Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trade Me purchase not arrived by Post
For the second time, a mailed purchase has not arrived.  I bought a postcard on Trade Me. As it was only $1 and the trader didn't offer delivery options other than NZ Post standard mail (yes, I could have asked but, as stated, it was a $1 postcard so that's what I chose). 

Two weeks later, it hasn't arrived. The seller said he sent it.  How long is the delivery time  for NZ Post mail at present? I have looked on their website but could only find info about parcels.  It's almost as though NZ Post doesn't want to be involved in standard mail delivery any more. 

Not really interested in filling in a missing mail form because it's low value. I'm going to email the seller to check he sent it to the correct address but I'm just disappointed and no more untracked mail for me.
Standard mail? I thought everything was tracked these days, but of course letters are still being sent, my seed purchases often come in stamped envelopes. And get thoroughly wetted in our appalling cheapskate corporate letterboxes. I haven't lost anything through post though, although a few things have gone into the wrong boxes and been hand delivered days later. I suspect a postcard might suffer that fate.
You can ask NZ Post to look for it, and they'll probably pretend to do so. There's still a chance it will arrive, but not looking promising given the timeframe. Saying that, did post a birthday card recently that took three weeks to go a four hour drive away, so it's not a unique case!

As a seller, I'd typically refund the buyer if it went missing but that's just me and my dumb morals. Private sellers can do as they please, but if in-trade then they have refund, don't they?
I think NZ Post is suffering badly overall from staff shortages. I'm currently trying to get information about a parcel that has been at the depot for five days awaiting the local courier, and I'm getting nowhere. They are not updating on social media, and there seems to be no way of contacting them direct.

Does anyone know a way of making an enquiry?
They've been pretty quick to respond when I've used the contact form on the website of late. The socials responses never seemed very helpful with lots of "we'll get back to you."

And when you're getting nowhere, an email to the CEO David Walsh will get everything dealt with very quickly by the executive complaints department...
Last week I received a letter from NZ Post "Hi there, We hope you're having a great day, and thanks for opening this NZ Post Tracked Letter." Blah blah etc etc "we know how well we're achieving on our target of delivering letters within 3 working days." Later near the bottom of the page:-
"...any feedback please email us on ncp support@nzpost.co.nz"

Three months ago I lodged a complaint after having two signature required articles dropped beside the footpath where any passerby could have picked these up (a fortnight apart)
'Hi Don

Thank you for contacting CourierPost regarding the standard service of our courier.

We sincerely apologise for this incident.

A non-compliance complaint has been lodged against our courier. Our Fleet team will investigate this and contact you to discuss this further.

You are welcome to reply to this email if you need more information and we will do our best to help you any way we can.

Our Customer Care Centre operates Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm and Saturdays from 8am to 12pm.

Kind regards,

Tiare
Customer Care Representative
Customer Care Centre'
He did come around to apologize.
Two years ago in December I had at least 10 letters and parcels left in my letter box that were not mine. One was two suburbs away, but they got them by special delivery (me).
In Christchurch late 1970s I did an extramural diploma at Massey University. I could post an assignment around 10 pm at the Square Post Office. Received at Massey University in Palmerston North the next day for the assignment's deadline. Good old airmail! The good old days.