Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The USA is in a mess since Trump left...
Doesnt matter what you think of Trump, but they are learning fast over there that what they replaced him with is much, much worse...
The woke brigade got their vice president who was only chosen because she is black and is a woman. What skills or experience does Kamala even have?
Bidens approval dropping worse than Trumps, they have reversed his policy regarding the mexican border, and 250,000 illegal immigrants have entered the US since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA8mRJJpVEE

Then we have Hunter Biden doing drugs and nothing is done...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj9V-XjCol8

And Kamala doesnt give a shit about fuel prices and just laughs it off, even Jacinda cant go that low and has actually given us some relief at the pump...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wh9Q9JjHIY

Democrats walking away from the sinking ship...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mqUitUZHg

I could see all this coming when Trump lost the election...
No surprises here when you have an incapable president with an incapable team. The USA is run by clowns with their leader who has dementia.
America has always been a mess, but hey at least there are no allegations of cosying up to Russia...

Now it was a meme apparently "somebody google how to make gas at home" - Kamala was saying "don't do that" - I took it as more of a nervous chuckle at the potential for disaster - I can't even imagine how that was spun into "Kamala LAUGHS at Americans Struggling To Pay for Expensive Gas"

Maybe if I was a Conspiracy theorist. You gotta stop watching that stuff CT

it was from Blaze TV? are they known for CT stuff?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
It never ceases to amaze, the number of people who strongly object to any women having a position of even a little power, & more especially if she also happens to ne non white.

As for Trump, the man's a disaster & single handedly has managed to worsen the dire situation in America.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Found one of CT's magazines...

[Image: Screenshot_20220710-215849_Instagram.jpg...ec73e8.jpg]
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(12-07-2022, 07:20 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Found one of CT's magazines...

Priceless! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-07-2022, 07:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 07:20 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Found one of CT's magazines...

Priceless! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
No it's not. Bottom LH corner $2.99US / $3.95 Canada Wink
The old 'Biden has dementia' line? Good gods, I thought that one died when he was elected.

Obviously a bit short on US history if you don't know presidential dementia is one challenge the bureaucracy has dealt with before, quite successfully, on at least two occasions. The last one relatively recently...
I would have thought Donald Trump's patently obvious psychiatric disorders was a far greater problem

(12-07-2022, 02:57 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It never ceases to amaze, the number of people who strongly object to any women having a position of even a little power, & more especially if she also happens to ne non white.

As for Trump, the man's a disaster & single handedly has managed to worsen the dire situation in America.
I dont have anything against a woman as president, nor colour or sexual orientation.

The issue I have is why they are deliberately selecting such ones to support an agenda.
All i care about (and everyone else should agree) is how qualified such a person is to stand in such a position.

As for Trump, I know alot dont like him, but I fail to see why, it looks like the republicans are getting more popular again and Trump wants to stand in again at the next election.

Tell me one thing that Trump did that was so damaging to the country?
He did so much good, slapped tariffs on all the junk coming in china, reopened their steel mills that were mothballed and built the wall to secure the mexico border, i have a couple of friends in the US and they said that Trump was extremely popular there and that their media was portraying him much more positive than what we see in NZ media.
(13-07-2022, 12:19 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 02:57 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It never ceases to amaze, the number of people who strongly object to any women having a position of even a little power, & more especially if she also happens to ne non white.

I dont have anything against a woman as president, nor colour or sexual orientation.

The issue I have is why they are deliberately selecting such ones to support an agenda.
All i care about (and everyone else should agree) is how qualified such a person is to stand in such a position.

As for Trump, I know alot dont like him, but I fail to see why, it looks like the republicans are getting more popular again and Trump wants to stand in again at the next election.

He did so much good, slapped tariffs on all the junk coming in china, reopened their steel mills that were mothballed and built the wall to secure the mexico border, i have a couple of friends in the US and they said that Trump was extremely popular there and that their media was portraying him much more positive than what we see in NZ media.
In economics tariffs are generally accepted to be bad for economic growth, allowing industries to become inefficient etc...

and on the other topic, Christopher Luxon just said yesterday, 
Quote:He was focussing on getting a diverse list of candidates at the next election, adding that his business experience had proven that diversity brings "richer thinking".
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...esult.html
Not seeing much selection on qualification for the job there either...  I don't think you can consider qualifications without diversity these days.

