Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voted
Tongue 
So, I read all the candidates statements, with my pen in hand. Badly worded, poor spelling, you're out. Faintly VFF, you're gone. Is that racism? Goneburger. You've been in for years and done nowt, out with you. A few more like that and I had them whittled down to the possibles and maybes. Then I started a bit of googling, and lost a couple more.

About an hour of work I reckon, but done and dusted. My civic duty complete for another cycle. Of course, that is bad luck for my chosen ticks. The ones I vote for rarely get in...  Big Grin
Not in the bin yet....but close. Nice paper, should burn well.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Pretty much everyone standing in our local will get in, which makes it rather difficult to eliminate the VFF-ers. Just need to identify the worst one...
Haven't done mine yet but have a pile of their 'information' to look through & then google if needed before voting. Just a matter of choosing the best of a bad bunch really, as usual.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I was able to use the link the CT provided in the other thread to work out who all the flakes were, and cross them out...

I also came across this website from/affiliated with Local Government New Zealand
seems to be slightly more impartial, but the odd candidate has chosen not to provide info to them
https://policy.nz/2022

Between those two sites and the info in the booklet I think we have a good handle on who's who
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Done & dusted. Some of the candidates were quite coy about themselves, not very forthcoming as to what they stand for so they didn't get my vote.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-09-2022, 04:03 PM)king1 Wrote: I was able to use the link the CT provided in the other thread to work out who all the flakes were, and cross them out...

I also came across this website from/affiliated with Local Government New Zealand
seems to be slightly more impartial, but the odd candidate has chosen not to provide info to them
https://policy.nz/2022

Between those two sites and the info in the booklet I think we have a good handle on who's who

Would have been good if it made it easy to sort out those that support co-governance and 3 waters, but still helpful.