Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodies found in suitcase(s) in Auckland
Exclamation 
Be Aware of anything you buy in storage lockers!
It turns out they bought the contents of the storage locker presumably on trademe.
Quite disturbing, we still dont know how many bodies they have found.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/manurewa-s...KQ745XQUQ/
Where is Hercule Poirot when you need him?
I do have other cameras!
I thought trade me had a rule about selling body parts  Puke Sweating
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I must say it brings many questions.
Typically these storage facilities are not allowed to onsell the contents unless the owner has not made payment and/or contact for some time, not just a week or two.
How on earth would the buyers and/or staff not have noticed the smell in there if the remails were there for that long?
The buyers apparently investigated only after noticing the smell themselves.
That would indicate that it would have been fairly recent.
Lots of questions to be answered and likely staff at the storage facility will be questioned too, CCTV cameras are typically extensive on these facilities.
This sounds like the sort of thing you see on a TV show or horror movie, its already attracting attention to international media.
I feel sorry for the buyers of this, it would have been a shock to have discovered all this, looks like their neighbors witnessed it unfold too. This is not something anyone would want to witness.

Imagine if this storage locker featured on that TV show where buyers bid on storage units to find treasures.

Looking at the expired listings on Trademe, there is one auction that matches the description with "suitcases" and it sold for a decent amount of money, no idea if its the same auction or not, but its in Auckland and sold at the end of last month, about 2 weeks before the news broke out.
On the Herald website, - apparently the remains are believed to be 2 young children. Very sad.
Have some respect ffs. This is a tragedy unfolding, not some American tv drama for your gruesome delectation.
Clearly some individuals have become a bit desensitised to these sort of events, feel free to report any posts that breach the rules...
In my defence, the revelation this afternoon that the victims were children has changed the situation...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(18-08-2022, 05:50 PM)king1 Wrote: Clearly some individuals have become a bit desensitised to these sort of events, feel free to report any posts that breach the rules... 
In my defence, the revelation this afternoon that the victims were children has changed the situation...

I just cannot see past the hurt and trauma, and family tragedy of this awful business. Imagine for a moment if those were our children.
Sometimes we just need to pause and think beyond the headlines.
(18-08-2022, 04:45 PM)Magenta69 Wrote: On the Herald website, - apparently the remains are believed to be 2 young children. Very sad.
Thats horrible. This is not only a terrible thing for the victims but also their families and the household involved in the discovery.
Hopefully they can figure out whos family they belong to.

All seems very strange. I guess more news will come out, usually when children are reported missing, we hear something about it on the news.

More info from the news...
https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/18/human...en-police/
Looks like there is a possibility that the victims may not even have come from NZ, looks like interpol is now involved.
Quite likely everything in that unit has possibly arrived into NZ from overseas.
(18-08-2022, 06:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(18-08-2022, 05:50 PM)king1 Wrote: Clearly some individuals have become a bit desensitised to these sort of events, feel free to report any posts that breach the rules... 

I just cannot see past the hurt and trauma, and family tragedy of this awful business. Imagine for a moment if those were our children.
What struck me was the fact that they've said that they know that there are relations in NZ, so some poor soul will be about to get the worst possible news.

It just doesn't bear thinking about.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(18-08-2022, 07:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(18-08-2022, 06:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I just cannot see past the hurt and trauma, and family tragedy of this awful business. Imagine for a moment if those were our children.
What struck me was the fact that they've said that they know that there are relations in NZ, so some poor soul will be about to get the worst possible news.

It just doesn't bear thinking about.
Hopefully they are not the ones who rented out the storage unit.
The storage company rented them out.
Apparently a reporter visited the people at the house in Manurewa yesterday. Why don't they leave these poor people alone. We know they had nothing further to do with this case and they probably don't know anymore than we do. They will be traumatised enough already and even more so if reporters keep bothering them.
(21-08-2022, 10:24 AM)Magenta69 Wrote: Apparently a reporter visited the people at the house in Manurewa yesterday. Why don't they leave these poor people alone. We know they had nothing further to do with this case and they probably don't know anymore than we do. They will be traumatised enough already and even more so if reporters keep bothering them.
It must have been a slow news day, thats the problem with the media today they just keep going on about the same old thing , they just wont let it go, lets hope he was told to F Off!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(21-08-2022, 10:24 AM)Magenta69 Wrote: Apparently a reporter visited the people at the house in Manurewa yesterday. Why don't they leave these poor people alone. We know they had nothing further to do with this case and they probably don't know anymore than we do. They will be traumatised enough already and even more so if reporters keep bothering them.
Yes, to visit people when they know very well they have no involvement is in extremely poor taste, given what these people are already having to cope with.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(21-08-2022, 10:30 AM)Oldfellah Wrote:
It must have been a slow news day, thats the problem with the media today they just keep going on about the same old thing , they just wont let it go, lets hope he was told to F Off!
Looking on the bright side at least it gets the rugby out of the lead news category. The successes or failures of a sports team may be of interest in the entertainment/sports section but to consider it more important than many international issues occurring currently is ridiculous.
(21-08-2022, 12:28 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-08-2022, 10:30 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: It must have been a slow news day, thats the problem with the media today they just keep going on about the same old thing , they just wont let it go, lets hope he was told to F Off!
Looking on the bright side at least it gets the rugby out of the lead news category. The successes or failures of a sports team may be of interest in the entertainment/sports section but to consider it more important than many international issues occurring currently is ridiculous.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... Dodgy
(21-08-2022, 12:28 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-08-2022, 10:30 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: It must have been a slow news day, thats the problem with the media today they just keep going on about the same old thing , they just wont let it go, lets hope he was told to F Off!
YES! The radio news is especially annoying when there's anything even remotely interesting in the sports world, there might be perhaps 2-3 items of actual news & then they wheel out many, many items about sport.
Although to be fair, sports is not entirely without merit - any cricket commentary can put people to sleep almost instantly. Or maybe that's just me... Big Grin Rolleyes
I hate to agree with the Far Right nutcases, but the media feeds us a pile of shit, and it has an agender. I don't watch TV news anymore, but go to TVNZ and 3 News websites, and balance that with Stuff, The Guardian, The Spinoff etc...and pick what I want to view. The radio is background noise at work, and tells me when to have lunch.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(21-08-2022, 04:32 PM).Zurdo Wrote: I hate to agree with the Far Right nutcases, but the media feeds us a pile of shit, and it has an agender. I don't watch TV news anymore, but go to TVNZ and 3 News websites, and balance that with Stuff, The Guardian, The Spinoff etc...and pick what I want to view. The radio is background noise at work, and tells me when to have lunch.

Completely agree.
I find Sky news Australia very good too, they say things how they are and dont beat round the bush.

We now have the platform with Sean Plunket, he is very good. He recently did a good interview asking Chantelle Baker some very tough questions.