Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im so proud of the Russians....
Thumbs Up 
Who are taking a stand against Putins regime for what is right and saying no to the war.
Dont blame the others for trying to flee the country to avoid conscription either, but looks like they may be forced to stay if they close the borders.
I dont condone violence or vandalism, but I cant say I feel sad to see some of the buildings that protesters have targeted on the news.
This is nothing compared to what Ukraine has had to deal with.
It gives me some hope that there is still a great deal of good amongst their public that can see through Putins lies and propaganda.
Might not be long before we see a revolution in Russia, this time for the good I hope.
(27-09-2022, 07:47 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Who are taking a stand against Putins regime for what is right and saying no to the war.
Dont blame the others for trying to flee the country to avoid conscription either, but looks like they may be forced to stay if they close the borders.
I dont condone violence or vandalism, but I cant say I feel sad to see some of the buildings that protesters have targeted on the news.
This is nothing compared to what Ukraine has had to deal with.
It gives me some hope that there is still a great deal of good amongst their public that can see through Putins lies and propaganda.
Might not be long before we see a revolution in Russia, this time for the good I hope.
We need a revolution here, against unscientific bullshit and rightwing poison.
I do have other cameras!
I think perhaps the reaction from those who've been protesting, & & also those fleeing call up might have come as a shock to Putin & his henchmen. I'd like to think that might cause him to rethink his actions but that seems unlikely.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
did I read correctly yesterday, out of the 300,000 called up, 192,000 have now left russia? Surely the dimwit nupti (my new name for him) must see that as a sign he is on the wrong side of - everything...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I see all his cops and other civilian thugs attacking the ordinary folk and sending them off to sign up, what will happen when Putin decides that the cops and civilian thugs have to sign up, will they be so keen to do so and who will march them off to the recruiting offices?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Sending protestors straight to the front is his way of boosting military numbers...
(29-09-2022, 04:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Sending protestors straight to the  front is his way of boosting military numbers...
I wonder if Nupti has emptied the Gulags yet? Solve a couple of problems for him I would think...

(29-09-2022, 04:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Sending protestors straight to the  front is his way of boosting military numbers...

I think if that happens, most will likely surrender.
Ukraine has largely been looking after the POWs quite well.
The biggest issue facing Ukraine is the large amount of POWs they are going to have to deal with in the coming days.
It sounds like they are even giving POWs $40,000 or something if they surrender and become Ukraine citizens from what I read.
There are even reports of a number of them defecting to the Ukrainian side and fighting for Ukraine.

Something that Putin forgets is that many Russians have moved to Ukraine years ago because its a better place to live!
Defecting Russians is good news but also bad news, for Ukraine. Good in that those people won't be trying to kill them but bad in that they'll somehow have to feed & house those people.

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-09-2022, 06:14 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Defecting Russians is good news but also bad news, for Ukraine. Good in that those people won't be trying to kill them but bad in that they'll somehow have to feed & house those people.

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.
Its still potentially a good problem to have, Im sure international aid will assist with food.
I dont think we are going to see hundreds of thousands defecting any time soon, then it potentially will be a problem.
Ukraine has had fatalities in the conflict just as Russia has, so technically going by population figures go, it wont be any more than a break even situation in population unless we see a mass defection from Russia.
no one wins wars

(30-09-2022, 11:40 AM)king1 Wrote: no one wins wars
only HIMARS win wars!