Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before they are jabbing us all for monkeypox?...
Something tells me that this will be the next vaccine mandate enforced upon everyone.
They already said on the news last night that they are going to be getting some vaccine into the country.

But apparently it only affects homosexuals according to the TV, so whats the issue?
Whats all the homophobia around this disease anyway?
(11-07-2022, 11:35 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Something tells me that this will be the next vaccine mandate enforced upon everyone.
They already said on the news last night that they are going to be getting some vaccine into the country.

But apparently it only affects homosexuals according to the TV, so whats the issue?

Did you get vaccinated against Polio? Or do you prefer to run the risk of contracting it?
IF there is a vaccine which protects against monkey pox, are you saying that you won't get it & prefer to take the risk of becoming infected? Rolleyes

"Only affects homosexuals??"
So you think that's OK & there's no need to worry about it then? Is that what you're saying?
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I was vaccinated against smallpox before an overseas trip back in 1978 so I will still have reasonable immunity against this pox 'variant'.

The monkey pox virus is spread by direct contact and the promiscuity within many homosexual communities is the reason the virus is largely restricted to gay and bi-sexual individuals. The main exception to this seems to be the healthcare providers who have tended to them who have contracted the virus, so again direct contact.

As usual if you're sourcing your information from the MSM you'll only get part of the story as they are dumbing down their content to cater for the lowest common denominator in their viewing audience. Far better info available from DR Campbell as usual
Why some take great delight in anticipating the worst I will never understand...
I was vaccinated for smallpox in 1970 - I'll probably still be covered. It wasn't done by injection, so poor old CT is just displaying his ignorance.
I do have other cameras!
I don't ever recall being forced to get a vaccination, always been my choice...

Oh now wait a moment, mother has something to answer for here...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-07-2022, 01:52 PM)king1 Wrote: I don't ever recall being forced to get a vaccination, always been my choice...

Never been enforced to either.

Thank all my Mothers.
I don't have sex with men so I think ill pass on getting vaccinated 
WAIT!!!! I don't have sex with anyone so absolutely I wont get vaccinated  Big Grin Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(11-07-2022, 01:52 PM)king1 Wrote: I don't ever recall being forced to get a vaccination, always been my choice...

I expect you will have had a tetanus vaccination on a regular basis? Should be redone every 10 years from memory though if you turn up at an ED with a significant injury (e.g. requires stitches) they'll usually give you a tetanus shot just to be safe.
(11-07-2022, 03:54 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I don't have sex with men so I think ill pass on getting vaccinated 
WAIT!!!! I don't have sex with anyone so absolutely I wont get vaccinated  Big Grin Big Grin
there is a pill for that though... Big Grin

I'm not surprised. Seeing you are so rude to pretty ladies who flirt with you.
(11-07-2022, 11:49 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Did you get vaccinated against Polio? Or do you prefer to run the risk of contracting it?
IF there is a vaccine which protects against monkey pox, are you saying that you won't get it & prefer to take the risk of becoming infected? Rolleyes

So you think that's OK & there's no need to worry about it then? Is that what you're saying?

Seeing as more cases of Polio are now caused by the vaccine than the wild virus, only a misguided fool would risk the vaccine if they're not at risk from the wild virus (i.e. they're hygienic, have a reasonable diet, healthy living conditions, don't live in the third world etc.).

Vaccines might be "safe and effective" but they most definitely not completely risk free.  So, if you're not at risk from the whatever the vaccine is attempting to protect you from, it is a demonstration of very poor risk v. reward analysis to get vaccinated.

So, it is absolutely relevant that monkeypox is almost exclusively passed on via promiscuous sexual behaviour.  If you're in a monogamous relationship, the monkeypox vaccine is a risk (possibly small, but a risk nonetheless) for essentially no reward.
Could you back up the vaccine claim with a link or two please? I know post polio syndome is an issue but I have never heard of the vaccine causing the disease...
(11-07-2022, 11:49 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 11:35 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Something tells me that this will be the next vaccine mandate enforced upon everyone.

Did you get vaccinated against Polio? Or do you prefer to run the risk of contracting it?

Its called sarcasm. IDK why the media are making a big deal about homosexuals and the disease. The LGBT community is quite upset about it, much in the same way as the reputation they got surrounding HIV/AIDS.

Im not worried about the disease at all, it doesnt spread very easily unless you  have close body contact and poor hygene.
We have not hing to worry about, Australia only got like 20 cases so far dont they?

(11-07-2022, 12:02 PM)harm_less Wrote: I was vaccinated against smallpox before an overseas trip back in 1978 so I will still have reasonable immunity against this pox 'variant'.

The monkey pox virus is spread by direct contact and the promiscuity within many homosexual communities is the reason the virus is largely restricted to gay and bi-sexual individuals. The main exception to this seems to be the healthcare providers who have tended to them who have contracted the virus, so again direct contact.

As usual if you're sourcing your information from the MSM you'll only get part of the story as they are dumbing down their content to cater for the lowest common denominator in their viewing audience. Far better info available from DR Campbell as usual

Most of the US population has been vaccinated against smallpox, except perhaps the younger generations from the 1990s onwards. Im not sure how long ago they stopped vaccinating against smallpox.

