Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodies found in mass grave, Ukraine$00 bodies have been found near
400 bodies have been found near Izium, Ukraine which was recently retaken from Russian troops.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/09/16/400-b...aine-city/

Sergei Bolvinov, a senior investigator for Ukrainian police in the eastern Kharkiv region, told British TV broadcaster Sky News that a pit containing more than 440 bodies was discovered near Izium after Kyiv’s forces swept in. He described the grave as "one of the largest burial sites in any one liberated city."

Some of the people buried in the pit were shot. Others died from artillery fire, mines or airstrikes. Many of the bodies have not been identified yet, Bolvinov said."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
There's a possibility that Putin could eventually be charged with war crimes. It wouldn't be easy but it could happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/a...kraine-icc

"Can Putin be held personally responsible for his troops’ actions?

The prosecution could argue that Putin and his inner circle committed a war crime by directly ordering an illegal attack or knew crimes were being committed and failed to prevent them. This case may be hard to prove in isolation but if it fits a wider pattern across Ukraine, it becomes more compelling. The US had accused Russia of war crimes even before Bucha.

Philippe Sands, a professor at University College London, told the Associated Press: “You’ve got to prove that they knew or they could have known or should have known. There’s a real risk you end up with trials of mid-level people in three years and the main people responsible for this horror – Putin, Lavrov, the minister of defence, the intelligence folks, the military folks and the financiers who are supporting it – will get off the hook.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-60690688

"A court in Ukraine has jailed a Russian tank commander for life for killing a civilian at the first war crimes trial since the conflict began.

Ukraine says it has identified more than 21,000 possible war crimes,

The International Criminal Court has also sent a team of investigators and forensics experts to the country - but the Russian government denies it has been targeting civilians.

It may not seem like it, but "even war has rules", as the International Committee of the Red Cross puts it.

These are contained in treaties called the Geneva Conventions and a string of other international laws and agreements.

Civilians cannot be deliberately attacked - nor can the infrastructure that is vital to their survival.

The 21-year-old Russian tank commander Vadim Shishimarin admitted shooting 62-year-old Oleksandr Shelipov in the head, a few days after the invasion began.
Sentencing Shishimarin, the judge said he had committed "a crime against peace, security, humanity and the international legal order" and that only a life sentence was appropriate."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Will Putin still be alive to be charged with war crimes? A lot of unrest at the top I believe.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(16-09-2022, 06:24 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Will Putin still be alive to be charged with war crimes? A lot of unrest at the top I believe.
and impending regime change?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
As long as the new regime dont think like the old regime! I wonder how long it would take to get the world back to some sort of normal once Putin has been disposed of?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I read things like this, and wonder - how could anyone possibly complain about living in NZ.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(16-09-2022, 06:24 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Will Putin still be alive to be charged with war crimes? A lot of unrest at the top I believe.
It seems so. Slightly worrying though, that he's now cosying up to the Chinese.
China & Russia together would be unlikely to be good news for the rest of the world.
Numerous reports coming out today that Putin has survived an assassination attempt: https://www.newsweek.com/russia-vladimir...ck-1743130
I would imagine China would be very wary of being seen to support a war effort. They pride themselves on having a military that does not engage in aggression and only serves as a defense force. Although their idea of defense might be arguable...
Probably assassination could be the only means of removing Putin from power. It would have to be extremely carefully done though.
Someone give Putin a bullet already! He is a war criminal.
Anyway, anyone hear the news that Israel attacked the iranian drone factory in Syria?
They were supposed to be supplying Russia with drones, now they cant make any!
Not looking good for putin.

(17-09-2022, 09:37 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I would imagine China would be very wary of being seen to support a war effort. They pride themselves on having a military that does not engage in aggression and only serves as a defense force. Although their idea of defense might be arguable...
Yup, I agree, and all the chinese weapons found behind by the russians turn out to be old stock from the 1970s and was supplied to Russia by another former soviet country from their stockpiles and not from China.