Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No mask - no entry, what a load of bollocks!
Tongue 
Anyone else notice the number of shops with signs out saying "no mask, no entry", but none of the staff inside are wearing any masks?
I reluctantly put on my face nappy when entering such a store last week, only to find they were not wearing theirs, so I immediately took it off in front of them.

Many shops staff (along with their customers) quite often can be seen wearing them below their nose alot of the time ive observed.

Just shows no one wants to wear the damn things, and rightly so, I would quit my job if I had to wear one of those inside all day.

Its disgusting going through the McDonalds Drive thru and seeing them fiddling with their sweaty masks before handing you your food!
You haven't read the article on Stuff this morning about the latest research on the long term effects of multiple covid infections then? If anything was designed to foster and encourage the use of masks by those who can use them , that is it.

In fact, I would go so far as to suggest those who CHOOSE not to are among the most ignorant, most selfish human beings in our community. They certainly have no care for their fellow citizens.
(18-07-2022, 01:45 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You haven't read the article on Stuff this morning about the latest research on the long term effects of multiple covid infections then? If anything was designed to foster and encourage the use of masks by those who can use them , that is it.

In fact, I would go so far as to suggest those who CHOOSE not to are among the most ignorant, most selfish human beings in our community. They certainly have no care for their fellow citizens.
More fearmongering by the media i guess?
you talking about this non peer reviewed study?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/30063779...ovid-again
I love it how its OK to use such studies in the "FOR" camp, but anyone using non peer reviewed studies against mandates, vaccines, etc gets slammed!

Seems we are all screwed then, because we are all going to get covid, vaxxed or not.

Ive already had covid and feel fine. Yet I know several people with long lasting side effects from the jab.
I will be wearing mine with the hope of staving off whichever virus is in the running right now, I am waiting for a heart op and I dont want anything to get in the way of it thanks very much.
C_T_Russell you do whatever you would like to do but please in no way feel selfish for perhaps giving the virus (if you have it) to someone who could be compromised by it. Just carry on and feel no guilt.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(18-07-2022, 02:29 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I will be wearing mine with the hope of staving off whichever virus is in the running right now, I am waiting for a heart op and I dont want anything to get in the way of it thanks very much.
C_T_Russell you do whatever you would like to do but please in no way feel selfish for perhaps giving the virus (if you have it) to someone who could be compromised by it. Just carry on and feel no guilt.
Selfish?
Im just pointing out hypocrisy.
Shops asking for masks to be worn, but their staff wont wear them, or wear them correctly?
(18-07-2022, 02:32 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(18-07-2022, 02:29 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I will be wearing mine with the hope of staving off whichever virus is in the running right now, I am waiting for a heart op and I dont want anything to get in the way of it thanks very much.
Selfish?
Shops asking for masks to be worn, but their staff wont wear them, or wear them correctly?
It is not hypocrisy when people are not following the rules...  It is people not following rules - which introduces issues of compliance and enforcement.  Doesn't excuse one's own behaviour...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Mask wearing is a choice. Informed by research and science, or bias and attitude. Pick one.
(18-07-2022, 02:50 PM)king1 Wrote:
(18-07-2022, 02:32 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Selfish?
It is not hypocrisy when people are not following the rules...  It is people not following rules - which introduces issues of compliance and enforcement.  Doesn't excuse one's own behaviour...
Well in this case, its the staff and/or the owners not following their own "rules"! Tongue