Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revolting students
Seems a bunch of young people are not fooled by our very own white power nutter, and are protesting loudly at Arps decision to stand for the school board of trustees...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/educati...m-students

And folk think they are too young to vote? Big Grin
Yes, saw that - good for them. Fool of a man likely knows damn well he's got Buckley's chance but just wanted to stir things up. I thought they were quite restrained really.

But I still think they're too young to vote - solely due to our brains not being properly fully functioning till around the mid 20's.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
But then, think of all the other things we are allowed to do while our brains are not fully formed - including paying taxes...
(19-08-2022, 08:45 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: But then, think of all the other things we are allowed to do while our brains are not fully formed - including paying taxes...
Well - the thing is that knowing more about brain development is in some ways, opening the proverbial can of worms.

Which may or may not in time, affect loads of things we now take for granted - teenagers being able to drive, work & marry for instance, not to mention the drinking age.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)