Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parcel delivery - aramex
Ordered something online the other week, for the wifey - signature was required

was due to be delivered Monday last week

Wednesday, I find a card in the letter box dated Tuesday.  No big deal I think to myself (still wondering how i missed it - both the wife and I work from home). Request a redelivery all will be sweet.   While i'm sending the message online for a redelivery I notice the original delivery was made at 6.17AM.  WTF I think to myself, who the hell is up at that time to sign for a parcel...

So being inquisitive I pull up the security camera footage for Tuesday 6.17AM (it was snowing, that was nice...) - driver pulls up to the end of the driveway, gets out of the van and goes straight to the letterbox (presumably to insert the card to say we tried to deliver your parcel), back in the van then drives off...  Does that even count as a delivery attempt?

Thursday I have a parcel to send to Auckland and I think oh well might as well give him a reason to come back, so book it through Aramex via TM.  

Sadly, today, it is still sitting on the hallway table, and I still don't have my delivery...  I guess that will be the first and last time I use Aramex 

But I was also reading this article last week, so I will try not to judge them too harshly... 
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/rebecca-on-aramex
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yes, we get the card in the letterbox, they don't bother to come up the drive. And if it's NZ Post, they aren't open Saturday morning...like, take a day off to pick up your parcel ?
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Ring them. If you are lucky you will get a guy by the name of Francis, who is absolutely magic at tracking down parcels and putting recalcitrant drivers back in their place. I have had to call him twice about no pick ups, so recommend that personal contact.
We're presently on an obedience implementation attempt to get the items NZ Couriers deliver for us signed for by the recipients. Despite hi viz "Please Obtain Signature" stickers we have ongoing instances of the item being signed for by "letterbox" or "back door", or the name on the address label is entered as the signing person when the recipient did not even see the courier during delivery (as reported by customers and friends as recipients).

NZ Couriers adopted a contactless delivery protocol in order to satisfy COVID19 safety measures but it seems that many of their couriers have taken this as an opportunity to dispense with signature required measures. NZ Couriers' website states that if a signature can't be obtained then a missed delivery card will be left but it seems that this is too much effort for their staff.

We have investigated CourierPost who I am very dubious about using as we have had numerous issues with them as a recipient in the past and their failure to follow up on our enquiry would seem to support my doubts. Aramex have cold called a coupe of times now but again I'm concerned about a 'fryingpan, fire' trade off if we go there and this thread would seem to confirm that suspicion.
(13-09-2022, 08:00 PM)king1 Wrote: Ordered something online the other week, for the wifey - signature was required

Wednesday, I find a card in the letter box dated Tuesday.  No big deal I think to myself (still wondering how i missed it - both the wife and I work from home).  Request a redelivery all will be sweet.   While i'm sending the message online for a redelivery I notice the original delivery was made at 6.17AM.  WTF I think to myself, who the hell is up at that time to sign for a parcel...

So being inquisitive I pull up the security camera footage for Tuesday 6.17AM (it was snowing, that was nice...) - driver pulls up to the end of the driveway, gets out of the van and goes straight to the letterbox (presumably to insert the card to say we tried to deliver your parcel), back in the van then drives off...  Does that even count as a delivery attempt?

Thursday I have a parcel to send to Auckland and I think oh well might as well give him a reason to come back, so book it through Aramex via TM.  

Sadly, today, it is still sitting on the hallway table, and I still don't have my delivery...  I guess that will be the first and last time I use Aramex 

But I was also reading this article last week, so I will try not to judge them too harshly... 

Its a similar situation in many countries. Ken Loach made a movie, Sorry we missed you, about it which sums it up very well. People buy into it believing they're going to be working for themselves but quickly find they're on a treadmill.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/ma...-ken-loach

"Director Ken Loach and screenwriter Paul Laverty have come storming back to Cannes with another tactlessly passionate bulletin from the heart of modern Britain, the land of zero-hours vassalage and service-economy serfdom – a film in the tradition of Loach’s previous work and reaching back to Vittorio De Sica’s Bicycle Thieves. It’s fierce, open and angry, unironised and unadorned, about a vital contemporary issue whose implications you somehow don’t hear on the news."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(14-09-2022, 11:35 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(13-09-2022, 08:00 PM)king1 Wrote: Ordered something online the other week, for the wifey - signature was required

Wednesday, I find a card in the letter box dated Tuesday.  No big deal I think to myself (still wondering how i missed it - both the wife and I work from home).  Request a redelivery all will be sweet.   While i'm sending the message online for a redelivery I notice the original delivery was made at 6.17AM.  WTF I think to myself, who the hell is up at that time to sign for a parcel...

Its a similar situation in many countries. Ken Loach made a movie, Sorry we missed you, about it which sums it up very well. People buy into it believing they're going to be working for themselves but quickly find they're on a treadmill.

