Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police to drill 10 new boreholes at pike river
Hopefully they can actually find some hard evidence this time.
https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/09/30/pike-...stigation/
Hopefully we never again have a Government that smiles and waves and says 29 Workers is $3000000
In my opinion the police should never have been in charge when Pike exploded and stopping a rescue attempt, they have no experience in that sort of thing and had they let the experts do their thing , imagine how many lives could have been saved, so how about the police investigate themselves before drilling holes.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(01-10-2022, 08:43 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: In my opinion the police should never have been in charge when Pike exploded and stopping a rescue attempt, they have no experience in that sort of thing and had they let the experts do their thing , imagine how many lives could have been saved, so how about the police investigate themselves before drilling holes.
I know, this still really gets to me, they could have gone in ASAP and potentially saved lives, or at least at the very worst, recovered some bodies and discovered evidence.

From watching the documentary that aired a while ago, it appeared that the Pike River management pushed the police to say no to the rescue and told them it was dangerous because they knew they would discover evidence of neglect.
(01-10-2022, 08:43 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: In my opinion the police should never have been in charge when Pike exploded and stopping a rescue attempt, they have no experience in that sort of thing and had they let the experts do their thing , imagine how many lives could have been saved, so how about the police investigate themselves before drilling holes.
I tend to agree with that; I'd hate to think that any were still alive at the time of that second explosion.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(01-10-2022, 07:29 AM)Foal30 Wrote: Hopefully we never  again have a Government that smiles and waves and says 29 Workers is $3000000
hopefully we get rid of the government that wasted millions of taxpayers dollars on false promises..............we will get the boys out
yes i know
(04-10-2022, 03:38 PM)jim157 Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 07:29 AM)Foal30 Wrote: Hopefully we never  again have a Government that smiles and waves and says 29 Workers is $3000000
hopefully we get rid of the government that wasted millions of taxpayers dollars on false promises..............we will get the boys out
Or avoid voting for the party who allowed a dangerous mine to be opened...who cares about workers?
I do have other cameras!
(04-10-2022, 03:38 PM)jim157 Wrote:

I agree  Yes Yes
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
yeah not the only party that promises more than they deliver... At least this labour government has put in a lot more money to continue the investigation...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(04-10-2022, 05:27 PM)king1 Wrote: yeah not the only party that promises more than they deliver...  At least this labour government has put in a lot more money to continue the investigation...

I believe it was en election promise by labour (and NZF) iirc.
Anywway, I think it was good that they at least made an effort, but at the same time, much money was spent with little success into finding any cause of the explosion.
Other experts believe that access deeper into the mine was possible, but the biggest cost was H&S it appears.
Would be good if they could have gone further into the mine, not only to recover bodies, but also discover any evidence.

This whole mine disaster appears to be a coverup, and the govt was at least partly responsible at the time to have allowed this mine to operate in an unsafe manner.

I hope the boreholes discover more.
What really upsets me the most is how the rescue crews were prevented from entering the mine to start a rescue operation, its still possible that some survivors were inside waiting for a rescue.
I really feel for the families who still dont have any closure, it must be distressing.
(05-10-2022, 11:31 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 05:27 PM)king1 Wrote: yeah not the only party that promises more than they deliver...  At least this labour government has put in a lot more money to continue the investigation...

I believe it was en election promise by labour (and NZF) iirc.
Anywway, I think it was good that they at least made an effort, but at the same time, much money was spent with little success into finding any cause of the explosion.
Other experts believe that access deeper into the mine was possible, but the biggest cost was H&S it appears.
Would be good if they could have gone further into the mine, not only to recover bodies, but also discover any evidence.

This whole mine disaster appears to be a coverup, and the govt was at least partly responsible at the time to have allowed this mine to operate in an unsafe manner.

What really upsets me the most is how the rescue crews were prevented from entering the mine to start a rescue operation, its still possible that some survivors were inside waiting for a rescue.
I really feel for the families who still dont have any closure, it must be distressing.
you're not wrong on any of that, it was a bit of a disaster from any angle you look at it...  Ultimately though if someone died during a rescue attempt then the government would get the blame for that too, I guess they have to weigh up the (political) risk as well...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(01-10-2022, 02:47 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
I tend to agree with that; I'd hate to think that any were still alive at the time of that second explosion.
Also hate to imagine the fate of a rescue party if they had been in the mine when the second explosion occurred.
(01-10-2022, 02:47 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
Agreed, imagine how the families feel knowing they had no chance of rescue.

