Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The return of Angry Andy
Star 
http://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/129153136...pp-android

Did Angry Andy ever go? Or was he just pushed into the background a bit so he didn't come off as so combative?

Certainly his attacks on the Nurses failure to sign off on their contract was telling. I think he believed that the Union would simply sign it off - but forgot the members need to do that. Strange as the former Union head.

His constant denial of a crisis, his outright lies in a recent interview highlighted by those working in health shows a man barely holding on.
I seem to recall a certain National PM, denying a housing crisis for more than a few years.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Funny thing... I was in radiology at NSH a few weeks back, on a Sunday. The place was quiet, I was the only one in xray, plenty of visitors around but no one looked stressed to me. Then a friend had to go over to Auckland to have an MRI midweek and she said the same thing.

Maybe this system under pressure thing is a bit exaggerated by the media? Though I have no doubt medical wards are working hard with winter ailments coming in thick and fast, and E Ds are always busy, but the staff I see are always calm and smiling. Angels all...
Funny how dumb righties don't have opinions of their own, but rely on other dumb righties to provide them!
I do have other cameras!
(04-07-2022, 01:19 PM)king1 Wrote: I seem to recall a certain National PM, denying a housing crisis for more than a few years.
Ahh nothing like but, but, but National!  as an argument.....

(04-07-2022, 01:48 PM)Praktica Wrote: Funny how dumb righties don't have opinions of their own, but rely on other dumb righties to provide them!
Did u see the part after the article? see that is my opinion.

Funny how dumb lefties are just well.....dumb.
Andy who? Prince Andrew?
(04-07-2022, 06:43 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 01:19 PM)king1 Wrote: I seem to recall a certain National PM, denying a housing crisis for more than a few years.
Ahh nothing like but, but, but National!  as an argument.....
So, not allowed to criticise the many years of National! housing crisis denial?  But Andy's fair game is he...

(04-07-2022, 08:33 PM)king1 Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 06:43 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Ahh nothing like but, but, but National!  as an argument.....
So, not allowed to criticise the many years of National! housing crisis denial?  But Andy's fair game is he...
But, but, but National isn't a very good argument is it?  If that is all you have you may as well fold up your tent now.
(04-07-2022, 08:55 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 08:33 PM)king1 Wrote: So, not allowed to criticise the many years of National! housing crisis denial?  But Andy's fair game is he...
But, but, but National isn't a very good argument is it?  
To a National troll probably not - but most reasoned and informed individuals will consider all parts of a discussion. 

It wasn't really an argument I was making though, simply a statement of fact - if anything just to make the point that no-one is perfect, not even the mighty Nat overlords...

(04-07-2022, 09:18 PM)king1 Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 08:55 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: But, but, but National isn't a very good argument is it?  
To a National troll probably not - but most reasoned and informed individuals will consider all parts of a discussion. 

It wasn't really an argument I was making though, simply a statement of fact - if anything just to make the point that no-one is perfect, not even the mighty Nat overlords...
Well surely you can defend poor Andy?  I mean he spent $60 mil to recover a burnt loader and a few bone fragments from a mine he declared was safe to enter.  Except it wasn't.  

And now he is making a hash of health.  Blasts GPs, blasts nurses and their union, blasts DHBs, blasts doctors - been working on Pike River too long - thinks blasting is the best way to go.  Goes on TV and declared things are settling down - they weren't.     

But hey you deflect to your but, but, but National! argument.  If you get tired of that you can always roll out the Nine years of neglect or sewage running down the walls options.

But seeing as you bought up housing - if Labour declared housing in Crisis in 2016 what would you call it now? Housing Armageddon? Housing apocalypse?
(04-07-2022, 10:44 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 09:18 PM)king1 Wrote: To a National troll probably not - but most reasoned and informed individuals will consider all parts of a discussion. 

Well surely you can defend poor Andy?  I mean he spent $60 mil to recover a burnt loader and a few bone fragments from a mine he declared was safe to enter.  Except it wasn't.  

And now he is making a hash of health.  Blasts GPs, blasts nurses and their union, blasts DHBs, blasts doctors - been working on Pike River too long - thinks blasting is the best way to go.  Goes on TV and declared things are settling down - they weren't.     

