Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57% of kiwis want unvaxxed nurses to return...
Thumbs Up 
Good to see that a good majority of kiwis have common sense and can see the mandates are now a joke.

The vaccine doesnt work, covid has long since mutated and many nurses dont want any more boosters for various reasons, not limited to some of them suffering side effects or not feeling well after their last shot.
Most of these nurses have had covid already and hence have natural immunity which is even better anyway.
Our health system is at breaking point and we need all the nurses we can get.
Bring them back!
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...risis.html
(14-07-2022, 12:00 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Good to see that a good majority of kiwis have common sense and can see the mandates are now a joke.

The vaccine doesnt work, covid has long since mutated and many nurses dont want any more boosters for various reasons, not limited to some of them suffering side effects or not feeling well after their last shot.
Most of these nurses have had covid already and hence have natural immunity which is even better anyway.
Our health system is at breaking point and we need all the nurses we can get.
Bring them back!
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...risis.html
Not sure I would be trusting that poll, i've never heard of Yabble before and they don't seem to be a polling company.

Not releasing the number of people polled is a huge red flag,  also the makeup of the people that were polled, whether it was a random sample of NZ population or a specific subset...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
What a load of twaddle.

Consider this - the percentage of kiwis now vaccinated is around mid 90%. Why would half of those accept unvaccinated health workers let alone 'want' them? It is simply illogical.

Secondly, we are now entering a very dangerous phase of the pandemic. Again, why would anyone with half an ounce of commonsense 'want' unvaccinated health workers?

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coron...w-zealand/

Unless of course such people have a very unusual agenda? Like encouraging mass death...
Well assuming it is these folks
https://yabblezone.com/

then I would think it is safe to assume the sample population can't be random... 

for one it will exclude non techo folks, less likely to blindly follow conspiracies, more likely to follow the government health advice.

(14-07-2022, 09:03 AM)king1 Wrote: Well assuming it is these folks

then I would think it is safe to assume the sample population can't be random... 

for one it will exclude non techo folks, less likely to blindly follow conspiracies, more likely to follow the government health advice.

Thanks for the link. I agree.
I had a recent email customer survey from what was portrayed as a legitimate company that I deal with but decided that no way was I going to click on a link in an email that was called "Yabble" and hit delete instead. Even accepting the trend for "modern" (ie silly) names and the fact that it must be hard to come up with something original, I'm afraid "Yabble" just doesn't do it for me.

Regarding the issue of nurse vaccination, the baseline for nursing is evidence-based practice. Those nurses who refused to get vaccinated have shown their disregard for evidence, or their inability to understand it. Either way, the health sector is safer without them. Think of the ramifications if we had even more transmission from or within the health workforce. When nurses become patients and take up bed space needed by their patients. No, sorry, I disagree that we should allow unvaccinated healthcare workers. And I don't accept that a dodgy survey among laymen should influence the decision-making.

CT, we've been over this multiple times and you still come up with the same misunderstanding that you demonstrated at the start. Please read some evidence and forget the general internet crap that you are looking at. It is misinformation. It is disinformation. It is wrong. The actual research and evidence moves so fast that even the experts* struggle to keep up with the impacts of the new variants and the implications of the consequent new understanding of how viruses work. How do you expect the average fringe internet site to know more?

*ie the real experts who did a decade of advanced education followed by a lifetime's work in their specialty. Those who understand how the body works and the impacts of viruses, disease and immunisation. Those who DO know as much as can be known  in an ever-changing world.
But hey, we ALL know universities and other higher education institutions are hotbeds of leftist brainwashing and they and their inmates are to be avoided at all costs. On account of the danger of contagion.

In fact, folk even walking past the gates ought to be fully masked up, if not wearing full PPE...
So the majority have the sense not to want them back unvaccinated then, which is heartening.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(14-07-2022, 09:57 AM)SueDonim Wrote:

I had a recent email customer survey from what was portrayed as a legitimate company that I deal with but decided that no way was I going to click on a link in an email that was called "Yabble" and hit delete instead. Even accepting the trend for "modern" (ie silly) names and the fact that it must be hard to come up with something original, I'm afraid "Yabble" just doesn't do it for me.

