Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NZ needs a new direction...
(19-08-2022, 09:50 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(19-08-2022, 06:49 PM)king1 Wrote: Did I read that correctly, 7 Kids?  The cancer is terrible for her but was she ever planning on getting back to work ...
Its sad to hear about her situation, but 7 kids is alot to have.
Perhaps she is genuine and we shouldnt judge her, but I know there are cases where parents abuse this system to get the support payments.

This also makes me wonder how much gloriavale is using their large number of babies to exploit the system? Huh
Having 7 kids is I think, not the best idea in these times - but we don't know the circumstances, don't know whether or not she's one of those unfortunate people who have huge problems with contraception, don't know whether her kids are all from one father  - though I wonder, why is it never a problem when men have kids with several different women?

The situation is that she clearly needs help; perhaps we could just provide that without judging & then once she & her family are settled, give her some support in coping with the situation.

And I think probably the Gloriavale comment is right on the button.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)