Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Topp Twins, tribute show
It was announced that Lynda has had to stop chemotherapy due to side effects. That doesn't sound too good.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment...R3QTD42IQ/

"New Zealanders are rallying together to show their support for two of the country's biggest stars.
Taking place on November 7 at The Civic in Auckland, New Zealand's top musicians and comedians will pay tribute to Dames Lynda and Jools Topp as they continue their battle against cancer.

Staring Tami Neilson, Anika Moa, Ria Hall, Dame Hinewehi Mohi, Troy Kingi, Jackie Clarke, Annie Crummer and Don McGlashan, the stars will perform Topp Twins songs but with a twist."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment...PFHEIKTBU/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Its sad news for them both, i hope she can find an alternative treatment that will work.
They have raised a good amount through givealittle too.
Yes, I hope something else can at least help her.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I have a wonderful memory of the first time I was aware of the Topps. It was at the first Hero parade in Queen Street and they were sitting in one of the LBGT floats after their performance. A male yobbo yelled something threatening and insulting at the float and both Topps immediately jumped off and chased him down the street, yelling something like "piss off you moron". In that context it was heroic behaviour, protecting their friends and their rights to occupy the street.
(03-09-2022, 07:36 PM)Olive Wrote: I have a wonderful memory of the first time I was aware of the Topps.  It was at the first Hero parade in Queen Street and they were sitting in one of the LBGT floats after their performance.  A male yobbo yelled something threatening and insulting at the float and both Topps immediately jumped off and chased him down the street, yelling something like "piss off you moron".    In that context it was heroic behaviour, protecting their friends and their rights to occupy the street.
Excellent - I'd like to think someone got that on film but probably not. Bet he got one hell of a fright, & a good thing too!
Big Grin Big Grin
Sadly as many people have found out their is no alternative treatment to cancer, I wishe there were and some good people I know would be alive today  Sad
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular