Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it just me, or is the trade website getting even worse?
Question 
Navigating round trade is a real pain at the moment.
Also looks like they are trying to make the page more optimized for mobile devices rather than desktop computers.
Last night the damned thing kept insisting I log in. Again. And again. And again.

There is no real service available except for high volume sellers, and no one really cares about rules anymore. It isn't nearly as user friendly as it was.
(05-07-2022, 03:42 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Navigating round trade is a real pain at the moment.
Also looks like they are trying to make the page more optimized for mobile devices rather than desktop computers.
agreed, I like it less and less, especially how they seem to be straddling both layouts at the moment... 

The one thing that has annoyed me forever is that they don't retain old listings longer than a month or so.  If you have to relist the same item down the track for whatever reason you have to go through the whole listing process again.

and also noticed this with the job listings for a client.  Every 6 months or so he has to advertise for new staff, but every time you have to list it from scratch, can't just pull up the last advert and relist...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
No researching past listings either...
(05-07-2022, 06:42 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No researching past listings either...
tried here?
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Advance...anced=true

This one still works for me, just got to get yourself onto the old form. I usually do that by going to my trademe -> favourites
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(05-07-2022, 03:55 PM)king1 Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:42 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Navigating round trade is a real pain at the moment.
agreed, I like it less and less, especially how they seem to be straddling both layouts at the moment... 

The one thing that has annoyed me forever is that they don't retain old listings longer than a month or so.  If you have to relist the same item down the track for whatever reason you have to go through the whole listing process again.

and also noticed this with the job listings for a client.  Every 6 months or so he has to advertise for new staff, but every time you have to list it from scratch, can't just pull up the last advert and relist...
I figured that the lack of content retention was an attempt to move sellers to use their My Products and Trade Vine (?) or whatever they call the system that is provided by a third party that organises listings, stock and associated functions. Whatever it was called I had a go at using it a while ago during a free trial offer and found it to be very user unfriendly and counterintuitive. Gave it the boot at the end of the trial with absolutely no sales resulting from its use.

Trade Me is more and more about screwing the maximum fees out of their sellers for a steadily declining level of support, and customer base for that matter. It serves a few purposes for us and we've harvested a reasonable number of direct buying customers for our website but even that is hardly worth the effort these days. Trade Me has accounted for about 1% of our sales for the past two years but is struggling to even do that so far this year.
And yet when you complain about it on their Community page, the biggest fans who counter post are high volume sellers.

Or maybe they are paid shills, lol.
They're high volume sellers
(06-07-2022, 07:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: And yet when you complain about it on their Community page, the biggest fans who counter post are high volume sellers.

Or maybe they are paid shills, lol.

Alternate usage. "High volume" = loudest sellers.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.