Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council elections; interesting candidates
To say the least. These take place next month & among candidates are five people linked to the VFF lot. And the wizard.
Its very tempting to vote for one of the more colourful characters... Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/christchur...VANCRQ3GE/

"A colourful cast of characters including a wizard, an anti-mandates pastor, a serving city councillor and businessman, an anti-stadium campaigner, a former health boss, and a champion of something called "economics euthenics" are all jostling to become the new Christchurch mayor.

Eleven candidates have been confirmed to contest the Garden City mayoralty race in this year's local body elections on October 8.

The winner will replace three-term Lianne Dalziel who has led the city since 2013.

Nominations closed on Friday and attracted several serial contenders including Tubby Hansen on the Economics Euthenics ticket, who has stood in every triennial election since 1971, and independent Peter Wakeman who has previously stood in 1998, 2007, 2010 and 2013, as well as controversial anti-mandates churchman Carl Bromley and 89-year-old Wizard of NZ, aka Ian Brackenbury Channell."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/1...ristchurch

https://thespinoff.co.nz/local-elections...rks-of-art
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
good to see the ol' wizard is still kicking...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Tubby seems like an 'interesting' character... wonder what his policy is on mental health issues

(13-09-2022, 03:56 PM)king1 Wrote: Tubby seems like an 'interesting' character... wonder what his policy is on mental health issues
I'm fairly sure most of us are wondering that! I'm hoping none of them do door-knocking... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-09-2022, 03:44 PM)king1 Wrote: good to see the ol' wizard is still kicking...

Tubby likes Car Crushers
Im going to vote for all that oppose three waters.
(20-09-2022, 10:32 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Im going to vote for all that oppose three waters.
Fine - just be prepared for the rates increases when your local authority has to renew their 3 waters infrastructure without central government assistance...
I do have other cameras!
I don’t live in Auckland but I hope Efeseo Collins wins the mayoralty
(20-09-2022, 02:37 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(20-09-2022, 10:32 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Im going to vote for all that oppose three waters.
Fine - just be prepared for the rates increases when your local authority has to renew their 3 waters infrastructure without central government assistance...

Thats the whole issue, 3 waters means our water bills will climb just to offset the costs for councils that have done a shit job.
(20-09-2022, 11:15 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(20-09-2022, 02:37 PM)Praktica Wrote: Fine - just be prepared for the rates increases when your local authority has to renew their 3 waters infrastructure without central government assistance...

Thats the whole issue, 3 waters means our water bills will climb just to offset the costs for councils that have done a shit job.
That's evidently most of them.
I do have other cameras!
(21-09-2022, 11:12 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(20-09-2022, 11:15 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Thats the whole issue, 3 waters means our water bills will climb just to offset the costs for councils that have done a shit job.
That's evidently most of them.
Not 100% correct, there are quite a few councils that have got it good.
Particularly in many small rural towns where they have good infrastructure.

Main centres may be different, but a few major councils have got it good.
Also for "technical support" if your drain is blocked on the street, you will have to call your nearest water authority which will be over 100km away from where we live.
Much better to deal with your local council dont you think?
BTW, there is a great deal of kiwis against 3 waters, except for those who live under shit councils who are happy for the rest of kiwis to pay for their mistakes.

Our water in all the main centres is perfectly safe to drink, the whole hawkes bay scandal was just an excuse for putting this legislation into practice.
(21-09-2022, 11:44 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 11:12 AM)Praktica Wrote: That's evidently most of them.
Not 100% correct, there are quite a few councils that have got it good.
Particularly in many small rural towns where they have good infrastructure.

Main centres may be different, but a few major councils have got it good.
Also for "technical support" if your drain is blocked on the street, you will have to call your nearest water authority which will be over 100km away from where we live.
Much better to deal with your local council dont you think?
BTW, there is a great deal of kiwis against 3 waters, except for those who live under shit councils who are happy for the rest of kiwis to pay for their mistakes.

Our water in all the main centres is perfectly safe to drink, the whole hawkes bay scandal was just an excuse for putting this legislation into practice.
This one is one of those long term thinking decisions that have to be made for the greater good of all New Zealanders. 

Water infrastructure is not up to standard in many areas and the problem is only going to get worse over time.   and then guess what will happen, we will be back to the good old postcode lottery for water quality, [sarcasm] a lottery which has served New Zealand  so well in the health sector [/sarcasm].

All I can say is it is about time some politicians have finally decided to start planning for all New Zealanders beyond the next election cycle...

and this tool will make it useful to assist voters Smile

https://www.howtovote.nz/

Admin Comment

For clarity, the link above is for a website provided by New Zealand Taxpayers' Union.

The official 'how to vote' website provided by the NZ government is at vote.nz
(21-09-2022, 12:13 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: and this tool will make it useful to assist voters Smile

And you post a link to a Taxpayers Union page. I suppose your next effort will be on behalf of voices for freedom...
I do have other cameras!
(21-09-2022, 01:19 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 12:13 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: and this tool will make it useful to assist voters Smile

And you post a link to a Taxpayers Union page. I suppose your next effort will be on behalf of voices for freedom...
They are not affiliated with VFF, in fact alot of their values would conflict with those of many VFF members.
(21-09-2022, 01:23 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 01:19 PM)Praktica Wrote: And you post a link to a Taxpayers Union page. I suppose your next effort will be on behalf of voices for freedom...
They are not affiliated with VFF, in fact alot of their values would conflict with those of many VFF members.
That must be a tricky moral judgement - like choosing between dogshit and cowshit.
I do have other cameras!
teach me not to click through, I thought that was legit. "Admin Note" pending...

(21-09-2022, 01:48 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 01:23 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: They are not affiliated with VFF, in fact alot of their values would conflict with those of many VFF members.
That must be a tricky moral judgement - like choosing between dogshit and cowshit.
lol seriously?
National and ACT are happy to attend their meetings, same cant be said for VFF.
How can you even compare the two?
(21-09-2022, 09:42 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 01:48 PM)Praktica Wrote: That must be a tricky moral judgement - like choosing between dogshit and cowshit.
lol seriously?
Just think what that says about National and ACT.
I do have other cameras!
(22-09-2022, 07:45 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 09:42 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: lol seriously?
Just think what that says about National and ACT.

It tells me they want to listen. Not that im a big fan of National at all.
ACT is the best we currently have in govt, but would like to see NZF back.