Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parliamentary protest
Live stream from the herald is here

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/parliament...4GVU3GFDU/

I think my biggest annoyance with the Bish is how he has convinced himself he speaks for all New Zealanders, and often refers to representing or protesting for the benefit of, all New Zealanders.  Reality is he maybe represents a few thousand seemingly disenfranchised 'New Zealanders' and that's about it...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I'm not so sure; I suspect he knows that he speaks only for those who believe his every word. I think its likely that he's enjoying the publicity & the chance to present himself as an upright & truthful person who wants the best for Kiwis, rather than the charlatan intent on making money that he is.

I do wish those opposing him wouldn't use the term fascism - (although I can understand why they do, given the views of the McBishop) since under a fascist govt, the group they're opposed to & their own group, wouldn't be permitted to protest at all.

Apparently his nibs has announced a 'new' political party - all the odds & sods, by the look of it. Oh joy - just what's needed, a Nutters r us party! Smile

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...winds-down

"Protest leader forms new political party (again)
Brian Tamaki has announced a new political party, joining the fringe New Nation Party and Outdoors Party with his wife Hannah Tamaki’s Vision New Zealand party. A political poll had Vision NZ on 1% earlier this month.
A party needs 5% of the total party vote to get a share of the seats in Parliament.
Tamaki called on former National Party MP Matt King and his Democracy NZ party, as well as the New Conservatives to join his newly formed party. He also suggested MP Guarav Sharma, who on Tuesday was expelled from Labour, should get in touch."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm not so sure; I suspect he knows that he speaks only for those who believe his every word. I think its likely that he's enjoying the publicity & the chance to present himself as an upright & truthful person who wants the best for Kiwis, rather than the charlatan intent on making money that he is.

I do wish those opposing him wouldn't use the term fascism - (although I can understand why they do, given the views of the McBishop) since under a fascist govt, the group they're opposed to & their own group, wouldn't be permitted to protest at all.

Apparently his nibs has announced a  'new' political party - all the odds & sods, by the look of it. Oh joy -  just what's needed, a Nutters r us party! Smile

Brian Tamaki has announced a new political party, joining the fringe New Nation Party and Outdoors Party with his wife Hannah Tamaki’s Vision New Zealand party. A political poll had Vision NZ on 1% earlier this month.
A party needs 5% of the total party vote to get a share of the seats in Parliament.
Tamaki called on former National Party MP Matt King and his Democracy NZ party, as well as the New Conservatives to join his newly formed party. He also suggested MP Guarav Sharma, who on Tuesday was expelled from Labour, should get in touch."
Its not really "his" party this time, he really is just involved in getting these parties to work together and unite.
I will be super stoked if they all join forces, as all these minor parties have no show of getting in, but all united as one, they will easily get up to 8% or more of the party vote.
If Matt King joins, that will help things along, right now im undecided if i vote for Matt's Democracy NZ party or Vision NZ.
Now the media are having a real field day attacking this party about concerns of "racism" WTF?
Tamaki is Maori himself, do you really think he would want any racism towards his own people in his party?
I liked the comments from that counter protest woman - he's irrelevant...

And he is. Even the media are over him.

(24-08-2022, 10:07 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm not so sure; I suspect he knows that he speaks only for those who believe his every word. I think its likely that he's enjoying the publicity & the chance to present himself as an upright & truthful person who wants the best for Kiwis, rather than the charlatan intent on making money that he is.

Apparently his nibs has announced a  'new' political party - all the odds & sods, by the look of it. Oh joy -  just what's needed, a Nutters r us party! Smile

Its not really "his" party this time, he really is just involved in getting these parties to work together and unite.
I will be super stoked if they all join forces, as all these minor parties have no show of getting in, but all united as one, they will easily get up to 8% or more of the party vote.
If Matt King joins, that will help things along, right now im undecided if i vote for Matt's Democracy NZ party or Vision NZ.
Now the media are having a real field day attacking this party about concerns of "racism" WTF?
Tamaki is Maori himself, do you really think he would want any racism towards his own people in his party?
You think Maori cannot be racist towards their own? I call exploiting folk on the basis of their ethnicity very racist. And that is what he is doing.
(24-08-2022, 10:07 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

They/he seem to have an issue with Muslims and Prime Ministers and their choice of headwear.  So yes, it is Racism...

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...kpots.html

Im just waiting for the time he is going to announce that he has moved up the pecking order and is now a "GOD"  Angel
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(24-08-2022, 10:28 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Im just waiting for the time he is going to announce that he has moved up the pecking order and is now a "GOD"  Angel
I agree, what is an ambitious McBishop supposed to aim for when one has already attained the highest echelons of power and glory...

(24-08-2022, 10:16 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I liked the comments from that counter protest  woman - he's irrelevant...

And he is. Even the media are over him.

(24-08-2022, 10:07 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Its not really "his" party this time, he really is just involved in getting these parties to work together and unite.
You think Maori cannot be racist towards their own? I call exploiting folk on the basis of their ethnicity very racist. And that is what he is doing.
Scarily, he & his party are banging on about 'Family values' - never a good thing coming from the extreme right since what they mean is 'keeping women in their place,' keeping everyone as ignorant as possible & controlling everyone.

I believe the Nazis had very similar ideas.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The old "just like the Nazis" is a very lazy and sensationalist argument. Do you really genuinely believe that Destiny Church is like the Nazis or Tamaki like Hitler?

But if you want to go down that route, the Nazis favoured banning books they didn't like, disarming of the general population (until they were sufficiently brainwashed and radicalised), aborting the disabled, blacklisting (aka "cancelling") anyone that opposed their ideology, which all sounds rather too much like the modern left.

