Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & the search warrant
I do believe that I can hear the sound of chickens coming home to roost; couldn't happen to a bigger bastard. he of course, is now claiming that the FBI 'planted evidence.'
Rolleyes Big Grin

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62527628

"Agents removed 11 sets of documents, including some marked "TS/SCI", a designation for material that could cause "exceptionally grave" damage to US national security.
Mr Trump denied any wrongdoing and said the items were declassified.
It was the first time an ex-president's home was searched in a criminal probe.
The list of items was made public on Friday afternoon after a judge unsealed a seven-page document that included the warrant authorising the search of Mr Trump's Palm Beach residence, Mar-a-Lago.
It said more than 20 boxes of items were taken on Monday, including a binder of photos, a handwritten note, unspecified information about the "President of France" and a clemency letter written on behalf of long-time Trump ally Roger Stone."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62528709

"Why did the FBI search Mar-a-Lago?
In short, because the US Department of Justice suspects the former president may have committed a crime.

The search warrant, which has been made publicly available, shows FBI agents gathered evidence on 8 August as part of an investigation into whether Mr Trump mishandled government records by taking them from the White House to Mar-a-Lago.

It's worth noting here that US presidents must transfer all of their documents and emails to a government agency called the National Archives.

Earlier this year, that agency said it had retrieved 15 boxes of papers from Mar-a-Lago which Mr Trump should have handed over when he left the White House. It said they included classified information and asked the justice department to investigate.

To obtain the search warrant, prosecutors had to persuade a judge that they had probable cause to believe a crime may have been committed. We also know that the effort to seek a search warrant was signed off by the head of the justice department - the attorney general - who is the country's top legal official.

The FBI took 11 sets of classified files in total, including four that were labelled "top secret". Three sets were classified as "secret documents" and three were "confidential".

The cache also included files marked "TS/SCI", a designation for the country's most important secrets that if revealed publicly could cause "exceptionally grave" damage to US national security."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I'd like to see him get some jail time before he carks it...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(13-08-2022, 06:05 PM)king1 Wrote: I'd like to see him get some jail time before he carks it...
Yeah - at one of these "old fashioned" style prisons where they break rocks.
I do have other cameras!
Yeah - I think anyone who's not a fan of his wouldn't be sorry to see him behind bars.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I cannot imagine a Potus behind bars, it just seems like an impossibility. The other thing that strikes me is what such an event would do to the psyches of the Americans. They have always had this enormously confident sense of their own position in the world, to have such a calamity to confront - the kind of thing that happens in third world countries, would be a hell of a dead rat to swallow.
(14-08-2022, 11:43 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I cannot imagine a Potus behind bars, it just seems like an impossibility. The other thing that strikes me is what such an event would do to the psyches of the Americans. They have always had this enormously confident sense of their own position in the world, to have such a calamity to confront - the kind of thing that happens in third world countries, would be a hell of a dead rat to swallow.
They may have to. Then again given his age, they may just draw things out until he conveniently carks it, with or without discreet help. Rolleyes

Perhaps Americans shouldn't be quite so confident about their place in the world, given their history. Which I'm presently reading about in Howard Zinn's A people's history of the united states, which has been a bit of an eye opener. And strongly criticised by the right in America.
Which is hardly surprising as it brings out plenty of facts in their past struggles for decent wages, working conditions as well as racial discrimination & the treatment of women.

https://erikralston.medium.com/book-revi...271b3dacf3
I think he deserves to be behind bars, his whole family does but Trump being Trump I really cant see it happening, he will weasel his way out of it some how.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(14-08-2022, 03:06 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I think he deserves to be behind bars, his whole family does but Trump being Trump I really cant see it happening, he will weasel his way out of it some how.
I doubt that would surprise anyone really, if he did. He's just the sort who'll try to claim innocence despite any evidence to the contrary.
In many ways they are a nation of opposites. Land of the free, but only for some. Best of everything if you ignore they are also the worst of everything. Leaders of the free world - or they'll bomb you into oblivion. Egotists who are blind in one eye and deaf in the other.

But some of the kindest most generous people I have ever met. I am glad I am a New Zealander...
(14-08-2022, 02:59 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(14-08-2022, 11:43 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I cannot imagine a Potus behind bars, it just seems like an impossibility. The other thing that strikes me is what such an event would do to the psyches of the Americans. They have always had this enormously confident sense of their own position in the world, to have such a calamity to confront - the kind of thing that happens in third world countries, would be a hell of a dead rat to swallow.
They may have to. Then again given his age, they may just draw things out until he conveniently carks it, with or without discreet help. Rolleyes

Perhaps Americans shouldn't be quite so confident about their place in the world, given their history. Which I'm presently reading about in Howard Zinn's A people's history of the united states, which has been a bit of an eye opener. And strongly criticised by the right in America.
Which is hardly surprising as it brings out plenty of facts in their past struggles for decent wages, working conditions as well as racial discrimination & the treatment of women.

https://erikralston.medium.com/book-revi...271b3dacf3
Rather loosely on that subject, a good watch is Blackkklansman

(14-08-2022, 03:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: In many ways they are a nation of opposites. Land of the free, but only for some. Best of everything if you ignore they are also the worst of everything. Leaders of the free world - or they'll bomb you into oblivion. Egotists who are blind in one eye and deaf in the other.

But some of the kindest most generous people I have ever met. I am glad I am a New Zealander...
Interestingly I see close similarities between the way that the US and Chinese populations are kept in check by their respective governments. Both are essentially brainwashed from a young age that their country is the greatest in the world and numerous examples of military might, engineering abilities and sporting successes, among other things, are kept front of mind to reinforce that mindset. This is mirrored in both societies in the way that great importance is put in the ability to impress friends and colleagues by providing food based events and in the status symbolism of high value items such as cars and homes.

