Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auckland stabbings
Several people were stabbed in the North shore.
Apparently some construction workers nearby were able to grab the bloke - it sounds like someone who's mentally ill.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/3006204...coast-bays

"A large kitchen knife has been found at the scene where multiple people were stabbed in Auckland East Coast Bays on Thursday morning.
A witness told Stuff people were screaming and being stabbed at random.
St John confirmed that five people have been injured and four of those people were taken to Auckland Hospital.
Three people have moderate injuries and two people have minor injuries.

One person has been taken into custody by police."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Terrible state of affairs. You just aren't safe anywhere.
(23-06-2022, 03:48 PM)Sapana Wrote: Terrible state of affairs.  You just aren't safe anywhere.
In 70 odd years on this earth, I've never come across anyone holding a knife in anger. I suggest being less of a drama queen.
I do have other cameras!
(23-06-2022, 06:28 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(23-06-2022, 03:48 PM)Sapana Wrote: Terrible state of affairs.  You just aren't safe anywhere.
In 70 odd years on this earth, I've never come across anyone holding a knife in anger. I suggest being less of a drama queen.

What does that comment mean? That you don't believe it happened?
You've been lucky then. I'm 75 and it was a common happening in our house with my violent father.
I once came home from school to find him chasing my brother down the street with a large knife.

My son had a girlfriend who went for him with a knife when she had had a few drinks. The police came and she spent a night in the cells.
But I haven't seen a stranger in the street with a knife. You can't deny that it happens though.
(23-06-2022, 08:03 PM)Outsider Wrote:
(23-06-2022, 06:28 PM)Praktica Wrote: In 70 odd years on this earth, I've never come across anyone holding a knife in anger. I suggest being less of a drama queen.

What does that comment mean? That you don't believe it happened?
You've been lucky then. I'm 75 and it was a common happening in our house with my violent father.
I once came home from school to find him chasing my brother down the street with a large knife.

My son had a girlfriend who went for him with a knife when she had had a few drinks. The police came and she spent a night in the cells.
But I haven't seen a stranger in the street with a knife. You can't deny that it happens though.
I wasn't denying it happens - just that it is not a common occurance, and certainly not something to obsess about. Family violence is a different thing.
I do have other cameras!
This guy has mental health issues. Mind you, imo, anyone who uses violence has mental health issues.

Yet another example of how our mental health in the community is failing, both in treatment and in suffering. Too many people, too stressed, and too neglected.

Becoming a hermit has much to recommend it.