Regarding the issue of nurse vaccination, the baseline for nursing is evidence-based practice. Those nurses who refused to get vaccinated have shown their disregard for evidence, or their inability to understand it. Either way, the health sector is safer without them. Think of the ramifications if we had even more transmission from or within the health workforce. When nurses become patients and take up bed space needed by their patients. No, sorry, I disagree that we should allow unvaccinated healthcare workers. And I don't accept that a dodgy survey among laymen should influence the decision-making.
The other issue is that *those* nurses will be in a position of authority/power and might start peddling some of their nonsense to patients...

Wink 
(14-07-2022, 10:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: But hey, we ALL know universities and other higher education institutions are hotbeds of leftist brainwashing and they and their inmates are to be avoided at all costs. On account of the danger of contagion.

In fact, folk even walking past the gates ought to be fully masked up, if not wearing full PPE...
thank god we don't have any of those leftist nut jobs here!

(14-07-2022, 05:29 PM)king1 Wrote:
(14-07-2022, 10:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: But hey, we ALL know universities and other higher education institutions are hotbeds of leftist brainwashing and they and their inmates are to be avoided at all costs. On account of the danger of contagion.

thank god we don't have any of those leftist nut jobs here!
Yeah - really lucky that, eh. Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Interesting though that the death rates are predominantly represented by over 65 fully vaxed which is sad as there are oldies out there that have had it and are unvaxed and survived
(15-07-2022, 12:23 PM)undercoverhippycop Wrote: Interesting though that the death rates are predominantly represented by over 65 fully vaxed which is sad as there are oldies out there that have had it and are unvaxed and survived
i'm quite sure there are plenty of unvaxxed over 65's that have died as well... One or two "interesting" cases is meaningless - statistics based on large numbers is meaningful...

(14-07-2022, 08:50 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: What a load of twaddle.

Consider this - the percentage of kiwis now vaccinated is around mid 90%. Why would half of those accept unvaccinated health workers let alone 'want' them? It is simply illogical.

Secondly, we are now entering a very dangerous phase of the pandemic. Again, why would anyone with half an ounce of commonsense 'want' unvaccinated health workers?

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coron...w-zealand/

Unless of course such people have a very unusual agenda? Like encouraging mass death...

Yes very dangerous indeed, people dropping like flies...

Please tell me how many unvaxxed have died "with" covid vs fully vaxxed?
Perhaps the OIA can get us that data.

Is it fair to force jabs on to these nurses who clearly dont want any more jabs after suffering side effects?

Whats wrong with RAT testing everyone before coming in to work? Wouldnt that be more effective, since both vaxxed and unvaxxed can still spread it?

The vaccine does jack shit to protect anyone, i know many people where they spread it to their whole household, and all were fully vaxxed, it obviously did nothing.

When will everybody wake up and realise the cold hard truth that the virus has evaded the immunity that the vaccine provided long ago.
Thats the whole point of natural selection isint it? Viruses evolve rapidly.

Still waiting for that updated pfizer shot.
I think Moderna have a revised one now, but we dont have that yet in NZ,but at best its only going to give you an omicron immune response anyway.

(14-07-2022, 09:57 AM)SueDonim Wrote:

CT, we've been over this multiple times and you still come up with the same misunderstanding that you demonstrated at the start. Please read some evidence and forget the general internet crap that you are looking at. It is misinformation. It is disinformation. It is wrong. The actual research and evidence moves so fast that even the experts* struggle to keep up with the impacts of the new variants and the implications of the consequent new understanding of how viruses work. How do you expect the average fringe internet site to know more?

*ie the real experts who did a decade of advanced education followed by a lifetime's work in their specialty. Those who understand how the body works and the impacts of viruses, disease and immunisation. Those who DO know as much as can be known  in an ever-changing world.

If a nurse has caught covid, whether previously vaxxed or not, they have better immunity than anyone who has received any form of vaccine or booster.

Thats fact, its pure basic science. A natural immune response to omicron or any of its subvariants is hands down a million times better than an immune response from a vaccine designed for the alpha strain, period.

