Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia warns Lithuania
Russia has warned Lithuania of consequences over their rail transit blockage.

Surely Russia wouldn't be daft enough to extend their war into Lithuania.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61878929

[b]"Russia has warned Lithuania of "serious" consequences after it banned the rail transfer of some goods to the Russian territory of Kaliningrad.[/b]
Russia "will certainly respond to such hostile actions," senior security official Nikolai Patrushev said.
Lithuania says it is only following the EU sanctions imposed over Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.
Kaliningrad - a strategic region where Russia's Baltic Fleet is headquartered - has no border with mainland Russia.

The western territory was annexed from Germany after World War Two in 1945 and is bordered by EU and Nato members Lithuania and Poland.

The region - where an estimated one million people live - relies heavily on imports of raw materials and spare parts from Russia and the EU."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I wonder if this is a ploy by NATO - tempting Russia to do something stupid, that they can react to directly.
I do have other cameras!
Somebody shoot Putin and his nutty followers and lets try and get back to some sort of normal.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(22-06-2022, 06:40 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Somebody shoot Putin and his nutty followers and lets try and get back to someesort of normal.
I'm starting to think that might be the only way to end this, dammit.  Although,  I'd rather see Putin & his mates in prison.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
he might have to start sending stuff by sea freight. Is it ironic that the idiot who disrupted world supply chains is himself suffering supply chain issues?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(22-06-2022, 06:36 PM)Praktica Wrote: I wonder if this is a ploy by NATO - tempting Russia to do something stupid, that they can react to directly.
Ironically this might be what we need.