pure milk and I have seen some pretty disgusting results from such milks going beyond their 'use by' dates and turning into a rubbery blob. I don't want to know what sort of processing leads to a product degrading to this degree and can well understand the popularity in raw milk outlets that are increasingly widespread throughout NZ.

And to dispel any misunderstanding that the energy consumption of Fonterra is due to pasteurisation processing this isn't the case. That consumption is largely due to the removal of water from milk in order to turn it into milk powder, the end product of much of our dairy farmers' milk.
Did you know that plants scream when you trim them, I wonder if they scream when you eat them?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I wonder if fish are screaming when the trailer hauls it's net up. Thousands of fish screaming at once would be hard to ignore...but they are just fish. Is the grass screaming as the cow munches it ? Sorry, I can't hear above my lawnmower.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(22-06-2022, 06:57 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I wonder if fish are screaming when the trailer hauls it's net up. Thousands of fish screaming at once would be hard to ignore...but they are just fish. Is the grass screaming as the cow munches it ? Sorry, I can't hear above my lawnmower.
Cutting grass MURDERER  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Just fish?

I have a slight bias. I have kept fish in aquariums for decades. I know fish can play. Learn. Get cross. Parent.

Yup. Just fish...
And Thanks for the fish...
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society