Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gmail deleting emails automatically
This is a weird one, a mate of mine says he is not getting any emails from one of his friends, turns out they are both using gmail.
After testing and sending out an email from my ISP account, I find it gets through, but I tested an email from my gmail account and it arrives and shows for a split second in the inbox and then vanishes.
No third party email clients using it and seems to only be gmail addresses that are doing this, there are no filters or blacklists enabled that I can see.
try having a look in the "all mail" folder, it lists everything regardless of label...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-10-2022, 03:16 PM)king1 Wrote: try having a look in the "all mail" folder, it lists everything regardless of label...
Yeah tried all that, all mail shows nothing, and neither does any of the spam or trash folders.
Whats odd is its only happening with emails sent out from another gmail address that I can tell.
I've had that occasionally with Gmail. Sometimes the missing email has been swallowed up into a "conversation", sometimes it just vanishes.

The "conversation" function is really annoying - I used to turn it off but lately there don't seem to be a way of doing this.
I receive emails from Gmail on my PC instantly but they take at least 2 hours or so to be received on my phone, I have been through the settings on my phone and the settings on Gmail but nothing changes ... oh well.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(04-10-2022, 10:35 AM)Olive Wrote: I've had that occasionally with Gmail.  Sometimes the missing email has been swallowed up into a "conversation", sometimes it just vanishes.

The "conversation" function is really annoying -  I used to turn it off but lately there don't seem to be a way of doing this.
Yeah I had wondered about that myself, but seems to not make any difference, so far its doing it with emails received from another gmail address.
I have no idea where the emails are going, but they appear to be deleting automatically without being marked or labelled as trash or spam.
the usual reasons would a message filter or rule processing the email in some way, or and email forwarder to another email address, or an email client popping the messages, or a spam/junk filter - can't be anything else. But none of them seem to fit based on the described behaviour and what you have said. definitely weird
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(05-10-2022, 07:16 PM)king1 Wrote: the usual reasons would a message filter or rule processing the email in some way, or and email forwarder to another email address, or an email client popping the messages, or a spam/junk filter - can't be anything else.  But none of them seem to fit based on the described behaviour and what you have said.  definitely weird
1st post on this forum, just arrived, well last night Smile . From experiences, ( I run my own Computer business) these types of things you need to sort where the problem is, have you tried sending the same email to another account that's not xtra, or for that matter to another xtra email address and does it repeat. ?  Have you tried white listing the gmail address ?

It could be the senders address is being blocked by xtra for some reason.

Then again could simply be xtra being xtra, they often muck things up with all sorts of weird happenings ??
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.