The smallpox vaccine is actually for cowpox, as it all is the same family as you say.
Im following cases in the US to see how the virus is transmitting among the population compared to those older ones who will likely have immunity.
We should know soon how well the vaccine protects you.

I dont know how much vaccine they have on hand because since smallpox is eradicated in the wild, its not really used anymore, except for military who may be at risk of exposure in the field to any potential biological weapons using it.

There is some talk about a newer generation of the vaccine which is administered by injection, i dont know alot about it, but it appeared there was some serious side effects reported.
The older generation which was done by a few small pricks to the arm was generally very safe.

Many of us were forced to get the covid jab or else loose their job...
(11-07-2022, 05:28 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I'm not surprised. Seeing you are so rude to pretty ladies who flirt with you.
Show me a pretty lady and Ill ask King for one of his pills  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(11-07-2022, 07:57 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Could you back up the vaccine claim with a link or two please? I know post polio syndome is an issue but I have never heard of the vaccine causing the disease...

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...the-spread

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/...s-67287290

https://www.theguardian.com/global-devel...wild-virus

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opini...irus-66778
(11-07-2022, 07:48 PM)dken31 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 11:49 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Did you get vaccinated against Polio? Or do you prefer to run the risk of contracting it?

Seeing as more cases of Polio are now caused by the vaccine than the wild virus, only a misguided fool would risk the vaccine if they're not at risk from the wild virus (i.e. they're hygienic, have a reasonable diet, healthy living conditions, don't live in the third world etc.).

Vaccines might be "safe and effective" but they most definitely not completely risk free.  So, if you're not at risk from the whatever the vaccine is attempting to protect you from, it is a demonstration of very poor risk v. reward analysis to get vaccinated.

So, it is absolutely relevant that monkeypox is almost exclusively passed on via promiscuous sexual behaviour.  If you're in a monogamous relationship, the monkeypox vaccine is a risk (possibly small, but a risk nonetheless) for essentially no reward.
You're links in the other post would suggest that it is because of the type of vaccine given in third world countries, the cheaper weakened virus,
so "only a misguided fool would risk the vaccine" would seem wrong in the third world where presumably what they can get is all they can afford - and it would also seem wrong in western countries where they use the "inactivated virus that poses no risk of spread" ...

(11-07-2022, 10:22 PM)dken31 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:57 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Could you back up the vaccine claim with a link or two please? I know post polio syndome is an issue but I have never heard of the vaccine causing the disease...

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...the-spread

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/...s-67287290

https://www.theguardian.com/global-devel...wild-virus

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opini...irus-66778
Wow! Thanks for that! 
So once again, going for the cheap and easy backfires and populations already under pressure bear the brunt of someone elses profit based decisions. Reminds me of the treatments dished out to haemophiliacs, based on collected blood products from multiple sources, that worked fine, till some manufacturing facilities skipped the heat treating bit of the process to save money (and boost profits) infecting thousands of already immunocompromised folk with HIV and hepatitis C.
No wonder we look at the pharma industry with scepticism.
(11-07-2022, 11:03 PM)king1 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:48 PM)dken31 Wrote: Seeing as more cases of Polio are now caused by the vaccine than the wild virus, only a misguided fool would risk the vaccine if they're not at risk from the wild virus (i.e. they're hygienic, have a reasonable diet, healthy living conditions, don't live in the third world etc.).

You're links in the other post would suggest that it is because of the type of vaccine given in third world countries, the cheaper weakened virus,
so "only a misguided fool would risk the vaccine" would seem wrong in the third world where presumably what they can get is all they can afford - and it would also seem wrong in western countries where they use the "inactivated virus that poses no risk of spread" ...
The difference between the live oral polio vaccine and the inactivated injected version is covered off well in this video, set to start at the point where the doctor ststes just that if you aren't interested in the full presentation:

Vaccinations have been a part of life for a very long time and until now have only been an issue for a very few - generally people who are either poorly educated and/or have strong religious beliefs. Nearly all of us have had multiple vaccines as babies and ongoing vaccines and/or boosters through our adult life. Because of this there are few deaths from polio, measles, tetanus, etc etc etc. And most people understand that.

For covid vaccination, mandates were only needed because not all people are sensible, thinking people able to understand evidence. If monkeypox continues to be a "thing", which looks likely, then those most at risk may need to be vaccinated. Exactly who is "most at risk" will probably change over time. At the moment if you are staying far enough away from people to avoid covid or the flu, you are undoubtedly safe from monkeypox.

The TV (and other MSM) has not said it "only affects homosexuals". They reported on data which is that at present it is mainly cropping up within the promiscuous male homosexual subculture. Those who aren't promiscuous are unlikely to catch it.

MSM gets criticised for targeting the lowest common denominator but has to because not all people have a reading ability above that level and they have important messages to get across. MSM does a pretty good job of interpreting and simplifying complex information plus relaying expert opinion (ie from those who actually know stuff). Those who want to learn more can do their own PubMed and Google Scholar searches to read the sources of the information.