Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Russia to cut gas supply to Europe
That's likely to cause problems especially in winter. What an utter bastard Putin is.
Angry Dodgy

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62291458

[b]"Russian energy giant Gazprom says it will once again drastically cut gas supplies to the EU through its main pipeline due to maintenance work.[/b]
Gazprom said stopping another turbine at the Nord Stream 1 pipeline would cut daily gas production to 20%, halving the current level of supply.
The German government said there was no technical reason to limit gas supply.
It is likely to make it more difficult for EU countries to replenish their stores of gas before winter.

European Commission President, Ursula von der Leyen, has said the prospect of Russia cutting off all supplies to the EU is a "likely scenario".

On Tuesday energy ministers will meet in Brussels in an attempt to sign off the plans.

Wholesale gas prices have soared since Russia invaded Ukraine in February, with a knock-on impact on consumer energy bills.

Reacting to Gazprom's announcement, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said this was "an overt gas war that Russia is waging against a united Europe - this is exactly how it should be perceived".
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Desperation setting in for Putin, the west just need to pull the plug and stop buying it off them... I know logistically, with winter coming up for them it is a problem, but you just can't give in to these nutters...

Maybe NATO should annex Siberia - that should sort the problem
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(26-07-2022, 06:28 PM)king1 Wrote: Desperation setting in for Putin, the west just need to pull the plug and stop buying it off them... I know logistically, with winter coming up for them it is a problem, but you just can't give in to these nutters...

Maybe NATO should annex Siberia - that should sort the problem
Well - it would certainly be interesting! Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Let's reverse this. The Russians got ripped off in 1867 when the USA purchased Alaska for only $7.2 million. Those stupid Romanovs were gullible. Putin might want it all back!
(26-07-2022, 03:35 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: That's likely to cause problems especially in winter. What an utter bastard Putin is.
Angry Dodgy

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62291458

[b]"Russian energy giant Gazprom says it will once again drastically cut gas supplies to the EU through its main pipeline due to maintenance work.[/b]
Gazprom said stopping another turbine at the Nord Stream 1 pipeline would cut daily gas production to 20%, halving the current level of supply.
The German government said there was no technical reason to limit gas supply.
It is likely to make it more difficult for EU countries to replenish their stores of gas before winter.

European Commission President, Ursula von der Leyen, has said the prospect of Russia cutting off all supplies to the EU is a "likely scenario".

On Tuesday energy ministers will meet in Brussels in an attempt to sign off the plans.

Wholesale gas prices have soared since Russia invaded Ukraine in February, with a knock-on impact on consumer energy bills.

Reacting to Gazprom's announcement, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said this was "an overt gas war that Russia is waging against a united Europe - this is exactly how it should be perceived".
TBH, isint this the whole point of the sanctions to begin with?
I know it would hurt europe, but the whole point was to stop putin selling their gas to begin with?
That was supposed to be the reason that the gas pipeline construction was halted. It appears they were still selling gas to europe because they were still dependent on it.
It would have been better if they just stopped buying gas from the start when it was summer, the whole war is just going to get dragged out longer...
I think Putin actually wants all of, or almost all of, Ukraine under Russian rule.
(27-07-2022, 12:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think Putin actually wants all of, or almost all of, Ukraine under Russian rule.
Well I think he has bitten off more than what he could chew with that one!
(29-07-2022, 09:25 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(27-07-2022, 12:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think Putin actually wants all of, or almost all of, Ukraine under Russian rule.
Well I think he has bitten off more than what he could chew with that one!
Me too, but I'm not sure he does, I think he might just keep going. It may depend on how much of a fight the Ukrainians  can put up - & no other countries are keen to be drawn into it if they can help under the table while claiming to be as neutral as possible.