Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China's brutal lockdowns...
Best thing ever to happen to China, obviously they have been unsuccessful to eradicate covid, but they are seeing a breakdown of society as the public are getting pissed off with their restrictions.
Now they are mandating vaccines for the first time, lets see how that plays out.

This might be the beginning of the fall of the CCP dictatorship.

doubt it - vaccine mandates are sometimes necessary, many countries have done so and it wasn't the end of the world...
Plus China have something like over three million in the military, i'm sure they will be able to keep the peasants in line...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
What is a life worth?

It is a question that has so many possible answers. I hesitate to criticise anyone who is determined to save lives, even China.
(12-07-2022, 01:58 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: What is a life worth?

It is a question that has so many possible answers. I hesitate to criticise anyone who is determined to save lives, even China.
A life will be worth a lot less in China I suspect, but I agree, hard to argue with anyone who is determined to save lives...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The CCP's real problem and that of Xi Jinping as its figurehead is that this omnipotent entity has run into something that it cannot control, despite what their lockdowns and other draconian measures would like to have you believe. As a state whose very existence relies on control of its population this presents a real problem. Now that the CCP has embarked on its (impossible to attain) zero COVID strategy it is in a no win situation.

Omicron variant BA.5 is evolving aided by infections in people pre-infected with earlier strains and/or who have received by a no longer effective vaccination so it is winning the race against our efforts to stem its spread. While in the environment that those sufferers present it with it 'learns' to evade our natural or medication imparted immune responses and on it goes to the next human all the stronger and more capable of infection as a result.

China's efforts towards 'zero COVID' are doomed to failure as the virus gains strength against any control measures. Even if absolute isolation of the population's individuals was possible, which it's not, China would have to permanently close its borders to all and any travellers which effectively kills any hopes of trade or indeed direct contact with the world totally. Not possible!

Therefore as there doesn't appear to be an end game for their present strategy it will fail and in doing so the CCP will be shown to be fallible. This is essentially a 'loss of face' is probably the most feared situation that any Chinese person or entity can envisage and in the case of the leadership of a country such as China could lead to the fracturing of it as a single state.

So all in all we're witnessing a no win situation unfolding here and one that will have widespread fallout on an international basis.

The importance of the hold on power that the CCP must maintain in order for China to keep functioning in its present form is well described in this series (3 of) documentaries:

I would say that more chinese people have died from things such as suicide or lack of healthcare as a result of the covid situation than what any lockdowns have saved from covid.
(14-07-2022, 12:02 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

I would say that more chinese people have died from things such as suicide or lack of healthcare as a result of the covid situation than what any lockdowns have saved from covid.
You "saying" something is absolutely meaningless. Support your claims with reputable links.
Anyone hopeful of the end of the CCP any time soon is obviously a little short of understanding of the history of this massive Asian powerhouse.

Well with all the associated suicides there,. I doubt it is making any impact.
But China only care about human lives when it suits their agenda of the CCP.

Look at the time they dropped the one child policy, only something they did when they realised they had an aging population and a gender imbalance, then they were happy to pump out babies, they want more people for their army, so its their plan for taking over the world.