Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarke Gayford got a payout from NZME
NZME admitted to spreading "baseless lies" about him.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/live-updates/29...eless-lies
I do have other cameras!
A timely lesson for the likes of those distributing information to the masses including online platforms and those MSM entities that flippantly quote FB and other such content as public comment.
Good to see the lies & those peddling them sorted. It might be something which gives others, in particular those posting such spiteful nonsense on other forums, cause to think again before spreading total bollocks.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Good to see the lies & those peddling them sorted. It might be something which gives others, in particular those posting such spiteful nonsense on other forums, cause to think again before spreading total bollocks.
A lawyer's letter to the admin would work wonders.
I do have other cameras!
(29-07-2022, 07:46 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(29-07-2022, 07:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Good to see the lies & those peddling them sorted. It might be something which gives others, in particular those posting such spiteful nonsense on other forums, cause to think again before spreading total bollocks.
A lawyer's letter to the admin would work wonders.
That might be what it takes - some of it is fairly nasty stuff.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I see from Twitter that the lawyer that handled Clarke's case has offered her expertise to others in need of such legal action. Siouxsie Wiles has shown interest in this and all power to her/them to deal with the absolutely vile comments and journalism she has had to endure during the COVID period.
(30-07-2022, 12:38 PM)harm_less Wrote: I see from Twitter that the lawyer that handled Clarke's case has offered her expertise to others in need of such legal action. Siouxsie Wiles has shown interest in this and all power to her/them to deal with the absolutely vile comments and journalism she has had to endure during the COVID period.
That would be a good move. Smile
I didn't come cross any of it but apparently some comments about her were well OTT.