Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heather du Plessis-Allan
(29-09-2022, 01:36 PM)SueDonim Wrote: I haven't seen the actual interview - I'm just getting the usual wasteful BS run-around to sites like Twitter (that I wouldn't normally look at). I have seen the initial article about HDP and her "questions". It looks like that while she may have gone too far in ridiculing the girl, where she was coming from was totally on the board I think. Too many of these activists want to stand up and shout before they actually look at the bigger picture of what is reasonable and where they should look in their own back yards first. People can be quick to get on their high horses about one thing and not notice or acknowledge that they can and should apply the principles elsewhere in their own lives first. So if a young girl says that non-essential air travel should be restricted when she has just had a holiday overseas then it's reasonable to point out the hypocrisy.

There is clear evidence that we are in a period of accelerated climate change. The amount of change is a normal part of the earth's cycles, but at present it's happening too fast and causing issues. How much of that is human induced is not certain, but it seems clear that we, supposedly the most intelligent animal, have totally stuffed up. Whether we can reverse it remains to be seen, but we also need to keep a balance of physical and mental fitness and enjoyment of life. Two of the biggest things we should trying to control at a macro level is the sheer number of people (stop having so many damned kids!!!) and stop building new housing on flood plains.
pointing out a hypocrisy is probably ok and Izzy did agree it was ironic, but given she did not have a choice in the non-essential air travel (being only 16)  ambushing her with a clearly premeditated attack is completely inappropriate TBH. 
I would be interested to see what the broadcasting standards authority feel about that one.  One thing to attack a seasoned, media savvy politician, quite another to attack a 16 year old trying to do good.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Me thinks you all need to learn the difference between journalism and talk back radio.
Talk back radio is frequently toxic, as is this message-board imo.
The point is that Izzy didn't arrange the holiday, & had no say in whether or not she went on holiday or where the holiday was to be; those things weren't in her control & to deliberately ridicule her for it was malicious.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Wink 
(29-09-2022, 02:05 PM)TinkandTiff Wrote: Me thinks you all need to learn the difference between journalism and talk back radio. 

We is bristlin' with toxic femininity here for sure...
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php...3&page=138

I just can't control 'em
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(29-09-2022, 02:33 PM)king1 Wrote:
(29-09-2022, 02:05 PM)TinkandTiff Wrote: Me thinks you all need to learn the difference between journalism and talk back radio. 

We is bristlin' with toxic femininity here for sure...
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php...3&page=138

I just can't control 'em
Big Grin Big Grin

Wiser not to try, surely.... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)