Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armed citizen shoots down mass shooter
Thumbs Up 
Great job! He was able to take down the shooter before cops could get there...

Authorities say the person who shot five people at a suburban Indianapolis shopping mall, killing three of them, before a shopper shot and killed him was a 20-year-old local man.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/07/19/polic...-attacker/
Imagine the carnage when every armed fool in the vicinity lets fly at what he thinks is a threat...
I do have other cameras!
I tend to agree with Praktica on this - one person might have saved a few lives but you can't help feeling a bit worried for some poor bastard who gets in the way
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Sorry Your Honour, I thought there was imminent danger..
(20-07-2022, 08:06 AM)Praktica Wrote: Imagine the carnage when every armed fool in the vicinity lets fly at what he thinks is a threat...
Thankfully, its not much of an issue from what i can tell, or else we would be hearing alot of such incidents.
Most gun owners over there are largely responsible.
(20-07-2022, 10:08 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Sorry Your Honour, I thought there was imminent danger..
Just fabulous - every nitwit carrying a gun at all times, 'just in case'. What could possibly go wrong... Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(20-07-2022, 12:45 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(20-07-2022, 08:06 AM)Praktica Wrote: Imagine the carnage when every armed fool in the vicinity lets fly at what he thinks is a threat...
Thankfully, its not much of an issue from what i can tell, or else we would be hearing alot of such incidents.
I don't see too many responsible gun owners in the media...

(20-07-2022, 02:31 PM)king1 Wrote:
(20-07-2022, 12:45 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Thankfully, its not much of an issue from what i can tell, or else we would be hearing alot of such incidents.
I don't see too many responsible gun owners in the media...

You tend to just see the irresponsible ones in the media. The responsible ones don't create news.

If you do some research on the differing state laws in the US and the gun crime rates, you will find little or no correlation between how tight or liberal the laws are and the danger to the public. What you will find is that some of the safest places are those with concealed carry. Everyone knows that anyone may be armed and the weirdos are less likely to let rip.
(20-07-2022, 03:03 PM)SueDonim Wrote:
(20-07-2022, 02:31 PM)king1 Wrote: I don't see too many responsible gun owners in the media...

You tend to just see the irresponsible ones in the media. The responsible ones don't create news.

If you do some research on the differing state laws in the US and the gun crime rates, you will find little or no correlation between how tight or liberal the laws are and the danger to the public. What you will find is that some of the safest places are those with concealed carry. Everyone knows that anyone may be armed and the weirdos are less likely to let rip.
The only flaw I see with the argument is that the weirdos are usually intent on going out in a hail of bullets - i'm not sure too many of them expect to survive, or whether it ends up as suicide by cop or otherwise

It isn't about the guns. It is about the culture.
There will be a movie made about this - although there will be a lot more carnage and heaps more bullets.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society