Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life's little Annoyances
Radio stations that end songs prematurely when the song should obviously be played with the next piece/track.

For example: Genesis - Home By The Sea / Second Home By The Sea (Official Music Video)

This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The increasing use of 'that' when referring to people... People are not 'that'. They are whos. Does no one read Dr Seuss anymore?
And the use of 'learnings' and 'reckons' as nouns Angry Being 'across' a story or the use of 'V' in place of versus Angry

The bastardisation of English by journalists who should know better is disappointing to say the least.
Nerds forever!
"Gifting" or "gifted" instead of giving, or gave.
I do have other cameras!
Talking over the start or ending of any song.
Starting sentences with 'so.'
And the most recent Americanism - saying17 hundred rather than one thousand seven hundred.
Saying 'is' instead of has.

Just remembered another - apparently, nothing is produced, made or built these days. Everything is 'crafted.'
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Hundy instead of Hundred

(07-07-2022, 03:47 PM)Praktica Wrote: "Gifting" or "gifted" instead of giving, or gave.

Except, for this nerd, they have different meanings. Subtle, but different.
It is what it is.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(07-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: .....nothing is produced, made or built these days. Everything is 'crafted.'

And then if you are unlucky, it is "curated".
(07-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Just remembered another - apparently, nothing is produced, made or built these days. Everything is 'crafted.'
And if it's crafted specially for you it's 'bespoke' rather than custom made.
(07-07-2022, 06:41 PM)Olive Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: .....nothing is produced, made or built these days. Everything is 'crafted.'

And then if you are unlucky, it is "curated".
Big Grin Big Grin

Another thing is that these days, nothing cures or relieves anything at least according to the ads. Instead their (probably dubious) products 'support recovery' or 'support insert name of organ here' whatever bit is affected.

And if I hear anyone saying 'going forward' once more, I may just turn them into a frog... Big Grin Big Grin

Oh yesss - the awfulness of idiots constantly claiming that 'you've got this'...!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Life's little annoyances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLrJWaOR1k
I axed them instead of I asked them.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(09-07-2022, 08:22 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I axed them instead of I asked them.
Yep, that really annoys me as well.

People who claim someone has 'passed.' Its difficult to refrain from asking what mark they got. Big Grin Rolleyes

I've no intention of 'passing', 'passing over' or 'passing away'. I'm going to cark it, pop my clogs, fall off the perch, snuff it - die.
Listening to other people's music...when you don't want to. I guess it goes back to the '80's when kids walked around with a huge cassette player on their shoulder, the boom box. Now I sit at the lights with the car 4 places ahead rattling my windows...at the service station they stop their engine, but the music keeps playing full blast. These days they don't go for a nice walk with earbuds in, walking in their own private world, no, they have a bluetooth speaker blasting out in the peaceful surroundings.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Agreed - but then it does depend on the music. If it was something I like I wouldn't mind, but one note of country or rap is more than enough. Smile
(07-07-2022, 09:55 AM)king1 Wrote: Radio stations that end songs prematurely when the song should obviously be played with the next piece/track.

For example: Genesis - Home By The Sea / Second Home By The Sea (Official Music Video)

what about Echoes from Pink floyd and/or another brick on the wall, parts, 1, 2 and 3 or shine on you crazy diamond? lol I could go on forever!
Signs imploring us all to 'shop safe' - I want to take a piece f chalk & add the 'ly'.
things that are simply good ideas or useful information now referred to as a 'hack'

Quote:"A simple curtain hack – and more clever ways to get your drapes working for you this winter"
https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/clim...his-winter