You still are not considering the nurses who had their jabs but dont want boosters after suffering side effects, they are still forced to have another shot and David Seymour also agrees.

Yes indeed, the same students that praise abortion, but want guns banned.

So much for respect of human lives, the hypocrisy is appalling.
(18-07-2022, 02:21 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

Yes indeed, the same students that praise abortion, but want guns banned.

Oh ffs! NO ONE 'praises abortion'. Angry
Most of us have the sense to comprehend that it has to be an option for those who need it. Although of course we could do things differently - & perhaps make male masturbation illegal on the grounds that 'it wastes life.'  The idiots who claim to be 'pro life' are conspicuous by their absence once birth takes place & there's an actual fully formed human needing care & attention.
Its the nurses union who have stated they don't want unvaxed nurses back.

Interesting as to who holds the ramsom card
(18-07-2022, 04:23 PM)Orthelia Wrote: Its the nurses union who have stated they don't want unvaxed nurses back.

Pretty sure the nurses union are just applying government policy...

I also see there is a new exemption available for nurses now, if you go get yourself infected with covid you can practice for 100 days...
https://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Public...urses.aspx

(18-07-2022, 02:43 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(18-07-2022, 02:21 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Yes indeed, the same students that praise abortion, but want guns banned.

Oh ffs! NO ONE 'praises abortion'. Angry
Most of us have the sense to comprehend that it has to be an option for those who need it. Although of course we could do things differently - & perhaps make male masturbation illegal on the grounds that 'it wastes life.'  The idiots who claim to be 'pro life' are conspicuous by their absence once birth takes place & there's an actual fully formed human needing care & attention.

Watch Jacinda's Harvard speech and they all clap as a response to her quoting "we have "legalized" abortion" They were cheering her on, seemed pretty happy about her remarks.

(18-07-2022, 04:33 PM)king1 Wrote:
(18-07-2022, 04:23 PM)Orthelia Wrote: Its the nurses union who have stated they don't want unvaxed nurses back.

Pretty sure the nurses union are just applying government policy...

I also see there is a new exemption available for nurses now, if you go get yourself infected with covid you can practice for 100 days...
Likely is govt policy, but they could at least pressure the govt to relax things, there is a surprising amount of unvaxxed nurses out there. But at least they have made some progress.
Police and military got exemptions, so so should other areas, such as fire and emergency.
Up north, the Kawakawa fire station has had to close due to most of their staff being unvaxxed, so that means a much longer delay to attending a fire call out.
I couldnt care less if the firefighter had covid who was called out to put out my fire.
(20-07-2022, 01:03 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(18-07-2022, 02:43 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh ffs! NO ONE 'praises abortion'. Angry

Watch Jacinda's Harvard speech and they all clap as a response to her quoting "we have "legalized" abortion" They were cheering her on, seemed pretty happy about her remarks.

(18-07-2022, 04:33 PM)king1 Wrote: Pretty sure the nurses union are just applying government policy...

Likely is govt policy, but they could at least pressure the govt to relax things, there is a surprising amount of unvaxxed nurses out there. But at least they have made some progress.
Police and military got exemptions, so so should other areas, such as fire and emergency.
Up north, the Kawakawa fire station has had to close due to most of their staff being unvaxxed, so that means a much longer delay to attending a fire call out.
I couldnt care less if the firefighter had covid who was called out to put out my fire.

YES & that is because they have the excellent sense to comprehend that abortion is a very necessary option.

That isn't, as you try to claim 'praising abortion' but acknowledging that our govt has had the sense to recognise the need & legalise it. Rolleyes Rolleyes
To say the vaccine doesn't work is inaccurate, and needs context.

Sure, the vaccine isn't what we'd hoped for. It doesn't completely prevent infection, but neither does our seasonale flu vaccine (although it does lower infection rates significantly). Actually no vaccine prevents infection completely.

Regardless, the vaccines are VERY good at preventing serious illness, even years after vaccination according to numerous studies. Our death rates due to covid would be many times higher if not for the vaccine.

In saying that... I was a big advocate for the vaccine mandates, but with current covid strains it looks like the vaccines don't do much to stop infection. For that reason I'm not entirely sure any of the current mandates need to be upheld...