Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Google is broken...
This sums it up well, ive noticed things have been on a decline for a while.
Great info. Thanks for posting. It certainly explains the changing effectiveness of Google as a search engine and also fluctuations in the SEO of our website.
ain't that true, sometimes you're looking for something that is completely obvious and yet google just doesn't seem to be able to deliver the results your looking for now. On the odd occasion I use the tools and switch to verbatim results, but even that is hit and miss sometimes...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
That app thing he mentions annoys the hell out of me every time it pops up.  Big Grin

Also makes me wonder if TM suffers from some of these issues, the heavy ad loading for instance, and increased duplication of listings, prioritising of sponsored offerings etc... Might explain its decline too.
(30-01-2023, 10:42 AM)king1 Wrote: ain't that true, sometimes you're looking for something that is completely obvious and yet google just doesn't seem to be able to deliver the results your looking for now.  On the odd occasion I use the tools and switch to verbatim results, but even that is hit and miss sometimes...

I quite often would use Google to find Wikipedia articles and if I don't specify Wikipedia in the search phrase, it won't even show the article as the first result like it used to.

Perhaps chatGPT will fill this gap like experts are saying.