Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They have problems with idiots in Canada, too...
https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7gb5y/q...rest-qanon
I do have other cameras!
Do you think in their addled minds, the competing factions of idiots have got themselves into a form of one-upmanship - and the stunts just get wackier and wackier... or are they actually following a (somewhat warped) logical thought process.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The thing is Canada has bears.

We need a few of those.
(18-08-2022, 09:21 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The thing is Canada has bears.

We need a few of those.
on that subject, my son lives in Canada, outside of Vancouver - sent us a video, taken from the kitchen window, of a baby bear walking along the top fence rail in his backyard...  Bear  Beer

My friends sometimes taunt me with videos of hummingbirds in their gardens. It is extremely annoying but I manage to bite my tongue. Usually. Only now my wretched child has joined in with photos of the blue bees she has in her brand new from the sand up garden in Perth! Blue bees, hummingbirds, and baby bears?!

We are so deprived down here on the edge of the planet.
Having spent the best part of 2004 living in Nova Scotia I can say from personal experience that the wildlife their is far more varied than in NZ. While this is interesting it also has its downsides. Having removed dozens of porcupine quills from a dog's face, dealt with the effects of skunk sprayed dogs in the house and taken measures to avoid close contact with large predators such as bears, mountain lions and coyotes/wolves, and snakes while in rural areas I'm fully aware of how benign and welcoming NZ's environment is.

Also the contiguous aspect of countries in a continental setting also means that pest insects and diseases on plants are pretty much impossible to isolate and so quickly become endemic only restricted by climatic extremes, which of course are now being diluted by our changing climate. In other words be grateful for NZ's natural isolation and strong biosecurity measures.
(17-08-2022, 09:57 PM)Praktica Wrote: https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7gb5y/q...rest-qanon
When I was a young Teenager (just a few years ago) Ahem!!! I used to work in a Phyco Hospital and without a shadow of a doubt people like her and a few like her here would have received the electric shock treatment which was very prevalent in those years. I wonder if we can bring it back?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(18-08-2022, 02:09 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 09:57 PM)Praktica Wrote: https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7gb5y/q...rest-qanon
When I was a young Teenager (just a few years ago) Ahem!!! I used to work in a Phyco Hospital and without a shadow of a doubt people like her and a few like her here would have received the electric shock treatment which was very prevalent in those years. I wonder if we can bring it back?
Aren't we in the middle of a review about overuse of that?   But I believe it is still used to some extent...

I have no idea if its still used or not but its one of the most inhumane things to do to a person, I can still remember the screams (shudder) I was only there for about a year but in those days it was accepted as normal.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
It is still used, it has applications in the treatment of depression among other things. These days though it is a very different tool.

As a matter of interest, I have a friend with terminal liver cancer, who as part of a drug trial with genetically tailored med infusions air shipped for her from the US receives an electric shock after each infusion. Apparently it activates the meds. My eyebrows went up at her description of the procedure, but she assures me these are real doctors, lol.
The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.

Some are trying to be elected onto various councils in Northland.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...-elections

"A group of eight candidates is running for office in Northland espousing conspiracy theories and Covid-19 disinformation.

“Sovereign” is targeting local body elections, pushing debunked claims about United Nations sustainability goals, known as Agenda 30.

The most high profile candidate is founder Joshua Ben Riley, a Texan now living close to Paihia, who is standing to be Far North mayor.

His wife, Alisha Riley, a singer, has her sights on the Kaikohe-Hokianga council ward."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(18-08-2022, 03:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.

"A group of eight candidates is running for office in Northland espousing conspiracy theories and Covid-19 disinformation.

“Sovereign” is targeting local body elections, pushing debunked claims about United Nations sustainability goals, known as Agenda 30.

The most high profile candidate is founder Joshua Ben Riley, a Texan now living close to Paihia, who is standing to be Far North mayor.

His wife, Alisha Riley, a singer, has her sights on the Kaikohe-Hokianga council ward."

So not just Otautahi suffering these cockwombles
(25-08-2022, 10:37 PM)Foal30 Wrote:
(18-08-2022, 03:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.

So not just Otautahi suffering these cockwombles
Nah, they're everywhere sadly.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...9tKUb3N448

"Darin Brown is a 5G conspiracy theorist who wants to be the East Coast city’s next mayor.
The inaccurate and dangerous claims that mobile phone signals either transmit Covid-19 or reduce our defences to it have been comprehensively debunked by scientists who say it is biologically impossible.
His wife Jen Brown is a local co-ordinator for Voices for Freedom, the anti-vaccination group that has vowed to make New Zealand ungovernable by infiltrating decision-making bodies."

Kelvin Alp & Hannah Spierer have been arrested.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1296895...r3VIxwGIKA
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(18-08-2022, 09:44 AM)king1 Wrote:
(18-08-2022, 09:21 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The thing is Canada has bears.

We need a few of those.
on that subject, my son lives in Canada, outside of Vancouver - sent us a video, taken from the kitchen window, of a baby bear walking along the top fence rail in his backyard...  Bear  Beer
FYI found the video, here's a snapshot from it

(31-08-2022, 04:43 PM)king1 Wrote:
(18-08-2022, 09:44 AM)king1 Wrote: on that subject, my son lives in Canada, outside of Vancouver - sent us a video, taken from the kitchen window, of a baby bear walking along the top fence rail in his backyard...  Bear  Beer
FYI found the video, here's a snapshot from it
Bloody hell - you'd be hoping he didn't just jump into the yard! Big Grin Big Grin
(31-08-2022, 07:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(31-08-2022, 04:43 PM)king1 Wrote: FYI found the video, here's a snapshot from it
Bloody hell - you'd be hoping he didn't just jump into the yard! Big Grin Big Grin
He thought about, then he kept walking along the top