"Director Ken Loach and screenwriter Paul Laverty have come storming back to Cannes with another tactlessly passionate bulletin from the heart of modern Britain, the land of zero-hours vassalage and service-economy serfdom – a film in the tradition of Loach’s previous work and reaching back to Vittorio De Sica’s Bicycle Thieves. It’s fierce, open and angry, unironised and unadorned, about a vital contemporary issue whose implications you somehow don’t hear on the news."
Similar story on an international supply chain basis. A very interesting doco Sad

(14-09-2022, 12:03 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(14-09-2022, 11:35 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its a similar situation in many countries. Ken Loach made a movie, Sorry we missed you, about it which sums it up very well. People buy into it believing they're going to be working for themselves but quickly find they're on a treadmill.

Similar story on an international supply chain basis. A very interesting doco Sad

Its going to be really interesting if America continues to bring back various industries to their country. And imo, Amazon & other similar  firms need to give their workers a fairer go; better working conditions & wages needed.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(14-09-2022, 12:03 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(14-09-2022, 11:35 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its a similar situation in many countries. Ken Loach made a movie, Sorry we missed you, about it which sums it up very well. People buy into it believing they're going to be working for themselves but quickly find they're on a treadmill.

that was an interesting watch and goes a long way towards explaining what's going on with couriers. 
The statement around 42:45 explains a lot, basically limiting companies liabilities, and limiting their responsibility for workers working conditions

quick update:
parcel I am waiting for hasn't been delivered
pickup I paid for via TM still hadn't been picked up this morning.
This afternoon I took it down to NZ post. Trademe were nice enough to credit the courier fees. Baffles me as to why it is so difficult for Aramex to do their actual job…

I had a sale earlier this week, and my listings always state courier on Wednesday. And when I book the courier the details go to the buyer by email at that time so they can track. Yesterday I get an email asking if I had posted the item yet.

So I track the package and find it was delivered to the letterbox on Thursday. I advise the buyer accordingly, only to be told a bit later that yes, it was there, they just hadn't checked...

Some people just need close supervision.
(17-09-2022, 09:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I had a sale earlier this week, and my listings always state courier on Wednesday. And when I book the courier the details go to the buyer by email at that time so they can track. Yesterday I get an email asking if I had posted the item yet.

So I track the package and find it was delivered to the letterbox on Thursday. I advise the buyer accordingly, only to be told a bit later that yes, it was there, they just hadn't checked...

Some people just need close supervision.
Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
That's nothing down here Marlborough, it's so bad with Aramex that I will only use NZ Post Courier as I know it will be delivered quickly not like Aramex when watching the tracking see it get delayed so often that I have gone to the Depot in Blenheim after waiting 3 weeks and find the item sitting there, so anyone who is selling on Trademe with their shipping cost already up gets that price checked by me before I even consider buying the item because if it is Aramex puts me right off so can I suggest if any of you are sellers can you put who your using for Courier or give the buyer the choice of who they want
Crab2
I had a weird one. Bought a little tyre air compressor on TM, courier was booked for am 9th. Pm 9th I get an email saying no one home to handover. I assumed it meant me being out so asked for redelivery. Turned out it was the commercial sender not at home... (Why send me the email?) Then it took another day for them to send, promising same day delivery across town, and it got here yesterday in the afternoon.

Weirdness.

I do like it though. Can't wait for the rain to stop so I can put some air in the scoot's tyres...
(13-11-2022, 02:53 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I had a weird one. Bought a little tyre air compressor on TM, courier was booked for am 9th. Pm 9th I get an email saying no one home to handover. I assumed it meant me being out so asked for redelivery. Turned out it was the commercial sender not at home... (Why send me the email?) Then it took another day for them to send, promising same day delivery across town, and it got here yesterday in the afternoon.

Weirdness.

I do like it though. Can't wait for the rain to stop so I can put some air in the scoot's tyres...

sounds like the seller was having a bad day at the office lol 

the last time I used Aramex (without my knowledge until I asked for the tracking number) was misdirected to Timaru which is nowhere near Picton sheesh
Crab2
So, my rug sold for more than I expected to a lovely buyer who collects Afghani rugs - so lovely he sent me a photo of the rug on his floor so I could see how it looked. I was a bit surprised when TM charged me a commission, so I emailed and queried it as I understood it was a fee free listing and second lovely thing of the day TM refunded the fee, but pointed out I wasn't one of their selected freebie traders, lol. So I said a kind friend had let me in on the deal and we weren't aware it wasn't for everyone . So now I have a fat credit on my TM account, I'll have to find some more treasures to list to use it up!

Interesting day all round...
Same thing happened again with these Aramex clowns - 'attempted' delivery an 6.50am this morning, security footage shows them pull up to the letterbox and card goes straight in it, didn't set foot in the property
I'm beginning to believe they must get a few extra cents for redeliveries...