(05-10-2022, 11:37 AM)king1 Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 11:31 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I believe it was en election promise by labour (and NZF) iirc.

you're not wrong on any of that, it was a bit of a disaster from any angle you look at it...  Ultimately though if someone died during a rescue attempt then the government would get the blame for that too, I guess they have to weigh up the (political) risk as well...
Thats why there needs to be some sort of provision in law to make such attempts exempt from liability in these extreme cases.
IIRC, there was a similar mine disaster in Australia where rescuers entered the mine and died from a second explosion, but the circumstances were different.
They interviewed mine experts on the TV and they all said that in these cases the window for re-entry is narrow and the risk of another explosion increases over time as more oxygen makes it back into the mine.
The rescue team wanted to enter the mine ASAP after the first explosion, but the police prevented them.
As it turns out the police were taking orders from the pike river management telling them it was unsafe. This was the big mistake made.
The mine rescue team should be allowed to make their own independent decisions based on their skills and judgement.
(04-10-2022, 04:58 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 03:38 PM)jim157 Wrote: hopefully we get rid of the government that wasted millions of taxpayers dollars on false promises..............we will get the boys out
Or avoid voting for the party who allowed a dangerous mine to be opened...who cares about workers?

Pike was supposed to be opencast but the green wankers wouldnt allow it.....who cares about workers?

So, why was Pike River not an open cast mine? Answer: the bureaucrats in DOC who place a higher value on a tree, than on humanity, and certainly an individual human being.
It is significant that DOC have felt they needed to put out a press release disclaiming any responsibility:
But their very own press release damns all the bureaucrats involved. Quoting:
Environmental concerns did not compromise safety at the Pike River mine, Conservation Department director-general Al Morrison says. "We set stringent conditions and they met them to the extent that we gave them a conservation award."
And:
"The Pike River mine had to navigate sensitive environmental challenges above the ground, as well as difficult geology below The company has an access agreement with DOC. Once mining has finished, all evidence of the project has to be removed, such as buildings, bridges and powerlines. Pike River Coal has spent millions of dollars to meet environmental guidelines. It recycles water, has kept its surface features to a minimum and has zig-zagged powerlines and roads around ancient rimu trees."
And, the truly damning part:
"New Zealand has an opportunity to be a world leader in developing `green mines'. Our mine at Pike River proves that it can be done. It was likely any new mines would be underground. In such cases the surface impact is small, the infrastructure is removed at the end of mining and the small areas affected are restored. On the small areas affected, trees grow back."
Well now we know what a green mine does: it kills humans.
So, under DOC's watch, under the Gaia-worshipping eyes of the bureaucrats, open cast mines will never occur in NZ, and the same wasn't an option for Pike River. Yet if Pike River had been an open cast mine, all 29 of these miners would still be alive.
Anger should be directed at that fact, which is also the reason why individual liberty is being destroyed, as New Zealand lurches further and further toward Nanny State tyranny: a planned economy built necessarily on the backs of our planned lives, of which this disaster becomes part. And remember the bright side: the trees and snails were all saved.
yes i know
(11-10-2022, 04:06 PM)jim157 Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 04:58 PM)Praktica Wrote: Or avoid voting for the party who allowed a dangerous mine to be opened...who cares about workers?

Pike was supposed to be opencast but the green wankers wouldnt allow it.....who cares about workers?

So, why was Pike River not an open cast mine? Answer: the bureaucrats in DOC who place a higher value on a tree, than on humanity, and certainly an individual human being.
It is significant that DOC have felt they needed to put out a press release disclaiming any responsibility:
But their very own press release damns all the bureaucrats involved. Quoting:
Environmental concerns did not compromise safety at the Pike River mine, Conservation Department director-general Al Morrison says. "We set stringent conditions and they met them to the extent that we gave them a conservation award."
And:
"The Pike River mine had to navigate sensitive environmental challenges above the ground, as well as difficult geology below The company has an access agreement with DOC. Once mining has finished, all evidence of the project has to be removed, such as buildings, bridges and powerlines. Pike River Coal has spent millions of dollars to meet environmental guidelines. It recycles water, has kept its surface features to a minimum and has zig-zagged powerlines and roads around ancient rimu trees."
And, the truly damning part:
"New Zealand has an opportunity to be a world leader in developing `green mines'. Our mine at Pike River proves that it can be done. It was likely any new mines would be underground. In such cases the surface impact is small, the infrastructure is removed at the end of mining and the small areas affected are restored. On the small areas affected, trees grow back."
Well now we know what a green mine does: it kills humans.
So, under DOC's watch, under the Gaia-worshipping eyes of the bureaucrats, open cast mines will never occur in NZ, and the same wasn't an option for Pike River. Yet if Pike River had been an open cast mine, all 29 of these miners would still be alive.
Anger should be directed at that fact, which is also the reason why individual liberty is being destroyed, as New Zealand lurches further and further toward Nanny State tyranny: a planned economy built necessarily on the backs of our planned lives, of which this disaster becomes part. And remember the bright side: the trees and snails were all saved.
Interesting that you choose an anti green rant by an Ayn Rand groupie to support your argument - got anything that is based on reality instead?
I do have other cameras!