Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian retreat
It seems that the private Russian views are very different to their public one. They must be desperate if they're posting recruitment posters on public transport & psychiatric hospitals.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62914958

[b]Russia's retreat from Kharkiv, north-eastern Ukraine, has exposed key weaknesses in the supplies and staffing of the nation's armed forces, Russian veterans and military bloggers say.[/b]
"You have no idea how tired I am to say hello to someone in the morning and then have to identify his remains later the same day," one Russian officer serving as a marine in Ukraine reportedly confided over the phone to a former colleague back home, who published it on his Telegram channel.
"Just yesterday two of my sniper groups were destroyed by a tank. Three men died instantly, the fourth one fought for his life for an hour and a half, another one in critical condition was taken to hospital. We have hardly any men left and we are holding a front line dozens of kilometres long."

While Russian officials and state media are trying to play down the Russian forces' retreat from Kharkiv, individual war reporters, veterans and influential military bloggers are acknowledging numerous challenges within closed messaging channels.

Blogs and Telegram channels are littered with stories of inadequate equipment and personnel, compounded by a rigid operational hierarchy."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
On Telegram - wow.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
I am certain if Putin is backed into a corner he will say stuff it and unleash a nuke with no remorse what so ever.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(19-09-2022, 08:08 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I am certain if Putin is backed into a corner he will say stuff it and unleash a nuke with no remorse what so ever.
sadly, I am inclined to agree
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Just have to hope the winds are right and get him too...
(19-09-2022, 09:02 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just have to hope the winds are right and get him too...
And preferably, first. He's former KGB so utterly ruthless, so I think the only way he can be stopped is assassination. Or an actual heart attack.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-09-2022, 08:22 AM)king1 Wrote:
(19-09-2022, 08:08 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I am certain if Putin is backed into a corner he will say stuff it and unleash a nuke with no remorse what so ever.
sadly, I am inclined to agree
Would he really be that stupid? I think he would be more inclined to use chemical weapons as was talked about in the media, but that would guarantee NATO intervening and an end to his regime. Using nukes would mean the end of Russia.

Either way, im proud of ukraine how they have handled the situation, they are doing an amazing job at pushing the orcs out of the country.
Zelensky is an admirable leader, very defiant and reassuring person to have right at this time.

Its a big balls up for Russia and its an embarrassment to see the state of their army, look at all those abandoned tanks everywhere, they are all outdated soviet crap.
They belong in a museum, not a battlefield.
At the end of the day its already over for Putin and he knows it
(20-09-2022, 10:31 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(19-09-2022, 08:22 AM)king1 Wrote: sadly, I am inclined to agree
Would he really be that stupid? I think he would be more inclined to use chemical weapons as was talked about in the media, but that would guarantee NATO intervening and an end to his regime. Using nukes would mean the end of Russia.

Either way, im proud of ukraine how they have handled the situation, they are doing an amazing job at pushing the orcs out of the country.
Zelensky is an admirable leader, very defiant and reassuring person to have right at this time.

Its a big balls up for Russia and its an embarrassment to see the state of their army, look at all those abandoned tanks everywhere, they are all outdated soviet crap.
Great post, totally agree...  only time will tell just how stupid Putin is...

(20-09-2022, 11:24 AM)king1 Wrote:
(20-09-2022, 10:31 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Would he really be that stupid? I think he would be more inclined to use chemical weapons as was talked about in the media, but that would guarantee NATO intervening and an end to his regime. Using nukes would mean the end of Russia.

Great post, totally agree...  only time will tell just how stupid Putin is...

Well now it appears hes called for military mobilization, not sure what this really means, but looks like conscripts and prisoners will be called up for military duty, I wonder how well this will go down, it does appear there is a great deal who have no interest in fighting. Would be great if someone assassinates Putin sooner rather than later.
Just reading in the news that Russians of conscript age are buying one way tickets out of the place.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(22-09-2022, 09:58 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Just reading in the news that Russians of conscript age are buying one way tickets out of the place.
Yup, ive just been watching videos of the endless line of traffic at the border with finland!
This is going to create a problem, not only for Putin, but potentially Europe with all these people trying to flee Russia.

Would be good if more russians had the balls to stand up against their regime and overthrow it.
Could still happen, lots of protests are happening.
Those who can, are fleeing Russia & many are booking one way tickets. You have to feel sorry for those Russians who disagree with Putin.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...kraine-war
"Large numbers of Russians have rushed to book one-way tickets out of the country while they still could, after President Vladimir Putin announced a partial mobilisation of military reservists for the war in Ukraine.

Flights filled up quickly and the prices of fares for remaining connections skyrocketed, apparently driven by fears that Russia's borders could soon close, or of a broader call-up that might send many men of fighting age to the war’s front lines.
The price for flights from Moscow to Istanbul or Dubai increased within minutes before jumping again, reaching as high as €9200 (NZ$15,500) for a one-way economy flight."

Putin has stated that he isn't bluffing about using nuclear weapons. And those protesting the calling up of reservists have been arrested.

https://news.sky.com/story/putin-says-he...t-12702322

"The Russian president summons about 300,000 reserve troops after Ukraine's swift recapture of large amounts of territory in recent weeks. Mr Putin also says the West must take seriously his threat to use nuclear weapons - which he claims have some components more modern that NATO's.

President Putin has accused the West of engaging in "nuclear blackmail" and warned he has "lots of weapons to reply" as he called up 300,000 more troops to the Ukraine war.

In a rare address to the nation, he said he wasn't bluffing and would use "all the means available to us" if Russian territory was threatened."

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-more-...a-12702868

"Protesters have clashed with police in Moscow as anger erupted over Vladimir Putin's declaration of a partial mobilisation in Russia.

Crowds took to the streets of the Russian capital after the Kremlin announced 300,000 reserves would be called up to continue its invasion of Ukraine."
Now if this doesn't confirm to the Russian people that they have a madman at the helm, I am not sure what will...

(22-09-2022, 03:55 PM)king1 Wrote: Now if this doesn't confirm to the Russian people that they have a madman at the helm, I am not sure what will...
Some of them obviously are well aware, but that man still unbelievably, has a lot of support.
I think perhaps those who say that someone needs to assassinate Putin may be right; he can't really back down now without looking stupid, & as he might see it, weak, & probably his ego won't allow that.

Then again, I'd love to be wrong & see him step down peacefully from power.
Some are saying that Putin is now a 'dead man walking'

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...sian-ruler

"Vladimir Putin's nuclear threat and military mobilisation shows the Ukraine invasion is becoming an all-or-nothing war for the Russian leader, analysts say, and it will harden the resolve of New Zealand and Western partners.

"What we're witnessing here is a major turning point in Putin's regime. He's going to be very lucky to survive politically in the next few months ... He's a dead man walking,” said Professor Robert Patman, an international relations expert at Otago University."