I'd suggest it is probably better to avoid Nazi comparisons.
Does it? In which way are the current left in this country espousing any of those things? Examples would be nice...

You see the old "just like the modern left" is a very lazy and sensationalist argument. Do you really genuinely believe that left leaning political parties are like the Nazis or any of their leaders like Hitler?
What I know is each time McBishop decided to do a protest (both 2004 and 2022) there were Women at the helm of the country in the three top spots...
What does one read into that?

(24-08-2022, 04:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Does it? In which way are the current left in this country espousing any of those things? Examples would be nice...

You see the old "just like the modern left" is a very lazy and sensationalist argument. Do you really genuinely believe that left leaning political parties are like the Nazis or any of their leaders like Hitler?
No, trolls like him just come here to expose their ignorance, and exercise their stupidity.
I do have other cameras!
And I aint no Billy Goat Gruff...
(24-08-2022, 04:21 PM)dken31 Wrote: The old "just like the Nazis" is a very lazy and sensationalist argument.  Do you really genuinely believe that Destiny Church is like the Nazis or Tamaki like Hitler?

But if you want to go down that route, the Nazis favoured banning books they didn't like, disarming of the general population (until they were sufficiently brainwashed and radicalised), aborting the disabled, blacklisting (aka "cancelling") anyone that opposed their ideology, which all sounds rather too much like the modern left. 

I'd suggest it is probably better to avoid Nazi comparisons.
You can see for yourself; that the Nazis espoused the idea of 'family values', 'home & family' is very well known. Its a matter of historical record, should you care to look. To the extent that they encouraged young women of the 'right type' to have children with 'Aryan men.'

And in modern day America, I think you'll find that its the hard right Christian groups which favour suppressing education & knowledge, & tend to go in for book burning, rather than those on the left, who tend to be those trying to prevent the idiocy of book burning.
That's also a matter of record.

The facts speak for themselves; the similarity is there, plain to see.

(24-08-2022, 05:51 PM)king1 Wrote: What I know is each time McBishop decided to do a protest (both 2004 and 2022) there were Women at the helm of the country in the three top spots...
What does one read into that?
He's of the right wing Christian persuasion; they're none too keen on women in positions of leadership.
Probably due to being misogynistic prickles... Rolleyes Big Grin
(24-08-2022, 10:24 AM)king1 Wrote:
(24-08-2022, 10:07 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Its not really "his" party this time, he really is just involved in getting these parties to work together and unite.
They/he seem to have an issue with Muslims and Prime Ministers and their choice of headwear.  So yes, it is Racism...

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...kpots.html

Technically thats religionism, not racism Huh
Is Brian Tamaki a Nazi? I doubt it

Is he actively engaging Neo-Nazi and Ultra-Right factions? Yes

A risky tactic.
(25-08-2022, 12:32 AM)Foal30 Wrote: Is Brian Tamaki a Nazi? I doubt it

A risky tactic.

I wouldnt call it Neo Nazi at all, its more that there are some christian fundamentalist elements in the vision NZ party that may appear a bit homophobic I could guess.
But after listening to them talk at a rally, i was fairly happy with what I heard, its more all this gender identity garbage thats being fed to the kids in the schools these days.

Even alot of teachers are against this and feel its not their place to talk about this in class.
Kids just need to learn to respect each other for who they are and leave it there.
(25-08-2022, 12:35 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(25-08-2022, 12:32 AM)Foal30 Wrote: Is Brian Tamaki a Nazi? I doubt it

A risky tactic.

I wouldnt call it Neo Nazi at all, its more that there are some christian fundamentalist elements in the vision NZ party that may appear a bit homophobic I could guess.
But after listening to them talk at a rally, i was fairly happy with what I heard, its more all this gender identity garbage thats being fed to the kids in the schools these days.

Even alot of teachers are against this and feel its not their place to talk about this in class.
Kids just need to learn to respect each other for who they are and leave it there.
How do you teach kids to respect others unless you also teach them about "gender identity garbage".  If you don't they will only respect people/kids like themselves...

To be fair though, they're not without some value.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...party.html

"They launched with no policies, no website and importantly for me, not even a reserved domain registration for their party's name online.

So, I bought CoalitionParty.co.nz and redirected it to the first episode of The Male Gayz, a web series about queer Aotearoa starring two very talented gay comedians, Eli Matthewson and Chris Parker (I produced the series). I bought CoalitionParty.nz and redirected it to a petition to remove Abortion from The Crimes Act.

The Tamakis have built a congregation on poisonous, macho (and frankly, confusingly homoerotic) tight leather jacket-clad marches, motorcycles and hatred. They believe being gay is inherently evil. Think about that for a moment – that your sexual attraction determines your worthiness in the eyes of God? That's not just offensive and obscene, it's run-of-the-mill stupid.

There's a solid argument for ignoring these attention-hungry fanatics and letting them tumble down the drain of political obscurity alongside Colin Craig and Jamie Whyte. What I did took five minutes and less than $100. It was a silly joke. I did not expect it to get the reception it has. But I am glad to be a source of frustration for this organisation. There is real value in mocking these people.

At some point, you can't keep ignoring bigots because in that vacuum, people get othered.

'Casual bigotry' gets normalised. Extremist ideas get laundered by broadcasters. Completely off the wall ideas take root and people get hurt. The Tamakis are an aberration in New Zealand politics. Their values are antithetical to New Zealand values. We intend to keep it that way. So screw 'em. I will buy and redirect domains to troll them."

Tim Batt is a comedian, TV host and podcaster.

Smile