Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannah Spierer; what happened?
Apparently she was at one time a potential environmental activist who spoke against islamophobia. Before she went down the rabbit hole. These people are not, apparently happy with life in the 21st century & would clearly be far more comfortable in the 19th century.

And again, that particular aspect of only the role of home & motherhood for women  isn't new; it was something beloved of the Nazis & its also very common among the religious right wing in America. Scary stuff for anyone familiar with history, or The handmaid's tale. Dodgy

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1297653...ah-spierer

"She was once Auckland University’s campus co-convenor of the Green Party who spoke out about Islamophobia – so what happened to Counterspin co-founder Hannah Spierer? NADINE PORTER investigates.
“Let’s raise our girls to be mothers,” the eloquently spoken voice says to a large crowd in Wellington.
“And to want to be homemakers and be family orientated,” the woman continues. “Because at the end of the day that’s what all this gender confusion is about.”
The audience welcomes Hannah Spierer’s speech, especially the many middle-aged women.
“I personally think it’s time we stopped pushing feminism,” the 37-year-old proclaimed earlier in her speech, glancing over at her assenting partner Kelvyn Alp before going on to denounce Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern as a toxic feminist.

Any mention of Ardern elicits the biggest applause, and prompts Alp to further denigrate the PM and suggest New Zealand’s “woke” military leaders should be decapitated. He then clarifies he meant this figuratively – due to the danger of being arrested.

In all of it, Spierer stands beside her man, nodding as she has done on their Counterspin Media platform for over a year."

A somewhat different view.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3006210...m-movement

"Homeschooled in New Zealand in a Christian fundamentalist household, Blake was taught that women existed to serve their man. 

“Hearing the same viewpoint about women belonging at home, about feminism being dangerous, about women needing to have children young, about women needing to shut up and let men talk, the concept that suddenly we are over toxic masculinity, all these talking points that I had heard from all my religious instruction growing up were suddenly being parroted, and I was like ‘Oh no, oh no’,” Blake says.

“Seeing the recent surge with the marriage of QAnon and Q-adjacent theories with this fundamentalist Christian worldview is frankly terrifying.”

Massey University PhD researcher Donna Carson says misogyny is a key component of almost every extremist ideology, but in trying to expand their reach white supremacists have realised they need women to promote their worldview. “They know women can sell it, and if they can hook women in on that traditional family nous it’s not too hard to indoctrinate them into these other beliefs,” 
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-09-2022, 03:43 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Apparently she was at one time a potential environmental activist who spoke against islamophobia. Before she went down the rabbit hole. These people are not, apparently happy with life in the 21st century & would clearly be far more comfortable in the 19th century.

And again, that particular aspect of only the role of home & motherhood for women  isn't new; it was something beloved of the Nazis & its also very common among the religious right wing in America. Scary stuff for anyone familiar with history, or The handmaid's tale. Dodgy

"She was once Auckland University’s campus co-convenor of the Green Party who spoke out about Islamophobia – so what happened to Counterspin co-founder Hannah Spierer? NADINE PORTER investigates.
“Let’s raise our girls to be mothers,” the eloquently spoken voice says to a large crowd in Wellington.
“And to want to be homemakers and be family orientated,” the woman continues. “Because at the end of the day that’s what all this gender confusion is about.”
The audience welcomes Hannah Spierer’s speech, especially the many middle-aged women.
“I personally think it’s time we stopped pushing feminism,” the 37-year-old proclaimed earlier in her speech, glancing over at her assenting partner Kelvyn Alp before going on to denounce Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern as a toxic feminist.

Any mention of Ardern elicits the biggest applause, and prompts Alp to further denigrate the PM and suggest New Zealand’s “woke” military leaders should be decapitated. He then clarifies he meant this figuratively – due to the danger of being arrested.

In all of it, Spierer stands beside her man, nodding as she has done on their Counterspin Media platform for over a year."

"Homeschooled in New Zealand in a Christian fundamentalist household, Blake was taught that women existed to serve their man. 

“Hearing the same viewpoint about women belonging at home, about feminism being dangerous, about women needing to have children young, about women needing to shut up and let men talk, the concept that suddenly we are over toxic masculinity, all these talking points that I had heard from all my religious instruction growing up were suddenly being parroted, and I was like ‘Oh no, oh no’,” Blake says.

“Seeing the recent surge with the marriage of QAnon and Q-adjacent theories with this fundamentalist Christian worldview is frankly terrifying.”

Massey University PhD researcher Donna Carson says misogyny is a key component of almost every extremist ideology, but in trying to expand their reach white supremacists have realised they need women to promote their worldview. “They know women can sell it, and if they can hook women in on that traditional family nous it’s not too hard to indoctrinate them into these other beliefs,” 
Mmmm, that article started to wobble for me the moment Paul Buchanan was mentioned. He is the first person I ever encountered who actually believes in the Deep State conspiracy...
(03-09-2022, 05:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 03:43 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Apparently she was at one time a potential environmental activist who spoke against islamophobia. Before she went down the rabbit hole. These people are not, apparently happy with life in the 21st century & would clearly be far more comfortable in the 19th century.

Mmmm, that article started to wobble for me the moment Paul Buchanan was mentioned. He is the first person I ever encountered who actually believes in the Deep State conspiracy...
I've not heard of him before reading the article.
Looked him up & found this - is it the same person?

https://36th-parallel.com/about-us/
"Besides his academic background (which includes lecturing and mentoring  junior intelligence officers in Latin American affairs and unconventional warfare), Buchanan has provided regional, subject and country-specific analysis and advice to senior US military, intelligence and diplomatic decision-makers." 
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-09-2022, 06:56 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 05:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Mmmm, that article started to wobble for me the moment Paul Buchanan was mentioned. He is the first person I ever encountered who actually believes in the Deep State conspiracy...
I've not heard of him before reading the article.
Looked him up & found this - is it the same person?

https://36th-parallel.com/about-us/
"Besides his academic background (which includes lecturing and mentoring  junior intelligence officers in Latin American affairs and unconventional warfare), Buchanan has provided regional, subject and country-specific analysis and advice to senior US military, intelligence and diplomatic decision-makers." 
That's him. He talks a good game, but my intuition  doesn't like him.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-email-...NKFQNDZZE/

I don't like the cut of his jib.
(03-09-2022, 07:29 PM)Olive Wrote: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-email-...NKFQNDZZE/

That was quite a nasty reaction to someone whose dad had just died. Dodgy

He might be better suited to living in the USA.
You can take the man out of America, but not the US out of the man.

It is something worth remembering when we think about immigration.
(04-09-2022, 12:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You can take the man out of America, but not the US out of the man.

It is something worth remembering when we think about immigration.
We could perhaps have a trial period, with plenty of help & learning about our way of life before anyone's accepted as an immigrant
(03-09-2022, 07:29 PM)Olive Wrote: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-email-...NKFQNDZZE/

His spelling was drunken.

What happened to Hannah?

Stupid will stupid
(19-09-2022, 09:58 PM)Foal30 Wrote:

His spelling was drunken.

What happened to Hannah?

Stupid will stupid
Alas for the rest of us, eh. Rolleyes