Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
""Proud boys" designated a terrorist group by govt.
Not before time; they're a repulsive little group with some extremely nasty views.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...anisations

"The Government has quietly designated two United States far-right organisations, the Proud Boys and The Base, as terrorist organisations.
The legal designation of the two groups – which would have been signed off by the prime minister – was made on June 20, and made public in the New Zealand Gazette on June 27. The decision was not otherwise announced by the Government.
The designation means people who recruit for the groups or provide them with material support could be prosecuted under the Terrorism Suppression Act.

The Proud Boys are a fascist organisation aligned with former US President Donald Trump, who were part of an attack of the US Capitol in Washington DC on January 6, 2021.

The attack on the Capitol, an attempt to prevent the finalisation of an election result that would end the Trump presidency, has also been called an insurrection or attempted coup.

Two members of The Base, a white-supremacist, neo-Nazi group, were in 2021 sentenced to nine-years in prison after a Federal Bureau of Investigation probe found they planned to attack a state capitol, according to Associated Press."

Canada has also designated them as a terrorist entity.

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/02/992846086...-in-canada

"In February, Canada added three right-wing groups to its list of terrorist entities. Included on that list, the Proud Boys. And that's an organization founded in 2016 by a Canadian living in the U.S."

And this from the Southern poverty law centre:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/...proud-boys

"The Proud Boys’ actions belie their disavowals of bigotry: Rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings such as the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. Former Proud Boys member Jason Kessler helped organize that event, which brought together a broad coalition of extremists including Neo-Nazis, antisemites and militias. Kessler was expelled from the group after the violence and near-universal condemnation of Charlottesville rallygoers.

Other hardcore members of the alt-right have argued that the “Western chauvinist” label is just a “PR cuck term” McInnes crafted to gain mainstream acceptance. “Let’s not bullshit,” Brian Brathovd, aka Caerulus Rex, told his co-hosts on “The Daily Shoah,” an antisemitic podcast popular with the alt-right. If the Proud Boys “were pressed on the issue, I guarantee you that like 90% of them would tell you something along the lines of ‘Hitler was right. Gas the Jews.’”
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I didnt see a single white supremacist there during the capitol riots, but there was a good amount of ANTIFA guys trucked in by the busload.
No doubt some far right elements were there, but trump never organized that riot, it was already planned as a front to discredit trump.
(01-07-2022, 02:21 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I didnt see a single white supremacist there during the capitol riots, but there was a good amount of ANTIFA guys trucked in by the busload.
No doubt some far right elements were there, but trump never organized that riot, it was already planned as a front to discredit trump.

Sure it was - & I'm Marie of Romania. Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...it-matters

• The designation means people who recruit for the Proud Boys or provide them with material support could be prosecuted under the Terrorism Suppression Act (TSA). It does not make it a crime to be a member of the group."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/3...leges?rm=a

"Social media posts by a Washington state member of the Proud Boys arrested Wednesday indicate that he and others were planning in advance to organise a group that would attempt to overwhelm police barricades and breach the US Capitol on January 6, US prosecutors alleged.

Ethan Nordean, 30, and others appeared motivated in part by what they perceived to be an insufficient police response to the stabbing of one of their members who attended a December pro-Trump demonstration in the District of Columbia, the FBI said in charging papers.

