Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supermarket watchdog.
David Clark says he expects Kiwis will be significantly better off because of the Government's new supermarket watchdog, but couldn't reveal exactly how much shoppers will save or when.

Typical of this government they know stuff all.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(07-07-2022, 12:58 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: David Clark says he expects Kiwis will be significantly better off because of the Government's new supermarket watchdog, but couldn't reveal exactly how much shoppers will save or when.

Typical of this government they know stuff all.
They know enough to realise how devious the dominant players in the supermarket arena are and that they will do all they can to sidestep any control measures on their activities.
I have heard mention of $1,000,000 a day in excess profits - how they work that out and what is normal profit I have no idea...

From here we get 1,787,900 Households
https://www.stats.govt.nz/information-re...20-quarter

Annualised we get
365,000,000 / 1,787,900 = $204.15 per household, per year...

This won't take into account the amount you spend on groceries, if you are a smaller spender of say $100/week on groceries then you will probably get a smaller share...

Now everyone can jump for joy...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
They are not going to fill the position of watchdog until partway through the new year, i bet that makes people happy and content knowing that groceries will still be expensive ... well done Labour  Angry
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(07-07-2022, 01:55 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: They are not going to fill the position of watchdog until partway through the new year, i bet that makes people happy and content knowing that groceries will still be expensive ... well done Labour  Angry
At least they are doing something about it, gotta count for something doesn't it?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
They are at least making the effort to rein in supermarkets profits to some extent. That's more than I can recall a National govt doing.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's hugely complex. Here's a link to a useful explainer:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/07-07-...dium=email