Both countries have a great fear of internal dissent and use their own form of 'law and order' measures to ensure internal stability, and racism is close to the surface in both countries.

As a friend who lived for 20+ years in California has said "America is only one political party away from being a Communist country" which rings true as financially a third political party gaining any traction is virtually impossible.

China is an extremely competitive society where individuals and businesses strive to progress against their peers, and in the US this same competitiveness is present and is also a symptom of the ability to access what should be social services freely available to all, such as healthcare.
(14-08-2022, 04:33 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(14-08-2022, 03:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: In many ways they are a nation of opposites. Land of the free, but only for some. Best of everything if you ignore they are also the worst of everything. Leaders of the free world - or they'll bomb you into oblivion. Egotists who are blind in one eye and deaf in the other.

Interestingly I see close similarities between the way that the US and Chinese populations are kept in check by their respective governments. Both are essentially brainwashed from a young age that their country is the greatest in the world and numerous examples of military might, engineering abilities and sporting successes, among other things, are kept front of mind to reinforce that mindset. This is mirrored in both societies in the way that great importance is put in the ability to impress friends and colleagues by providing food based events and in the status symbolism of high value items such as cars and homes.

Both countries have a great fear of internal dissent and use their own form of 'law and order' measures to ensure internal stability, and racism is close to the surface in both countries.

As a friend who lived for 20+ years in California has said "America is only one political party away from being a Communist country" which rings true as financially a third political party gaining any traction is virtually impossible.

China is an extremely competitive society where individuals and businesses strive to progress against their peers, and in the US this same competitiveness is present and is also a symptom of the ability to access what should be social services freely available to all, such as healthcare.
That's an interesting comparison harm-less; it hadn't occurred to me but it makes good sense

I strongly believe that health care should be paid for with our taxes & freely available to everyone rather than just those who are able to afford it, because they've got more money. 
Imo, that is just utterly wrong whichever country it is.

Years ago I lived with two Americans at different times, both of whom were nice enough people so I think the problem isn't so much with ordinary people but rather with those who have the wealth & power.

The more I live & the more I read, the more I can't help thinking we humans are in fact, fools. We live in a beautiful world (once we clean up the mess we've made) & should have plenty for everyone under a fair system. But we seem afflicted by greed & selfishness - or some of us at any rate. I'd like to see us overcome it & make our world better for all of us.
Lucky dreams are free - I'd be in hock for decades! Big Grin
The democrats are getting desperate to dig up any dirt that they can find on Trump!

They are basically trying to use documents that he was legally entitled to copy after leaving office for his personal use against him.
They are scared about him returning in 2024...
The man is a crook. Everyone with half a brain knew that. Time the rest 'woke' up...
(16-08-2022, 11:59 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: The democrats are getting desperate to dig up any dirt that they can find on Trump!

They are basically trying to use documents that he was legally entitled to copy after leaving office for his personal use against him.
Well I think the whole point of the investigation is the contention that he was NOT entitled to copy them for personal use...

but yes I imagine there are a few folks that are rather apprehensive of him returning in 2024 - he was the laughing stock of presidents...

On a positive note, we would get another season of ...

From Newshub.

Former reality TV star and US President Donald Trump took advantage of that prior to being kicked off the mainstream platforms after the deadly insurrectionist Capitol riot in January, 2021.

The latest popular conspiracy theory also refers to a Trump - or, an ex-Trump to be more accurate. Donald's former wife Ivana died in mid-July and was buried at the billionaire's Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

That attracted controversy, with many pointing out that hosting his ex-wife's remains allowed Trump to get some tax deductions.

But it's what's in the coffin that's now attracting most attention on Twitter, with many copying the FBI into their musings.
Core to the conspiracy theory is the fact that Ivana was cremated - something that has been widely reported, although finding independent confirmation has proven difficult.

Still, that hasn't stopped those with too much time on their hands from indulging in rampant speculation about why Ivana's ashes would need a coffin that size.

So you’re telling me that Ivana Trump was buried in a huge casket, with 10 pallbearers, despite being cremated?
"Ashes don't weigh anything or take up any space. Also, cremated remains generally aren't buried. Do you know what does take up space & gets buried? EVIDENCE."
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
There's always a circus around Trump. Which does rather suggest that he's something of a clown; & nothing he's done or said so far changes that.
(16-08-2022, 02:30 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: So you’re telling me that Ivana Trump was buried in a huge casket, with 10 pallbearers, despite being cremated?
"Ashes don't weigh anything or take up any space. Also, cremated remains generally aren't buried. Do you know what does take up space & gets buried? EVIDENCE."
No doubt, the classified documents that wouldn't fit in the safe...  Sweating

(16-08-2022, 02:57 PM)king1 Wrote:
(16-08-2022, 02:30 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: So you’re telling me that Ivana Trump was buried in a huge casket, with 10 pallbearers, despite being cremated?
No doubt, the classified documents that wouldn't fit in the safe...  Sweating

Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
(16-08-2022, 01:43 PM)king1 Wrote:
(16-08-2022, 11:59 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: The democrats are getting desperate to dig up any dirt that they can find on Trump!

Well I think the whole point of the investigation is the contention that he was NOT entitled to copy them for personal use...

but yes I imagine there are a few folks that are rather apprehensive of him returning in 2024 - he was the laughing stock of presidents...

On a positive note, we would get another season of ...
From what im hearing, they are making claims he has nuclear codes he is going to share with China, how do they think they can even make this stuff up? lol

And BTW, look how bad CBS is at covering this...