Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a documentary linked in this article in Stuff
And it's worth a watch.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ed-its-toe
I do have other cameras!
Just started on it...then went out and mowed the lawns. Now sitting down having a beer...so better not resume watching, or something might happen to my monitor !
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
It's well worth watching. The most salient point was tucked in right at the end - that Aotearoa is presently of great interest to international forces of disruption because they can evaluate how much disruption it takes to wreck a transparent and stable democracy. We are, in a sense, a test case.

I would have liked to learn something about the funding behind the disruptors, particularly VFF, but I guess they couldn't cover everything in an hour.
What these hapless revolutionaries don't take into account, is that the state has deep reserves of coercion and violence available to it, if it sees a dangerous threat. They see themselves as opressed, but that is all in their minds, at the moment. If they try something serious, though, the response might shock them.
I do have other cameras!
(14-08-2022, 02:22 PM)Praktica Wrote: And it's worth a watch.

Not exactly a balanced peice of journalism is it.  No interviews with those on the other side just some dramatic music.   And no I don't support those people they are talking about - they are idiots.

However ask this question - had the protest and occupation been about Climate Crisis would they have been treated the same?

I didn't agree with what they were protesting about but defend their right to peacefully do so including taking over Parliament grounds.
(17-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

Not exactly a balanced peice of journalism is it.  No interviews with those on the other side just some dramatic music.   And no I don't support those people they are talking about - they are idiots.

However ask this question - had the protest and occupation been about Climate Crisis would they have been treated the same?

I didn't agree with what they were protesting about but defend their right to peacefully do so including taking over Parliament grounds.
So you see the circus that occupied parliamentary grounds as peaceful. Guess your definition of peace differs from what of most NZers.

The point of that doco is in opening the public's eyes to a concerted campaign of social disruption that these organisations are engaged in. Forewarned is forearmed and the actions now being taken to filter out the VFF, FARC, etc. affiliates from local body election candidates is serving that purpose.
(17-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

I don't believe we have seen a climate crisis protest where they were setting fire to playgrounds... When the climate crisis protests get to that level of stupidity (and they might eventually) then yes I expect they will be treated the same... Although by then it might be too late for everyone anyway...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

I do agree democracy is definitely at risk in the west, ACT has publicly said so too in one of their newsletters.
I think the outcome of the Ukraine war will tell us how much hope is left for democracy.

Love it how it shows the words on the wall reading that Ardern is a dictator. Couldn't be more accurate.
Everyone quickly forgot how much of a dictator Helen was either, Helen and Ardern are one and the same, it just seems that we are seeing a Helen Clark govt on steroids.

Whats really on the way out and has no hope for survival is capitalism, there is nothing we can do to save it, we are seeing a reset in action, how many more years left and/or what will replace it is anyones guess...
(17-08-2022, 10:23 AM)king1 Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: However ask this question - had the protest and occupation been about Climate Crisis would they have been treated the same?
I don't believe we have seen a climate crisis protest where they were setting fire to playgrounds... When the climate crisis protests get to that level of stupidity (and they might eventually) then yes I expect they will be treated the same... Although by then it might be too late for everyone anyway...
That occured the day the police forcefully removed the protest.  Once that happened then of course there was going to be violence - violence begets violence.  For the most part up to then there was no violence, some agro towards media but then media was not being very balanced.  

Don't forget the almost 50% of those at this protest in a poll taken on the grounds said they voted Labour Green.  Not exactly a far right gathering as some would have you suggest

(17-08-2022, 10:22 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Not exactly a balanced peice of journalism is it.  No interviews with those on the other side just some dramatic music.   And no I don't support those people they are talking about - they are idiots.

So you see the circus that occupied parliamentary grounds as peaceful. Guess your definition of peace differs from what of most NZers.

The point of that doco is in opening the public's eyes to a concerted campaign of social disruption that these organisations are engaged in. Forewarned is forearmed and the actions now being taken to filter out the VFF, FARC, etc. affiliates from local body election candidates is serving that purpose.
Agree that at the point it turned violent then their rights to protest went out the window.  However that violence occured because of Police - that was the spark.
I see you are trying to import your bullshit from that other site...
I do have other cameras!
(17-08-2022, 10:44 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 10:23 AM)king1 Wrote: I don't believe we have seen a climate crisis protest where they were setting fire to playgrounds... When the climate crisis protests get to that level of stupidity (and they might eventually) then yes I expect they will be treated the same... Although by then it might be too late for everyone anyway...
violence begets violence. 
only to thugs and 5 year olds...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(17-08-2022, 10:44 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 10:22 AM)harm_less Wrote: So you see the circus that occupied parliamentary grounds as peaceful. Guess your definition of peace differs from what of most NZers.

Agree that at the point it turned violent then their rights to protest went out the window.  However that violence occured because of Police - that was the spark.
The police were just the most acceptable way to rid our parliament's grounds of a squalid camp community of rag-tag discontents whose primary purpose was one of social disruption.

If the army had been engaged to carry out that clean-up I'm sure the outcome would have been more physical to say the least.