(13-07-2022, 12:19 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

And how many women have risen to positions of even a little power without selection? How many people of colour have risen to a position of even a little power without selection? Rolleyes

The answer to both is a mere handful & the world has continued to be largely run by predominantly wealthy men for men who are also relatively wealthy. And some of them do seem awfully keen on having wars quite often. And not bothering so much about education & health - unless they can make a profit from them, obviously.
That has been their 'agenda' for centuries in one form or another, so perhaps  what you see as an 'agenda' is in fact large numbers of people being sick & tired of the unfairness of the system & trying to change it a little, if only very, very slowly.

As to Trump, he was divisive, has no clue about environmental damage, didn't mind removing children from their parents & locking them in cages after they'd tried to enter the USA across the border, is deeply sexist & racist & has severely damaged America's once good reputation. The man's a buffoon with probable psychiatric issues.
Wink 
Seems like an appropriate place for this completely unbiased opinion piece...

(13-07-2022, 01:02 PM)king1 Wrote:
(13-07-2022, 12:19 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I dont have anything against a woman as president, nor colour or sexual orientation.

In economics tariffs are generally accepted to be bad for economic growth, allowing industries to become inefficient etc...

Quote:He was focussing on getting a diverse list of candidates at the next election, adding that his business experience had proven that diversity brings "richer thinking".
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...esult.html
Not seeing much selection on qualification for the job there either...  I don't think you can consider qualifications without diversity these days.

The thing about tariffs, etc is that it may hurt in the short term, but long term it will pay off, we all have gotten ourselves in a downward sipral by shutting down industry and importing stuff, since money is leaving the country on imports, we have no option than to make more exports.
We all need self sustaining economys that put the money back in our hands, exports should be excess to what we need and only import what we are incapable of producing here.
The west is way too dependent on china right now.

I get sick of hearing about diversity in elections, of course a good mix is fine, but at least bring in people who are qualified to do the job, if they cant find enough woman, is that really an issue? Generally there has been a good amount of male/female and LGBT in parliament over the years, but lets hold them to account and point out any weakness.
(14-07-2022, 12:09 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I get sick of hearing about diversity in elections, of course a good mix is fine, but at least bring in people who are qualified to do the job, if they cant find enough woman, is that really an issue? Generally there has been a good amount of male/female and LGBT in parliament over the years, but lets hold them to account and point out any weakness.

This.
(14-07-2022, 12:09 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(13-07-2022, 01:02 PM)king1 Wrote: In economics tariffs are generally accepted to be bad for economic growth, allowing industries to become inefficient etc...

The thing about tariffs, etc is that it may hurt in the short term, but long term it will pay off, we all have gotten ourselves in a downward sipral by shutting down industry and importing stuff, since money is leaving the country on imports, we have no option than to make more exports.
We all need self sustaining economys that put the money back in our hands, exports should be excess to what we need and only import what we are incapable of producing here.
The west is way too dependent on china right now.

I get sick of hearing about diversity in elections, of course a good mix is fine, but at least bring in people who are qualified to do the job, if they cant find enough woman, is that really an issue? Generally there has been a good amount of male/female and LGBT in parliament over the years, but lets hold them to account and point out any weakness.
WomAn=ONE woman, womEn= More than one - exactly as for mAn, mEn.It isn't difficult.

The thing is that those who claim they don't mind diversity & just want people who are qualified are often the same people who tend to complain whenever any woman or person of colour is put in place, regardless of any qualifications or experience.
Kamala Harris is often complained about despite her experience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris

"A member of the Democratic Party, she previously served as the attorney general of California from 2011 to 2017 and as a United States senator representing California from 2017 to 2021.

Born in Oakland, California, Harris graduated from Howard University and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. She began her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, before being recruited to the San Francisco District Attorney's Office and later the City Attorney of San Francisco's office. In 2003, she was elected district attorney of San Francisco. She was elected Attorney General of California in 2010 and re-elected in 2014. Harris served as the junior United States senator from California from 2017 to 2021." 
I'd like to know what is the qualification required to be vice president?
I suspect it doesn't exist and as such is subjective and subject to personal bias

(14-07-2022, 05:18 PM)king1 Wrote: I'd like to know what is the qualification required to be vice president?
I suspect it doesn't exist and as such is subjective and subject to personal bias
Exactly - AFAIK, there aren't any formal qualifications which make anyone fitting to be a politician.
Mind you, I tend to agree with Mark Twain when it comes to politicians.

"The desire to become a politician should be sufficient to warrant being banned from ever doing so for life."
Mark T
wain