Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karen's diner - human de-volution is here.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-...ce-in-town

Not so much due to the 'diner' but to the use of the term 'wait staff'.
Apparently, it is now far too difficult to use words of more than one or at most, two syllables, even if that means mutilating an existing word to do it - I give you 'hospo', a new term meaning (probably)  hospitality.
No clue as to what  an ex 'burrito artist' might be, but then they're Australian... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I give it 12 months - that will get real old, real soon...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-09-2022, 04:06 PM)king1 Wrote: I give it 12 months - that will get real old, real soon...
I think it might appeal to younger people, but I think you're right & once the novelty wears off that'll be it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I would walk out after the meal without paying, tell them to sod off and that Karen was paying for it.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(24-09-2022, 02:10 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I would walk out after the meal without paying, tell them to sod off and that Karen was paying for it.
Just make sure to film it! Big Grin Big Grin
Isn't "Burrito" the artistic poodle that has gone missing in the Botanic Gardens?
(23-09-2022, 03:28 PM)PLilith7 Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-...ce-in-town

Apparently, it is now far too difficult to use words of more than one or at most, two syllables, even if that means mutilating an existing word to do it - I give you 'hospo', a new term meaning (probably)  hospitality.
No clue as to what  an ex 'burrito artist' might be, but then they're Australian... Rolleyes
I imagine a "burrito artist" has the same level of qualifications as a Subway "sandwich artist".
(24-09-2022, 04:37 PM)alpha111 Wrote: Isn't "Burrito" the artistic poodle that has gone missing in the Botanic Gardens?
I think so...maybe there's a connection. Rolleyes

(24-09-2022, 06:58 PM)Olive Wrote:
(23-09-2022, 03:28 PM)PLilith7 Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-...ce-in-town

I imagine a "burrito artist" has the same level of qualifications as a Subway "sandwich artist".
  Yeah...absolute minutes of study required! Big Grin