Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM protests causing covid to spread further
It looks like cases are surging again in the US and also Australia.
Perhaps im wrong, but it appears to me that the BLM protests have spread it round.
cases in the US are back over 30K per day, and they had declined to under 20K per day when i was looking at the stats.
When there is community transmission of the virus any gathering which brings people into close contact will potentially aid in spreading the virus. The BLM protests certainly fit that criteria.
So do election rallies and sports events which do not practice adequate distancing.
I do not think the virus discriminates and the recent spikes can probably be attributed to a combination of factors.
(26-06-2020, 08:26 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: When there is community transmission of the virus any gathering which brings people into close contact will potentially aid in spreading the virus.  The BLM protests certainly fit that criteria.
So do election rallies and sports events which do not practice adequate distancing.
I do not think the virus discriminates and the recent spikes can probably be attributed to a combination of factors.
yes I agree, I also think that they started to allow church services and other public gatherings again too in some areas.
Great interview of Laurie Garrett by Michael Moore. Laurie's take on the US's, and global, situation regarding COVID is brutally honest and damning of Trump's lack of effective leadership. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep...0482810591
(25-06-2020, 10:54 AM)nzoomed Wrote: It looks like cases are surging again in the US and also Australia.
Perhaps im wrong, but it appears to me that the BLM protests have spread it round.
cases in the US are back over 30K per day, and they had declined to under 20K per day when i was l

looks like looting is a sympton of the "flu"?