Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eff'nhell, National...
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ounger-boy
I do have other cameras!
Bonus point for the title alone - now off to read the article...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
ok the cynic in me would say the victim would still be waiting for an apology if it wasn't for his foray into politics...

Well chosen Nats. Fits the profile perfectly. Bully. Picks on the weaker. Refuses to acknowledge errors. Until it suits...
Spot on Hunni. What an interesting challenge for the brand new party president.
(08-08-2022, 04:59 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well chosen Nats. Fits the profile perfectly. Bully. Picks on the weaker. Refuses to acknowledge errors. Until it suits...
Two words for this post:

Trevor Mallard

And that wasn't 22 years ago.
Tongue 
"I think they will go with whomever is the best suited and qualified for the position." - Wainuiguy
(08-08-2022, 05:08 PM)Olive Wrote: Spot on Hunni.  What an interesting challenge for the brand new party president.
They were already aware of it.  So no challenge at all.

But if we are diving onto politicians lives when they were kids what else would we find on both sides of the house?  How many of us did stupid things as teenagers we regret now and would never do again?

(08-08-2022, 05:23 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: "I think they will go with whomever is the best suited and qualified for the position." - Wainuiguy
Your point?  Or don't you have one?
Wainuiguy is happy to have this guy as an MP - National doesn't see bullying those weaker than them as a bad thing.
I do have other cameras!
(08-08-2022, 05:59 PM)Praktica Wrote: Wainuiguy is happy to have this guy as an MP - National doesn't see bullying those weaker than them as a bad thing.
2 words for you too

Trevor Mallard

Ahh now I see why this story popped up today:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics...pp-android
Ah yes - the old tu quoque distraction.
I do have other cameras!
(08-08-2022, 04:59 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well chosen Nats. Fits the profile perfectly. Bully. Picks on the weaker. Refuses to acknowledge errors. Until it suits...
 Not a good look & made considerably worse by the timing of the 'apology.' They must surely have known it would come out.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(08-08-2022, 07:22 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
 Not a good look & made considerably worse by the timing of the 'apology.' They must surely have known it would come out.
When did Bridges resign?
The suggestion is that Uffindell was going for Muller's seat, after he announced his retirement...then he didn't retire, so Uffindell joined the 3 grey musketeers gunning for Tauranga.
I do have other cameras!
I read this morning him saying it was the silliest and stupidest thing he had ever done. Says it all really, regretting it because it made him look bad, not as the ugliest and cruelest thing he ever did to someone else, still all about how it affected him. Reinforced by the fact he never bothered to acknowledge or apologise for it until it was likely to show him in a bad light. Still a self entitled bully at heart.

Hasn't learned a thing.
His Wikipedia entry has been updated by a public spirited contributor:

"Early life[edit]
Uffindell was born in Auckland in September 1983. He attended King's College, but at age sixteen was expelled after participating in a violent attack on a younger student. The victim, who was 13, suffered severe bruising and trauma. Police were not involved. After the matter came to light in 2022, Uffindell said he couldn't recall if he and the other attackers used wooden bed legs as a weapon, but couldn't rule it out. Uffindell said, "in 2022, Uffindell said, "It was the last day of the year and we were just being silly and playing up... we got carried away and we did what we did." He offered the victim an apology in 2021, 22 years after the attack, and nine months before he publicly announced his political aspirations.[1][2]"
Wham Bam Sam said damn, damn, damn. That's not what I am; I'm as gentle as a lamb.
Now that Luxon has come out in support of Uffindell, there will be further damaging revelations.
I do have other cameras!
so who really believes Christopher Luxon new nothing about this?

Peter Goodfellow probably did.

'I regret' is not the same as 'I am deeply ashamed'. Because he isn't. And no, it does not mean he has a special understanding of troubled youth. It means he is a bully.