Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Far right media site hosts in court
And basically claiming that claiming NZ media are 'paid to lie'. They seem to have lost touch with reality to some extent.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/host...site-court

"Kelvyn Alp and Hannah Spierer were arrested by police in Christchurch last week. They host the far-right conspiracy theory website Counterspin Media and are accused of distributing an objectionable publication.

Counterspin Media broadcasts conspiracy theories and discredited Covid-19 misinformation.

Spierer (37) and Alp, a 51-year-old whose occupation is listed as 'consultant' and address was given as being in Woolston, Christchurch, each face three charges.
They are jointly charged that on February 23 this year at Wellington distributed a documentary which has been deemed an objectionable publication under the Films, Videos and Publications Classifications Act 1993.
Alp is also charged individually with distributing the documentary.

The pair are also both charged that on August 25 at Christchurch failed without reasonable excuse to assist a person exercising a search power when requested to do so under Section 130(1) of the Search and Surveillance Act 2012.

Spierer, whose address was also listed as being in Woolston, is also accused of failing to supply identifying particulars, namely fingerprints and photograph, at Christchurch police station on August 25.

When the case was called, the pair both refused to stand in the dock and represented themselves without a lawyer.
They stood at the lawyer's benches while Judge Jim Large ordered them to stand in the dock.

The pair claimed that they are on special appearance, not general appearance, and reserve all their rights.
"I do not argue the law, facts, jurisdiction or venue. I am only here to settle this matter," Spierer said, reading from a prepared script.

They were then forcibly moved into the dock by police officers and court security.
The judge said he intended to remand them on bail on all matters to seek legal assistance if they want. They are due back in court on September 21 and the judge advised that pleas would be required to be entered on that date."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/1...ublication

"After coming out the bail door, Spierer railed against the news media, the Government and Covid vaccines.
She said authorities had seized all their electronic devices. She said they had posted a link to an overseas website, not to a video.
Alp promoted a conspiracy theory related to the 2019 Christchurch terror attack, in which 51 people were murdered by a white supremacist.

The judge did not outline the bail conditions in court but, according to people posting on Counterspin’s Telegram page on their behalf, the couple’s bail conditions include not being able to view or post on social media.

Earlier this month, Counterspin was banned from Instagram after Alp called for a trial and violence against the Government."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
All conspiracy theorists should be pulled out of the rabbit hole either by their testicles or nipples (for women) until they surrender to the truth lol
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
It's funny, free money to prop up a (was/is) failing industry that comes with certain conditions (don't dis' the Treaty of Waitangi) - did I mention free money?  To the addled brain this somehow equates to NZ media are 'paid to lie'.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
We need to adopt some Australian legal measures, for extraordinary circumstances.

Like kicking out dangerous imports.

Do you know, we born here kiwis are now an ever shrinking minority?
I think that all those of feeble mind who genuinely think that there was no terrorist attack here should be obliged to spend an hour or so talking to the survivors; if those survivors can stand to be in the same room as them.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)