Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opposition to the 'rights & freedom' brigade
It seems that some of us are getting more than a little fed up with the McBishop & his antics & have seen to it that their protests will meet with counter protests. Good for them.

All the McBishop's nonsense about 'patriots' & 'freedom fighters' is ludicrous; its extremely unlikely he'd know either one if they jumped up & bit him.

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-nat...3MgUR1s4Co

"A counter-protest supporting democracy is planned to go head-to-head with a rally led by Brian Tamaki's Freedoms & Rights Coalition in Auckland this weekend.

Counter protest organiser Mark Graham said it was a spur of the moment decision to show up and "save the nation's democracy".

"The coalition and Brian Tamaki are not calling for freedom and rights, they want things to be done the way they want. That's just selfish.
"He is throwing a tantrum because he is not getting what he wants. This is not democratic."

Graham said their group was building in numbers since last night's decision to head to Auckland Domain on Saturday.
"It is an important issue for us. We do not like what the coalition is doing, it is just not right.
"We hope more people will show up to save our nation's democracy."

The group, led by Destiny Church's Brian Tamaki, are calling Saturday morning's protest a "Kiwi Patriots Day and March".
The group claims the upcoming march will be an "opportunity to unite freedom fighters across the North Island and rally the public for the coming events ahead".
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
yep nailed it right there Lilith, as much as McBishop would like to think he is representing the interests of New Zealanders, all he is really doing is representing his own selfish interests and warped religious beliefs...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Are the bhoys bringing along their pick handles?
I do have other cameras!
I personally dont like Destiny Church, but I have huge respect for Brian in his efforts to unite people for freedom.
I believe they are planning on joining forces with a number of minor parties to run together in the next election.
Will be interesting to follow.
I am more interested however with Matt Kings new Democracy NZ party.
His goal is to write into law the bill of rights, if we had this written into law, all these lockdowns wouldnt have happened.
A good friend of mine was in Destiny Church. He died a pauper and there were NO Destiny people at his funeral.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
and I don't see the Bish trying to unite at all, undermine is probably a better word...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-08-2022, 06:22 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I personally dont like Destiny Church, but I have huge respect for Brian in his efforts to unite people for freedom.
I believe they are planning on joining forces with a number of minor parties to run together in the next election.
His goal is to write into law the bill of rights, if we had this written into law, all these lockdowns wouldnt have happened.
Then we disagree - imo, that man is an ego tripping, irresponsible charlatan interested only in making money. Preferably from fleecing his followers & while making himself look as important & saintly as possible. His brand of religion is based on the American 'prosperity gospel' which is an excellent way of gaining money while not needing to pay tax; they're basically very skilled con artists.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-08-2022, 07:21 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 06:22 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I personally dont like Destiny Church, but I have huge respect for Brian in his efforts to unite people for freedom.
Then we disagree - imo, that man is an ego tripping, irresponsible charlatan interested only in making money. Preferably from fleecing his followers & while making himself look as important & saintly as possible. His brand of religion is based on the American 'prosperity gospel' which is an excellent way of gaining money while not needing to pay tax; they're basically very skilled con artists.
Yes, yes yes!
(03-08-2022, 07:21 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Very well said! Thank you.

He is not "uniting people for freedom". He is causing disunity and riding roughshod over people's rights to go about their business without impediment from his loser followers.
i wonder how many of his followers are struggling to buy groceries, pay rent and look after their families, while he lives the high life without having to lift more than his bum from the couch.
His fake church has broken up so many families he ought to be in jail for domestic abuse, and that is without the ongoing impoverishment he has blessed them with. The man is a charlatan and if the people he focuses on were better educated and in generally better shape socially he would never have built such a profitable scam. As for his wife - don't get me started on her...
I'm not very well informed on 'The divine mother' so went looking & found this:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...ounds.html

"Hannah was also questioned by host Kate Hawkesby if it was true that Destiny Church-owned GP practices were getting money for giving COVID-19 vaccination.

"We don't have our own practice. We lease outside of our building to a medical centre," she said.

But she admitted they do receive rental income from leasing the car park outside their church for a COVID testing centre.

"We do actually, we do… yes."

"I'm going to say, they asked us at the beginning of the COVID back in February if they could lease because they wanted to set up a testing station in South Auckland.

"We talked about it and we decided if the Government is really pushing for people to get tested - we aren't opposed to people being tested."

When asked if she is only for something COVID-19 related when she makes money from it, Tamaki said they "don't need to talk about that".

So they're not opposed to people being tested for covid as long as they can make money from it. And also found this - I had no idea that she'd been asked to be on Dancing with the stars!
The spinoff took a very dim view of it - & I tend to agree, well done them.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/tv/23-02-2020/h...m-her-past
Update, 25 February, 4.30pm: Mediaworks has announced that Hannah Tamaki has been dropped from the new season of Dancing with the Stars

“Our announcement for this year’s Dancing with the Stars cast is scheduled for the end of March,” a spokesperson said, “however we are taking the unusual step to confirm Hannah Tamaki will not be part of that lineup. It was originally planned for Hannah to take part in the show. We now recognise this was a mistake and we apologise."

"In an exceptionally sad display of desperation, MediaWorks appears to have booked Hannah Tamaki, known for her bigotry and megachurch, for the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars. It is my sincere hope that it’s all BS and nobody at MediaWorks was so colossally hideous to book someone openly xenophobic, anti-Muslim, homophobic and transphobic.

Here are some reasons why this is an absolutely morally bankrupt decision.

MediaWorks will be providing free publicity for a political party that spreads hate speech

Wow! They won’t have to spend a cent of the hoarded wealth they’ve gathered from scamming vulnerable communities to spread their message of *checks notes* banning “new mosques, temples, and other foreign buildings of worship” if elected. At a time when the nation was horrified by the mosque shooting in Christchurch, Brian Tamaki objected to the call to prayer. As the world applauded New Zealand’s response to the shooting, Destiny goons stood outside mosques intimidating Muslims.

The Man Up programme, a domestic violence programme by the Tamakis, has been well-covered in other media

Stuff revealed a man broke his partner’s jaw the same day he graduated from the programme. The survivor “immediately launched separation proceedings, but he later used the Man Up certificate in court as evidence of his good character”. Stuff also revealed a Man Up facilitator was stood down for directly messaging a domestic violence survivor and telling her it was her fault if she provoked her partner. So would it be OK if Hannah picks a charity like Man Up? A charity Women’s Refuge chief Ang Jury has publicly stated is dangerous?

My first interaction with Destiny Church was in Tauranga leading up to the civil union bill. I challenged their protest with a sign that said “Love isn’t a family value” and in return their parishioners encouraged their children to scream “dyke” at me and then laughed when their kids picked up dog shit and threw it at us.

Despite all of this, Hannah Tamaki and her husband, who called people upset by Israel Folau’s homophobic comments “Cry Baby Gays”, say they have gay friends. Which is as grim as it sounds. A month later they issued an “apology” to the rainbow community along the lines of sorry you were offended.

Their business – Destiny Church – is a joint business. She is present whenever he spews his hate, and she’s often his mouthpiece. They’re interchangeable and attempts to paint them any other way are incredibly disingenuous."
They only have two working parts which is their mouth and their arsehole and there both interchangeable
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(04-08-2022, 08:32 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: They only have two working parts which is their mouth and their arsehole and there both interchangeable
I've just spent the previous two seconds trying to see if I can disagree with your comment. Nope, can't do it. Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes