Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tree Problems
The neighbours tree is leaning against my fence and branches are overhanging my section, every winter I have to rake up all these bloody leaves that drop on my side and Im sick of it, 12 years of doing this is enough. The problem is they rent the place out. I have the owners number but always get his answer machine and he never returns calls and the tenants dont want me to know who the agents they deal through are, so besides getting a chainsaw and going and cutting the thing down myself are there any other options?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(05-10-2022, 09:37 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: The neighbours tree is leaning against my fence and branches are overhanging my section, every winter I have to rake up all these bloody leaves that drop on my side and Im sick of it, 12 years of doing this is enough. The problem is they rent the place out. I have the owners number but always get his answer machine and he never returns calls and the tenants dont want me to know who the agents they deal through are, so besides getting a chainsaw and going and cutting the thing down myself are there any other options?
I'd be dropping the leaves you collect over the fence. Transfering the problem at least in part will hopefully get a response you can then follow on from.
(05-10-2022, 10:43 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 09:37 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: The neighbours tree is leaning against my fence and branches are overhanging my section, every winter I have to rake up all these bloody leaves that drop on my side and Im sick of it, 12 years of doing this is enough. The problem is they rent the place out. I have the owners number but always get his answer machine and he never returns calls and the tenants dont want me to know who the agents they deal through are, so besides getting a chainsaw and going and cutting the thing down myself are there any other options?
I'd be dropping the leaves you collect over the fence. Transfering the problem at least in part will hopefully get a response you can then follow on from.
Good idea ill do that when they start falling off the tree again  Clapping
(05-10-2022, 12:31 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 10:43 AM)harm_less Wrote: I'd be dropping the leaves you collect over the fence. Transfering the problem at least in part will hopefully get a response you can then follow on from.
Good idea ill do that when they start falling off the tree again  Clapping
Yep, has to be worth a try. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The tree is more valuable than your neat and tidiness. Leave it alone, it makes the air you breath and it is being deeply stressed by you thinking such negative thoughts about it. Go give it a hug, and ask it nicely if it would drop its leaves on the other side...
(05-10-2022, 06:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The tree is more valuable than your neat and tidiness. Leave it alone, it makes the air you breath and it is being deeply stressed by you thinking such negative thoughts about it. Go give it a hug, and ask it nicely if it would drop its leaves on the other side...
And that's got to be worth a  try, too! Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Im a lover not a hugger!!!
Leaves are awesome for the garden/compost. Collect them and add to your soil.
I tend to rake up some for the compost, but leave some to stay around plants & help keep them warm over the winter.
Like that meme on farcebook says - they don't come in your window at night and drink your wine...
Legally you can cut any branches that come over the fence and throw them back over the other side too.
(13-10-2022, 09:32 AM)Admin Wrote: Legally you can cut any branches that come over the fence and throw them back over the other side too.

Yes I shall do that.
(13-10-2022, 09:32 AM)Admin Wrote: Legally you can cut any branches that come over the fence and throw them back over the other side too.

But  the people living next door arent the owners which makes it abit unfair even though you have the right to throw them back on their property.  Its a hard one in those situations.
Like I stated the owner not returning calls and tenants not keen on saying who the agent is so stuff it I will throw the branches and the leaves back on their side of the fence
Another tree problem.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1305688...jury-trial
(25-11-2022, 02:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Another tree problem.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1305688...jury-trial

that really sounds like someone didn't do their due diligence prior to buying the tree/property.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup