Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site maintainance
Just a heads up that if you see the site go offline, its due to me performing an upgrade.

I cant schedule a time so may happen without notice as i fit it in with my work schedule.
There will be other tweaks over time which may involve us taking the site down to install various addons and plugins to the system.
Thanks for using TMMB,
Regards
Admin
Thumbs Up 
Yes
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Server was upgraded today, if anyone has any issues, let us know in this thread,
cool, what kind of upgrade did we get?
more CPUs, more RAM, more doodads?

(12-10-2022, 03:57 PM)king1 Wrote: cool, what kind of upgrade did we get?
more CPUs, more RAM, more doodads?

Behave. We have far too much RAM and way too many doodads infesting these halls... Dodgy
right seriously now,

I can see the MYBB platform has been upgraded to the latest and greatest 1.8.31 from 1.8.22 iirc

you will note the adding attachments to post has changed a bit
and a bunch of security and performance improvements as well...

all the gory details are here if you're interested
https://blog.mybb.com/category/updates/

(12-10-2022, 04:42 PM)king1 Wrote: right seriously now,

I can see the MYBB platform has been upgraded to the latest and greatest 1.8.31 from 1.8.22 iirc

you will note the adding attachments to post has changed a bit
and a bunch of security and performance improvements as well...

all the gory details are here if you're interested
https://blog.mybb.com/category/updates/

Yes thats correct, we are now on 1.8.31
We also appear to not be having the timeout issues with pages loading either which is good news.
Im really looking forward to mybb 2.0 when its available, probably a way off still, but its going to have huge improvements.
does seem a bit snappier now... and the drag and drop attachment uploads are pretty cool...

Funny thing... something logged me off and required me to log back on. Just as well my devices remember my log ins, cos I sure can't...
(21-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Funny thing... something logged me off and required me to log back on. Just as well my devices remember my log ins, cos I sure can't...

clearing out your cookies would usually do that Oh_hunnihunni, have you run any cleaners on your device recently?

(21-10-2022, 09:31 AM)king1 Wrote:
(21-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Funny thing... something logged me off and required me to log back on. Just as well my devices remember my log ins, cos I sure can't...

clearing out your cookies would usually do that Oh_hunnihunni, have you run any cleaners on your device recently?

Me? Do housework? Are you mad Sir?

Interesting thing though, it was on both devices...
HOY! Which of you techie lot have been mucking around with my page? You know us old ladies hate change, I need a magnifying glass to read the damned thing now.

Mutter mutter mutter... Huh
(21-10-2022, 11:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: HOY! Which of you techie lot have been mucking around with my page? You know us old ladies hate change, I need a magnifying glass to read the damned thing now.

Mutter mutter mutter... Huh

Its OK, you can still switch back to the default theme if you like. We will be tweaking things on going forward, to go back to the default theme select UCP on the top right, then click edit options on the bottom left side of the screen. Smile
Under "other options" select board style and select "default"

You will also see the dark theme that has been added too.

There have been requests for us to upgrade things and give the forum a bit of a refresh, but the good news is that everyone has the choice to choose the theme they want.
We may even add more themes in future.

Anyway, regarding a "magnifying glass" this theme is the same font size as before, it might pay to check your page zoom settings in your web browser.
Only thing that has changed is page width, but you can change this by clicking on the symbol of the two pointy arrows just below "help" on the top right.
This will allow the page to extend to the whole width of your monitor.
you can also change the theme in the dropdown box at the bottom of the page

you can also zoom in on a PC with CTRL +

(21-10-2022, 12:49 PM)king1 Wrote: you can also change the theme in the dropdown box at the bottom of the page

Nice one for pointing that out!
I hadnt even noticed that!
(21-10-2022, 12:49 PM)king1 Wrote: you can also change the theme in the dropdown box at the bottom of the page

you can also zoom in on a PC with CTRL +

Holding ctrl + turning the scroll wheel on the mouse also is useful.
Pointy things... those'll be some of those doodads I'm thinking...
(21-10-2022, 12:27 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Anyway, regarding a "magnifying glass" this theme is the same font size as before, it might pay to check your page zoom settings in your web browser.
Only thing that has changed is page width, but you can change this by clicking on the symbol of the two pointy arrows just below "help" on the top right.

The headings look much smaller in the new format.
i'll look at the font size - it is the same point size as the other but it is def. smaller...

(21-10-2022, 01:36 PM)Olive Wrote:
(21-10-2022, 12:27 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Anyway, regarding a "magnifying glass" this theme is the same font size as before, it might pay to check your page zoom settings in your web browser.

The headings look much smaller in the new format.

I have tweaked the size and text colour to darken it just a wee bit, how is it looking now?