But hey you deflect to your but, but, but National! argument.  If you get tired of that you can always roll out the Nine years of neglect or sewage running down the walls options.

But seeing as you bought up housing - if Labour declared housing in Crisis in 2016 what would you call it now?  Housing Armageddon?  Housing apocalypse?
I really don't care that much, but we are living in unique times so not surprising there is pressure on systems.  I certainly don't feel the need to defend him, but resorting to name calling seems just a tad childish...

At the risk of opening up another avenue of emotive blasting, there are health reforms in the pipeline, as you are aware - I know I couldn't do a job of this magnitude so I will refrain from criticising those that take on the role. I have first hand experience of the delays and problems in the health sector, so I do agree that change can't come fast enough...

As for housing I would still call it a crisis for now, but from what I gather things are settling down on that front as well.  Although there has been less in the news about homeless living on the streets so that has to be a good thing.   Things are definitely changing, but what is 'normal' is also changing, more people renting etc

(05-07-2022, 08:33 AM)king1 Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 10:44 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Well surely you can defend poor Andy?  I mean he spent $60 mil to recover a burnt loader and a few bone fragments from a mine he declared was safe to enter.  Except it wasn't.  

But seeing as you bought up housing - if Labour declared housing in Crisis in 2016 what would you call it now?  Housing Armageddon?  Housing apocalypse?
I really don't care that much, but we are living in unique times so not surprising there is pressure on systems.  I certainly don't feel the need to defend him, but resorting to name calling seems just a tad childish... 

At the risk of opening up another avenue of emotive blasting, there are health reforms in the pipeline, as you are aware - I know I couldn't do a job of this magnitude so I will refrain from criticising those that take on the role.  I have first hand experience of the delays and problems in the health sector, so I do agree that change can't come fast enough...

As for housing I would still call it a crisis for now, but from what I gather things are settling down on that front as well.  Although there has been less in the news about homeless living on the streets so that has to be a good thing.   Things are definitely changing, but what is 'normal' is also changing, more people renting etc
Childish name calling...like calling someone a troll?  Or referring to "National Overlords"  that kind of childish name calling?

And sure not many stories in the news about homeless.  They are still there just take a walk around the CBD of any city. 

Or they are in motels - the same motels that Labour blasted National about - but they have now 10 times the amount of.
Or the waiting list for accommodation- 5 times the amount under National.

And the health reforms - done right during a critical health crisis because let's change everything now rather than wait.  Not that they will change.  Nothing will come from the health reforms except a bigger more expensive bureaucracy.  Ask Auckland how much cheaper things are under the super city....
are you ever happy?

(05-07-2022, 11:48 AM)king1 Wrote: are you ever happy?
Sure all the time.
Is that another outstanding king argument?  You better run back to but but, but National!
(05-07-2022, 01:47 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 11:48 AM)king1 Wrote: are you ever happy?
Sure all the time.
Is that another outstanding king argument?  You better run back to but but, but National!
just concerned about your welfare, nothing more...

(05-07-2022, 02:32 PM)king1 Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 01:47 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Sure all the time.
just concerned about your welfare, nothing more...
Sure you are.  I think someone who calls himself King is concerned only with himself.  Either that or has a severe inferiority complex.  So perhaps the question should be  - are YOU OK?
(05-07-2022, 03:26 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 02:32 PM)king1 Wrote: just concerned about your welfare, nothing more...
Sure you are.  I think someone who calls himself King is concerned only with himself.  Either that or has a severe inferiority complex.  So perhaps the question should be  - are YOU OK?
My wife would say the former...

I have a little sign behind my desk that reads
When the King is happy, there is peace in the Kingdom

Does that help confirm your suspicions...

(04-07-2022, 08:33 PM)king1 Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 06:43 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Ahh nothing like but, but, but National!  as an argument.....
criticise all you like, what do you think of labours outstanding success in fixing the housing crisis
yes i know
(08-07-2022, 06:45 AM)jim157 Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 08:33 PM)king1 Wrote: So, not allowed to criticise the many years of National! housing crisis denial?  But Andy's fair game is he...
criticise all you like, what do you think of labours outstanding success in fixing the housing crisis
Last I heard house prices have peaked if not started falling, and rents have started to fall.  Bargaining power has swung in favour of tenants.  Positive signs I would say...