Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Microsoft Edge browser problem
I have been using Microsoft Edge browser for some time and have been able to use multiple tabs until now. I don't know what I may have done but now I can only open one tab at a time. I am hoping that someone can tell me how I can turn on multiple tabs again.

Thanks for your help.
afaik you can't disable having multiple tabs...

What happens when you click the new tab button on the right of the tabs? ie the + symbol
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
just in case it's an ALT TAB problem this will be relevant
https://www.krisvandermast.com/post/2022...ndows.html

Thank you, Kingi. When you said that I can't close multiple tabs, I thought that they have to be somewhere and so I went looking and noticed some icons to the left of the screen so I clicked on one of those and found the multiple tabs. Somehow I had done something to make them appear on the side. Silly of me.

Thank you Kingi. You pointed me in the right direction and now everything in the browser is working as it should.

But now I have another small problem. In FB all the posts that I normally see in the centre of the screen have disappeared. Hopefully you are able to help me with that as well.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciated.
(17-02-2023, 08:49 AM)Roscoe Wrote: Thank you, Kingi. When you said that I can't close multiple tabs, I thought that they have to be somewhere and so I went looking and noticed some icons to the left of the screen so I clicked on one of those and found the multiple tabs. Somehow I had done something to make them appear on the side. Silly of me.

Thank you Kingi. You pointed me in the right direction and now everything in the browser is working as it should.

But now I have another small problem. In FB all the posts that I normally see in the centre of the screen have disappeared. Hopefully you are able to help me with that as well.

that one is a bit weird, posts in FB are just part of a webpage - try CTRL F5 on the keyboard to force a refresh of the page

Do you use any adblockers?

(17-02-2023, 09:09 AM)king1 Wrote:
(17-02-2023, 08:49 AM)Roscoe Wrote: Thank you, Kingi. When you said that I can't close multiple tabs, I thought that they have to be somewhere and so I went looking and noticed some icons to the left of the screen so I clicked on one of those and found the multiple tabs. Somehow I had done something to make them appear on the side. Silly of me.

that one is a bit weird, posts in FB are just part of a webpage - try CTRL F5 on the keyboard to force a refresh of the page

Do you use any adblockers?
(17-02-2023, 08:49 AM)Roscoe Wrote:  I thought that they have to be somewhere and so I went looking and noticed some icons to the left of the screen so I clicked on one of those and found the multiple tabs. Somehow I had done something to make them appear on the side. Silly of me.

If they were all on the left, like the picture below, you will have turned on Vertical Tabs.

If thats the case two way to get out of them if it happens again, top theres a little Square, click that and the option to turn off Vertical tabs appears, other way is in settings, Appearance, customise tool bar theres a on/off option.

Edge can do funny things sometimes, mine played up the other day, would crash after a minute or two, took ages to fix it, even then not 100% sure what was the problem. Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(17-02-2023, 09:50 AM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(17-02-2023, 08:49 AM)Roscoe Wrote:  I thought that they have to be somewhere and so I went looking and noticed some icons to the left of the screen so I clicked on one of those and found the multiple tabs. Somehow I had done something to make them appear on the side. Silly of me.

If they were all on the left, like the picture below, you will have turned on Vertical Tabs.

If thats the case two way to get out of them if it happens again, top theres a little Square, click that and the option to turn off Vertical tabs appears, other way is in settings, Appearance, customise tool bar theres a on/off option.

Edge can do funny things sometimes, mine played up the other day, would crash after a minute or two, took ages to fix it, even then not 100% sure what was the problem. Huh
Thank you, Wainui. I have made a note of that in case it happens again.

Appreciate your help as always. Wink