In a 12-page affidavit, an FBI agent alleged a string of confrontational communications aimed in part at police and "this corrupt system" by Nordean and the Proud Boys, a far-right group with a history of violence. US President Donald Trump also famously told the group to "stand back and stand by" when asked during a presidential debate to condemn white supremacists and the Proud Boys in particular."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Sounds like they are really gunning for Trump over the capitol riots. I'd be surprised if he avoids jail time over this...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(01-07-2022, 03:53 PM)king1 Wrote: Sounds like they are really gunning for Trump over the capitol riots.  I'd be surprised if he avoids jail time over this...
I wouldn't, given his ability to wriggle out of most things. But if anyone deserves prison, he does.
Did you see little green fairies there too, CT?
I do have other cameras!
(01-07-2022, 06:19 PM)Praktica Wrote: Did you see little green fairies there too, CT?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Presumably BLM and Antifa will be next...or is their violence
and particular brand of bigotry OK?
(01-07-2022, 07:46 PM)dken31 Wrote: Presumably BLM and Antifa will be next...or is their violence
and particular brand of bigotry OK?
Do they even exist, except in the fevered brains of conspiracy theorists?
I do have other cameras!
They don't appear to be terribly bright.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...6kSYxYqF_A
(30-06-2022, 03:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Not before time; they're a repulsive little group with some extremely nasty views.

"The Government has quietly designated two United States far-right organisations, the Proud Boys and The Base, as terrorist organisations.
The legal designation of the two groups – which would have been signed off by the prime minister – was made on June 20, and made public in the New Zealand Gazette on June 27. The decision was not otherwise announced by the Government.
The designation means people who recruit for the groups or provide them with material support could be prosecuted under the Terrorism Suppression Act.

The Proud Boys are a fascist organisation aligned with former US President Donald Trump, who were part of an attack of the US Capitol in Washington DC on January 6, 2021.

The attack on the Capitol, an attempt to prevent the finalisation of an election result that would end the Trump presidency, has also been called an insurrection or attempted coup.

Two members of The Base, a white-supremacist, neo-Nazi group, were in 2021 sentenced to nine-years in prison after a Federal Bureau of Investigation probe found they planned to attack a state capitol, according to Associated Press."

"In February, Canada added three right-wing groups to its list of terrorist entities. Included on that list, the Proud Boys. And that's an organization founded in 2016 by a Canadian living in the U.S."

"The Proud Boys’ actions belie their disavowals of bigotry: Rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings such as the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. Former Proud Boys member Jason Kessler helped organize that event, which brought together a broad coalition of extremists including Neo-Nazis, antisemites and militias. Kessler was expelled from the group after the violence and near-universal condemnation of Charlottesville rallygoers.

Other hardcore members of the alt-right have argued that the “Western chauvinist” label is just a “PR cuck term” McInnes crafted to gain mainstream acceptance. “Let’s not bullshit,” Brian Brathovd, aka Caerulus Rex, told his co-hosts on “The Daily Shoah,” an antisemitic podcast popular with the alt-right. If the Proud Boys “were pressed on the issue, I guarantee you that like 90% of them would tell you something along the lines of ‘Hitler was right. Gas the Jews.’”

2 groups who have  no members or influence here in NZ designated as Terrorist Groups.  So a pointless exercise all round.

Yet real terrorist groups here in NZ remain untouched and in once case actually receive government funding.  Go figure.
(02-07-2022, 08:43 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(30-06-2022, 03:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Not before time; they're a repulsive little group with some extremely nasty views.

2 groups who have  no members or influence here in NZ designated as Terrorist Groups.  So a pointless exercise all round.

Yet real terrorist groups here in NZ remain untouched and in once case actually receive government funding.  Go figure.
Rightwing idiot media channels here regularly reference the members and deeds of their fellow terrorists - and it's nice to see the right identified as a threat, rather than the leftwing mirages usually chased by righties. We can only hope that the right's trolls and fellow travellers are forced to think again.
I do have other cameras!
(03-07-2022, 09:43 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 08:43 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: 2 groups who have  no members or influence here in NZ designated as Terrorist Groups.  So a pointless exercise all round.

Rightwing idiot media channels here regularly reference the members and deeds of their fellow terrorists - and it's nice to see the right identified as a threat, rather than the leftwing mirages usually chased by righties. We can only hope that the right's trolls and fellow travellers are forced to think again.
Yes, that would be useful - but I'm not convinced that lot actually do a lot of thinking. Rolleyes